If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

Once again... Edmunds is close, but fails. 

I'm not talking about the touchdown... I'm talking 3rd and 3, he penetrates and fails to make the tackle. 

He is good. But he is not an impact LB. 

Edited by damj
  • Like (+1) 19
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

His lack of awareness in zone is one of his biggest problems. If he’d just recognize routes coming into his area and jump on that receiver, he’d be far more impactful than standing in a spot and running to the ball after the catch is made. He’s a coverage linebacker who isn’t great in coverage. His length and athleticism are his greatest attributes but he hardly uses them.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

He doesn't get sacks

He doesn't tackle for loss

He doesn't get interceptions

He doesn't cause fumbles

He doesn't recover fumbles

He sucks against the run

He sucks against the pass

The Bills are playing with 10 defenders

Gee I've been saying that for 4 years. This clown is pure garbage. And all the embarrassing Edmunds apologists should be ashamed.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Even the Edmund apologists on this board have to admit it after this game. There's no way anyone could look at the impact Devin White is making in the same game, and say that Tremaine is anything but a major liability.

But he did tip a pass today. And did I mention that he's still only 19 years old...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Gee I've been saying that for 4 years. This clown is pure garbage. And all the embarrassing Edmunds apologists should be ashamed.

I bought the "he's young line of BS"... We've all known how over rated he's been. He'll never be a great LB. Let some other team throw stupid money at him

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He's been really bad but that last play he shouldn't have even been on a WR. We need a new DC who can help him blossom.

Oh. I agree. That's on coaching. I'm talking about if he made the tackle in the back field, NE punts, but no... He whiffed 

2 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

Been saying all this for 2 years.  He needs to be shown the bench.   At least he had a great view of the game winning touchdown.

3 minutes ago, damj said:

I bought the "he's young line of BS"... We've all known how over rated he's been. He'll never be a great LB. Let some other team throw stupid money at him

No one is going to want this scrub. We're stuck with his sorry ass all next year at $13M. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s an OK mlb.  Just never makes a game changing play.  I don’t blame him for the last play.  It’s usually not totally his fault.  You just can’t pay him top 10 LB money.  I’d offer him $10m per year max. Let him walk if he wants more than that. 

He's not even worth league minimum. 

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The refs suck balls and here we are bashing Edmunds.  So predictable. 

Tremaine broke in the backfield on 3rd and 3. MAKE A F*&KING PLAY!!!! No, as usual... He fails to make a play. 

Name one impact play he's made when the game is on the line. Name ONE! 

Edited by damj
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, damj said:

Tremaine broke in the backfield on 3rd and 3. MAKE A F*&KING PLAY!!!! No, as usual... He fails to make a play. 

We get that call in the endzone and we win.  So no I am not obsessed with one players bad play.  These non stop bashing threads are just people having tantrums.  Same ***** every single day on here. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

I agree, if they can get him at a reasonable rate, keep him.  If not they should trade and get something in return. 

I think the Bills need to move on  Anyways they cannot pay everyone and they have already paid Milano.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, damj said:

Name one impact play he's made when the game is on the line. Name ONE! 

Do you mean the 3rd and 1 in overtime?

Or was that a separate play you're referring too?

Glad to see everyone's eyes are awakening. He doesn't pass the eye test.  All the good players make plays despite their lack of support.  Take Milano for instance.

But Edmunds doesn't do a lick. And tonight he showed the Edmunds Truthers they can't hide behind their "he covers space" BS excuse anymore.

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, damj said:

Once again... Edmunds is close, but fails. 

I'm not talking about the touchdown... I'm talking 3rd and 3, he penetrates and fails to make the tackle. 

He is good. But he is not an impact LB. 

That was huge because it was behind the line of scrimmage and would have forced a punt.  He needs to go downhill 

He wants no part of making a head on tackle on a rb with a head of steam. After ryan shazier I dont blame him but I also don't want him in the middle long term. I have been sounding like a conspiracy nut for years saying he purposely takes on blocks rather than attack runners but it is becoming undeniable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, vincec said:

Some serious overreactions in this thread. 😂

He's not great, but he's an average NFL MLB. I don't think the Bills are in a position to "cut him".

Well during the game it was fire McD.  So the tantrums are actually calming down.  lol

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Some serious overreactions in this thread. 😂

He's not great, but he's an average NFL MLB. I don't think the Bills are in a position to "cut him".

Average = replaceable. Word it whichever way makes you feel better, but paying a JAG $13M next year sucks.

• Agree 1

Edmunds is playing the way Frazier wants him to play. Frazier has constructed the D to work as an 11 man unit.  Edmunds is not called on to make those impact plays.  He's there to eat up space on pass D, and to fill gaps on running plays.  Those gaps fills are a problem, I'll agree.  He's just not as bad a player as people here think he is.  

• Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.