If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

52 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s an OK mlb.  Just never makes a game changing play.  I don’t blame him for the last play.  It’s usually not totally his fault.  You just can’t pay him top 10 LB money.  I’d offer him $10m per year max. Let him walk if he wants more than that. 

Edmunds has been out of position from day 1. Outside LB is where he belongs but even then, I think he may still be a liability. His instincts are terrible and never makes an impact play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 727Bills said:

I agree, if they can get him at a reasonable rate, keep him.  If not they should trade and get something in return. 

His fifth year option for next year was picked up.  It is for $12.7M and is fully guaranteed.  It would be tough to trade him.  I think he will be here through next season. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Is Edmunds playing out of position?  I know this has been asked before, but many Bills fans have noted he might be a better OLB; a position he played in college supposedly.  

He sucks at football. Not at MLB. Not against the run. Not against the pass. 

He sucks at football.

• Like (+1) 1

Tremaine Edmunds is one of the worst blitzers I've ever seen. Sending him on a blitz is like playing 11 on 10. He runs right into the line and dissappears off the screen. He's become a huge liability on defense.  Just look at who the Bucs decided to attack repeatedly......they too identified him as a weak link worth exploiting.

• Agree 1

He's not a MLB. He lacks the instincts and smarts to play the position. He may very well be a good OLB but since we play predominantly a 2 LB Nickel scheme there's really no place for him outside of MLB. Shame.

He's looked really bad this season. Not the impact player I hoped for.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, damj said:

Once again... Edmunds is close, but fails. 

I'm not talking about the touchdown... I'm talking 3rd and 3, he penetrates and fails to make the tackle. 

He is good. But he is not an impact LB. 

At this point, he’s not getting a contract unless he wants to take a hometown discount which he won’t and shouldn’t do.  

Unless something drastic happens over the next 4 games, I am certain the Bills will treat Edmunds like Shaq Lawson.  Make him prove it on a 5th year deal.  

19 minutes ago, Process said:

He sucks at football. Not at MLB. Not against the run. Not against the pass. 

He sucks at football.

Yup. He isn’t a football player. He may very well be better at other sports. Having an IQ of 37 probably doesn’t help either when you’re supposed to be the QB of the defense. I think he’s only the captain of sniffing his own farts.

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Edmunds had a really bad game today for the most part. The staff will focus on the good plays and believe in his potential due to his age and athleticism.

But it’s not like he has great speed either. The athleticism isn’t really there. I also saw him giving up on plays tonight and not even chasing the ball. 

He’s not only a huge liability, but looks to be a lazy player also.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s an OK mlb.  Just never makes a game changing play.  I don’t blame him for the last play.  It’s usually not totally his fault.  You just can’t pay him top 10 LB money.  I’d offer him $10m per year max. Let him walk if he wants more than that. 

4-5mil. he's a bottom feeder.

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yup. He isn’t a football player. He may very well be better at other sports. Having an IQ of 37 probably doesn’t help either when you’re supposed to be the QB of the defense. I think he’s only the captain of sniffing his own farts.

But it’s not like he has great speed either. The athleticism isn’t really there. I also saw him giving up on plays tonight and not even chasing the ball. 

He’s not only a huge liability, but looks to be a lazy player also.

I don’t see lazy. I see someone with a ton of physical talent who lacks instincts. MLB is all about reading and reacting, in split seconds. Edmunds struggles with this and he struggles  to stuff big backs in the interior gaps. I can’t recall him ever delivering a hit where the running back went backwards. I am talking about head to head meet at the LOS. 

He took the hit in the press conference on the winning pass play.  That is leadership.  He is maturing into a better player.  He has a long way to go to be earning big money.  You would be surprised if you heard the positive things other teams say about him.  The guy is an outside LB IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Even the Edmund apologists on this board have to admit it after this game. There's no way anyone could look at the impact Devin White is making in the same game, and say that Tremaine is anything but a major liability.

But he did tip a pass today. And did I mention that he's still only 19 years old...

and had to step over dead bodies to get to school every day when he was a preteen.  

Or was that someone else?

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He's a mystery to me. You look at that athleticism and it screams "playmaker." But the way he plays tends to be the opposite. I really don't know what to make of him.

Example: I think he had 12 tackles today? That's a lot. Were all of them downfield? Seems like it.

The explanation is a very low football IQ.  He has no feel for the game and doesn't anticipate; he reacts.

Some of his football skills are not very good either, despite his raw athleticism.

He can't shed blocks, for example.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He's a mystery to me. You look at that athleticism and it screams "playmaker." But the way he plays tends to be the opposite. I really don't know what to make of him.

Example: I think he had 12 tackles today? That's a lot. Were all of them downfield? Seems like it.

ever play Donkey Kong 64?

The way he moves reminds me of Lanky Kong.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t see lazy. I see someone with a ton of physical talent who lacks instincts. MLB is all about reading and reacting, in split seconds. Edmunds struggles with this and he struggles  to stuff big backs in the interior gaps. I can’t recall him ever delivering a hit where the running back went backwards. I am talking about head to head meet at the LOS. 

But the only thing he really needs to react to is whether or not the ball has been thrown or handed off. Numerous times tonight I saw him jogging slowly towards the ball carrier waiting for someone else to make the tackle. I also don’t see the physical abilities like others claim. He’s not all that fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Preston Brown also had a ton of tackles his last season in Buffalo. The guy was mediocre though. All his tackles were down field. 

edmunds best trait is making the tackles on swing passes and stretches to the sidelines. He can’t plug holes and he can’t stuff RBs unfortunately. 

hes simply not a playmaker

• Thank you (+1) 1

Doesn't matter how big and fast you are if you can't get off blocks, aren't physical, constantly take the wrong 1st step and make the wrong reads, and make very few big plays.  The Bills thought they could mold this athletic freak into a stud MLB but they failed and the sooner they come to grips with that reality the better.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Preston Brown also had a ton of tackles his last season in Buffalo. The guy was mediocre though. All his tackles were down field. 

edmunds best trait is making the tackles on swing passes and stretches to the sidelines. He can’t plug holes and he can’t stuff RBs unfortunately. 

hes simply not a playmaker

I used to be of the "miscast as a MLB, should be moved outside" school. But like you I'm just not seeing any playmaking ability, and I don't think that will be coming. He plays a fairly passive LB, effective in containing the outside run/screen game, but that's not a big money guy in today's NFL.

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Preston Brown also had a ton of tackles his last season in Buffalo. The guy was mediocre though.

So am I wrong in wishing we had a Preston Brown on this team now? 😁

17 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

What if he's cheap though?

I think we need to move on from Edmunds and Milano.

This is unpopular but I also think Tre is a bit overrated on this D. He’s a good player but not a great player. 

Thats who we should be using as trade bait. I would sell high with Tre.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Because he never has and never will. If I hear one more time how athletic he is I'll puke.

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I used to be of the "miscast as a MLB, should be moved outside" school. But like you I'm just not seeing any playmaking ability, and I don't think that will be coming. He plays a fairly passive LB, effective in containing the outside run/screen game, but that's not a big money guy in today's NFL.

So am I wrong in wishing we had a Preston Brown on this team now? 😁

Heck no. I feel like you and I are on the same page when it comes to Edmunds

I am a staunch Edmunds supporter, but he had a tough game. He just got caught out of position and before his speed gets him near the ball carrier, It's a 1st down or a big play. He makes a lot of tackles but he got blocked consistently on blitzes and underneath passes. I guess his price tag might warrant resigning. These next 4 games and postseason hopefully changes people's minds.

3 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

I am a staunch Edmunds supporter, but he had a tough game. He just got caught out of position and before his speed gets him near the ball carrier, It's a 1st down or a big play. He makes a lot of tackles but he got blocked consistently on blitzes and underneath passes. I guess his price tag might warrant resigning. These next 4 games and postseason hopefully changes people's minds.

"Resigning" or "Re-signing?" 

There's a big difference there!

If we keep him into a new K, he'll cost a fortune, way more than he's worth IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.