Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Want to know how to get teams out of running on you. SCORE and play YOUR game on offense. 

If Bills come out playing the offense they showed in the 4th All game long. This would not have been a close game. Patriots clearly were not letting Jones throw. 

• Like (+1) 4

This is a poorly coached team.  I always thought McDermott was excellent at getting the most out of his teams but this year has shown that is not the case.  We lost the game before it even started.  They were outhustled, outworked, outdone in every phase of physicality and effort.  This team's saving grace is Josh Allen.  If we miss the playoffs, I'd be fine blowing it up.  What a fall from grace.

• Like (+1) 2

Can't this team still gamble on Phillip Lindsay? I liked him before the season. You can't keep trotting these backs out there, we need some new blood from somewhere.

Ugh Dolphins got him nevermind, of course.

Edited by Nelius

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Could have been Wyatt Teller and Creed Humphrey... 

But still, we can improve significantly with two more stout interior o lineman.

The small bit of pregame coverage I could tolerate I caught what BB said after his losing season last year.    I want to be strong up the middle and build from there.   It worked.   

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll deserves to be fired. 

Calling run plays 1st and Goal from the 6-yard line with 4.6-4.7 Zack Moss.

Then we don’t learn our lesson and do it again the next drive with Singletary.

Not one designed run to Allen, the guy with 28 career running TDs.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s why I can’t dwell on his missed throws like some people do. He made plenty of incredible plays, while carrying this team on his back. Other guys are out there making mistake after mistake. Allen made up for each mistake. 

Absolutely.  And anyone who complains about Allen's play tonight, oh look in super slow motion Allen should have seen this open WR when running for his life, is a fool.  I'm actually in awe of how well he threw the ball tonight.  Three huge drops and the failure to make a great catch in the end zone by Knox (I won't call that a drop but a great play there and we win the game) cost us the game.

• Like (+1) 6

Am I the only one that feels like the Bills as a team just wakes up late and runs out of time?  They’re easily the better team, week in and week out. But they don’t get the win because they sleep walk though half the game... give up a huge play or two and just never recover. 

We definitely outplayed the Pats tonight.  But got the loss.   I don’t know what it is... but this team seems ...off.  They’re missing something. 

How do you let a team that’s thrown 1 pass ...run that effectively against you?  Half the defense should just quit playing football.... they were a disgrace.  Edmonds ..should be done.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Honestly Bills should not run the ball at all. Unless Allen as well as put Breida as the pass catching underneath threat.  The RBS are awful.

They need to leave Moss inactive and run Breida more. I get that they are scared by his fumbles. But at least he can make a play. Moss's signature play is occasionally breaking contact for 1 extra yard. I'll take the fumble risk over that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

No they’ll light up Tampa they have no secondary I just have no faith the can stop Fornette 

Maybe Daboll will have Allen try only 3 passes vs tb. Worked for ne vs let’s try, don’t know what else to do do duh duh duh. 

Just now, Success said:

EVERYONE should take heart - the Jones hype is hype, and we'll likely always have the better QB by a mile.

I know they didn't HAVE to throw.  But they didn't trust him.

Why throw when they can run the lock out and beat us? 

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What is preventing the patriots from basically just running this exact same gameplan against us in 3 weeks? We had 11 guys trying to stop the run, but couldn’t. If you were BB, wouldn’t you just do the same thing? 

It doesn’t work as well when the other team gets a lead. Hopefully the weather won’t be so terrible and we can actually throw and play to our strengths.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is Josh hasn’t been clutch either this year...He hasn’t been able to come back 1 time...

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is Josh hasn’t been clutch either this year...He hasn’t been able to come back 1 time...

He brought them to the goal line twice on the last two drives with a flawless bomb dropped by Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dan said:

Am I the only one that feels like the Bills as a team just wakes up late and runs out of time?  They’re easily the better team, week in and week out. But they don’t get the win because they sleep walk though half the game... give up a huge play or two and just never recover. 

We definitely outplayed the Pats tonight.  But got the loss.   I don’t know what it is... but this team seems ...off.  They’re missing something. 

How do you let a team that’s thrown 1 pass ...run that effectively against you?  Half the defense should just quit playing football.... they were a disgrace.  Edmonds ..should be done.  

Not really; they ran the ball right down our throat and we couldn't stop it.

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

It still amazes me that Beane built a team that can’t play in its own home field weather. 

if we had any semblance of a running game and a stout offensive line, we win this game in a rout. 

The opponent decided it was better to run the ball than let their quarterback attempt a pass limiting them to only 14 points…I think the weather helped us a bit too

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Diggs definitely lost that one…throw was perfect. Make that catch and we’re talking about how belichicks gameplan was a disaster. It really is a game of inches lol

Exactly, I am not even mad at Diggs, I get it was probably a super tough adjustment. But anyone saying "Allen couldnt deliver the killer pass" is absurd to me. the third down play at end of game? Beasley dropped a tough throw, knox multiple... missed FG (not mad at Bass), Brieda dropping a dang handoff? Anyone blaming Allen for this game is nutso

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Daboll deserves to be fired. 

Calling run plays 1st and Goal from the 6-yard line with 4.6-4.7 Zack Moss.

Then we don’t learn our lesson and do it again the next drive with Singletary.

Not one designed run to Allen, the guy with 28 career running TDs.

He is awful. Called no designed runs. I would have called one on the 6 yard line. Worst comes to worst you get stuffed like your idiot running backs are gonna get stuffed anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.