Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not the first to say it here, but really: Belichick didn't even consider attempting a FG into the wind. They threw Bass out there only because the offense went backwards so that going for it on 4th down wasn't an option. Bass deserves no blame whatsoever.

It was a 33 yarder, I'm not hearing it.

3 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Of course it was Jerry Sullivan who pissed off Hyde. 

Poor baby Hyde 

got upset because someone asked him a legit question 

stop getting ran all the time against physical teams and you will stop being asked questions like he asked 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Put a roof on the new stadium. Players today are soft just like this team. Need to put Josh in ideal situations moving forward. Playing in the weather elements is no longer an advantage. Bills dared the Pats to throw and still got run over total embarrassment.

Honestly how do we know we don’t lose that game by more in a dome? One qb literally could not pass in those conditions and one could. You think a more balanced pats offense would’ve improved our chances? They ran the ball up and down the field then got stuffed outside of fg range most of the game 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

With Josh Allen at QB

It's insane...Really...I see these early down runs go for 1 or no yards and I think...It's actually hard to be this bad running the ball when you have a QB as good as Josh...Teams have to respect him...They have no choice...And we should be able to gash them with the run...But then you realize...Josh is also the best runner...

Good grief...What a mess they've made of this...I told everyone after that KC Championship game the path was through the running game...I was not really considering the weather factor much either...I just know this...If you can run it when you have a QB as good as Josh...That how you win a Championship...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Absolutely.  And anyone who complains about Allen's play tonight, oh look in super slow motion Allen should have seen this open WR when running for his life, is a fool.  I'm actually in awe of how well he threw the ball tonight.  Three huge drops and the failure to make a great catch in the end zone by Knox (I won't call that a drop but a great play there and we win the game) cost us the game.

The announcers didn’t heap much praise on Allen at all. They commented mostly on any missed throws, but didn’t comment a lot on several great plays he made. If our receivers could have caught the passes, Allen had 3 or 4 highlight reel plays.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

They didn’t have 10 in the box until the second half. They allowed the Pats to run all over them all day long. I blame the coaches as much if not more than the players for their inability to stop the run. 

I agree that they should have put 10 in the box from the beginning, but if you need to use 10 in the box to keep an average running back from putting up 10 yards per carry then you've probably already lost the coaching battle.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

100%

I hope there isn't a rift forming in the locker room

If there is they are a weak minded team.

Anyway, the Bills had the ball in Patriots territory 6 times tonight and scored twice for a total of 10 points.

The Patriots had the ball in Bills territory just 2 times but scored 3 times (long TD run was from their territory)for a total of 14 points.

Easy peasy. The Bills may have been gashed on the ground but the damage was minimal. The game was lost by offensive players, to include our kicker, not coming up big in big situations.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Definitely. I love our wide receivers individually, but the YAC struggles were really apparent tonight, as well as the lack of clutch catches. I don't need them to catch all of those contested and tough plays, but make 1 or 2 and you win. 

A couple WRs should have been able to grab 5-10 yards after catches at one point, and instead hit the dirt like they got shot

Great point. I thought I read somewhere that the Bills were near the bottom with YAC. 

Remember on the Pats 70 yard TD run where their 220 pound WR was able to block Espinoza to open up the play.  We have no one among our WR's that could that.  I have a friend who told me before the season started that the Sanders signing was pure hubris on Beans part and that we didn't have the luxury to bring in a nice but old route runner.  I laughed him off but he was 100% correct.

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

Poor baby Hyde 

got upset because someone asked him a legit question 

stop getting ran all the time against physical teams and you will stop being asked questions like he asked 

The D actually wasn’t terrible.  10 stops on 12 3rd downs.  Have the offense great field position time and time again.  One big play where we didn’t close the gap.  But this was not a loss due to the defense.  This was a lack of offensive execution

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

It's insane...Really...I see these early down runs go for 1 or no yards and I think...It's actually hard to be this bad running the ball when you have a QB as good as Josh...Teams have to respect him...They have no choice...And we should be able to gash them with the run...But then you realize...Josh is also the best runner...

Good grief...What a mess they've made of this...I told everyone after that KC Championship game the path was through the running game...I was not really considering the weather factor much either...I just know this...If you can run it when you have a QB as good as Josh...That how you win a Championship...B-)

I think we were trying to run down the game clock a little bit that final time to get the last possession and it blew up in our face 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not the first to say it here, but really: Belichick didn't even consider attempting a FG into the wind. They threw Bass out there only because the offense went backwards so that going for it on 4th down wasn't an option. Bass deserves no blame whatsoever.

I just want to know why with the wind blowing across the field from left to right did Bass aim for just inside the right upright?? Like literally aim the ball down the middle and it makes it inside the upright

6 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Because the OC didnt call a single designed QB run for a QB whos best attribute in this game is THE RUN. It is insane how bad this idiot is. You get the ball 1st and goal on the 6 and you call a run to the RB? WHO HAS BEEN INEFFECTIVE ALL GAME?!?!?! Worst comes to worst, allen gets no yards. But of course Daboll continues to suck like ALL SEASON and call the dumbest plays.

That’s an awful take. Hoodie’s entire game plan was to stop Josh from running. That was pretty apparent in the first minutes of the game by the pressure and spying. He had nowhere to go at any point.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Knox did NOT drop that pass. It was perfectly defended by Phillips to the point where it was basically uncatchable.

It was absolutely catchable. The defender made a better play. Knox needs to step up and make the play, period. Especially in light of all of the other plays he screwed up.

The Pats had exactly two completions tonight and one of them was a better catch than any catch a Bills player has made this year. I'm just sick of these games where Allen makes ridiculous play after ridiculous play and no one else on offense wants to do the same.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we were trying to run down the game clock a little bit that final time to get the last possession and it blew up in our face 

Yep...100%...But The way Josh was throwing it they still could not manage much, and then were chasing down and distance again...The throw away plays are killers because it cuts down the margin of error...

Anyway...I agree...

Just now, Cray51 said:

The D actually wasn’t terrible.  10 stops on 12 3rd downs.  Have the offense great field position time and time again.  One big play where we didn’t close the gap.  But this was not a loss due to the defense.  This was a lack of offensive execution

I mean they let a few big runs but they also had plenty of ones blown up for big losses too.

Just irritating the Bills constantly kill themselves with stupid plays or poor execution or mental mistakes. It's like they have the capability to make these plays and it's just like they can't focus in key situations.

Just now, HappyDays said:

It was absolutely catchable. The defender made a better play. Knox needs to step up and make the play, period. Especially in light of all of the other plays he screwed up.

The Pats had exactly two completions tonight and one of them was a better catch than any catch a Bills player has made this year. I'm just sick of these games where Allen makes ridiculous play after ridiculous play and no one else on offense wants to do the same.

Guys on the other side make great plays too. The coverage was great.

Just now, Cray51 said:

It really wasn’t…our pride is hurt looking at the box score but the pats really weren’t effective on offense with scoring points. Bill trusted his defense and that our offense would shoot itself in the foot and it worked out for him 

Just now, Tulsabillsfanz said:

The announcers didn’t heap much praise on Allen at all. They commented mostly on any missed throws, but didn’t comment a lot on several great plays he made. If our receivers could have caught the passes, Allen had 3 or 4 highlight reel plays.  

The announcers are useless. I love Diggs but he flat out dropped a fantastic, highlight reel TD throw under those conditions.  Griese is especially bad here.  Mac Jones completed one pass tonight and his WR made a world class catch for a 12 yard gain. In contrast the Bills had 4 dropped balls all at critical times. Two were in the end zone and two would have converted 3rd down and kept alive drives in NE territory.  That was the game.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hard to say. I mean, it sounds stupid to say that, but we don't know what input Daboll has on personnel decisions. Did he say use draft picks on pass rushers and not O linemen because he thought we were pretty sound there? Bring in Sanders and not a competent fullback or second block-first TE?

He has been terrible all year. The games we lost have often been terrible offensive displays (minus the Titans game). He calls Jet sweeps one game, ignores it for the next 5 games. Calls QB runs, you don't see those runs for weeks at a time. This game he calls no QB runs. In a game where the wind is a disaster, he doesnt run the ball with the only effective runner on the team. It is a joke how bad hes been this year. I wish someone hired him so we had someone who cares more about winning than calling cute plays. 

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Our offense plays with 1 or 2 downs out of 4.

Every run is a wasted play. Pointless.

Allen showed the wind wasn't dibilatating and threw some unbelievable passes...but those 1 yard runs up the middle are just so awesome that Daboll couldn't help himself.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yep...I kept telling my Nephew tonight...They need people to step up to Josh's level all over this offense...And all too often they don't...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn’t say he dropped it but he had a few drops and plenty of catchable balls and made one nice play out of the lot when we needed two 

Just now, Big Turk said:

I mean they let a few big runs but they also had plenty of ones blown up for big losses too.

Just irritating the Bills constantly kill themselves with stupid plays or poor execution or mental mistakes. It's like they have the capability to make these plays and it's just like they can't focus in key situations.

Poor execution is a problem for sure.  We beat ourselves tonight

so if u go back to the next the last possession and look at the replay after 3rd down.   pats are in a loose zone.   we have on person in the endzone and then all u see is a ton of green field.   i found myself asking where the hell all our offensive players where.   last possession 3rd down.   one person in the zone and diggs in the middle close the endzone and a lot of green grass every where else with the pats in a loose zone.  

Daboll hasnt been good in the endzone since the first game of the playoffs last year.   its like he fell and hit his head and never recovered.   

they said that the bills are the most in consistent team on record for there giving point differential.    well all u have to do is look at the players....   take knox...makes great plays....   the sux badly...   defense....plays great at times...then has a total brain lapse...

the entire team does not play consistent.   they are not a very technically sound team this year.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.