Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is his hand still broken? I feel like he gets a little more benefit of the doubt if he’s playing with an injury like that

It didn’t look broken when he made that catch over the middle and got crunched.

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Daboll waited too long to let Josh loose air and land like last year. That’s the storyline. 1H we played like a heavy run team. Ah…We ain’t. 

D played “okay” and better after they figured the block scheme. 

Played scared. Like oh no if we lose throwing the ball people will say I’m dumb. I would much rather lose trying to pass than up the middle dives. 

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

That was clear sailing to the right side of the end zone. Zack Moth has no vision. Time to move on from him.

Agreed, if Moss goes around Brown's right side he literally walks into the end zone and we are 8-4. Instead we have Trent Richardson 2.0. 

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Post game callers still with the Breida love. A few nice runs isn't worth a fumble every 8-10 carries, folks. Breida will not save us.

Yeah. We found that out rather quickly. If someone isn’t playing, there’s a legitimate reason. I suspect it was the same thing with Yeldon. He just didn’t trust him.

Jt didn’t help that we tried to run him up the middle. That’s being cute and that’s on McD. His touches should all be outside.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

A lot of that had to do with Knox dropping two passes in Pats territory when we had the wind in the 1st quarter killing both drives,  And then on FIRST DOWN, Brieda loses a fumble without even being hit at the Pats 29 yard line.  

And in the 3rd quarter the defense struggled to get NE off the field and let the Pats burn up a lot of our wind time.

And one of Knox’s drops was in the 2nd quarter when Allen rolled right and threw a laser to him at about the Patriots 20…..and he dropped it.

Allen was a stud tonight. He’s made some unreal throws. And there were some unreal drops.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

Our backs are not good enough

It looked like he was going to bounce it but for some strange reason he decided against it.

And, why was Knox sent the other way and not blocking at the point of attack? So much wrong with this play. If Knox blocks down (off tackle) it still may have been a successful run. The fake misdirection is not a play you run against a physical team inside of the 10 yard line. You need as many blockers as possible at the point of attack. All Knox was on that play was a wasted player.

Edited by Beast

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Unbelievable. How can he be that bad?

Only explanation is the play was supposed to go to the left and he cut back but didn't realize (or more likely) knows he doesn't have the speed to get out there.  

Dawson's trap block says thats going left side B Gap

Edited by Big Blitz

Can someone find out why we never sent hurry up when we had the wind? No urgency to maximizing both our plays with the wind and ne plays against it. Instead we play into their hands and run the clock down. It’s the stubborn I will beat them at their game instead of win with my game. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I agree.

Alas, I also think that this case with personnel... it is more of a case of an OC who lacks the concept of building a power run game. Kind of like when Greg Roman was the Bills OC and the team failed to build a decent passing game. 

Building a power run game does a few things.

Keeps the offense on the field making first down after first down, see 2021 Colts & Titans, 49ers 2019. The difference between the 2018 Green bay Packers and the 2019 GB Packers.

Controls the clock and keeps the opposing QB off the field. See the 1990 Buffalo Bills in the SB.

And it's not like Belichick's Pats haven't been there themselves. They got very pass happy a couple times during the Brady years, but Belichick always managed to build a running game, including in the middle of a season. I fear it's too late for the Bills this year, so it's certainly time to start working in that direction for next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Only explanation is the play was supposed to go to the left and he cut back but didn't realize (or more likely) knows he doesn't have the speed to get out there.  

Dawson's trap block says thats going left side B Gap

My bad that wasn't a trap - that was an RPO Josh could have kept it and Knox was running a route to the flat.  

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yeah. We found that out rather quickly. If someone isn’t playing, there’s a legitimate reason. I suspect it was the same thing with Yeldon. He just didn’t trust him.

Jt didn’t help that we tried to run him up the middle. That’s being cute and that’s on McD. His touches should all be outside.

Yeldon was awful and also had fumble issues. He's out of the league now so I think it's pretty safe to say he wasn't going to save us either. This very well could be Breida's last stop. I don't like that our depth is historically old and nearly out of the league come to think of it, there are no 25 year old backs we can pilfer and stash?

Who's our Practice Squad JAG at this point because I sincerely want to see them get some action. I think it's still Antonio Williams and I want to see him somehow. Why not?

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Unbelievable. How can he be that bad?

He’s not an NFL caliber player.  Most street free agents score on that play.  Brown had the inside completely sealed off.  I was screaming at my TV.

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

No need to beat around the bush. The problem is Beane, and I knew it the exact moment they showed the “draft room” that year when the pretended that they were targeting Cody Ford all along. It was totally staged.

They missed on who they were targeting and made a spectacle out of it to save face.

Our fans get played so hard.

I'm not going to dis on the man who drafted Josh Allen when the rest of the Bills fans world wanted Josh Rosen. So many here were posting that the Bills should have given up the farm to trade to the #2 spot with the Giants for Rosen...now that would have been bad!!! 

I don't get who they missed on to draft Ford?

NFN, but a GM is only as good as his scouts and offensive coaches who all have input into those picks. Ford was a human road grader at Oklahoma and looked to be a good pick at #38.

Besides, there is something amiss with these Buffalo coaches/scouts. Whose bright idea was it to draft Nate Peterman in 2017 and then start him against the Ravens in 2018? Whose idea was it that OG Wyatt Teller was expendable... over who? 

This FO/coaching staff saw first hand what a good pro bowl OG looks like in Richie Incognito. Well, some of them did.

This offense in scoring only 10 points reminds me how bad the offense can be at times...like the 6-10 loss to the lowly 1-6 Jags. The bigger problem is the lack of a run game by the RB's along with the play calling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Daboll waited too long to let Josh loose air and land like last year

Josh is the offensive competitive advantage, period. Daboll sidelined our core advantage for the entire 1H. 

(Let’s just run, our competitive weakness, because that’s what BILL would do.)

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I agree.

Alas, I also think that this case with personnel... it is more of a case of an OC who lacks the concept of building a power run game. Kind of like when Greg Roman was the Bills OC and the team failed to build a decent passing game. 

Building a power run game does a few things.

Keeps the offense on the field making first down after first down, see 2021 Colts & Titans, 49ers 2019. The difference between the 2018 Green bay Packers and the 2019 GB Packers.

Controls the clock and keeps the opposing QB off the field. See the 1990 Buffalo Bills in the SB.

How is that the OC’s problem. He has a system, has no control over player personnel. They didn’t hire him for a power running scheme. They didn’t draft players for a power running scheme. They don’t have an OL for a power running scheme. They run a zone blocking scheme.

How is that Daboll’s fault?

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

I'm not going to dis on the man who drafted Josh Allen when the rest of the Bills fans world wanted Josh Rosen. So many here were posting that the Bills should have given up the farm to trade to the #2 spot with the Giants for Rosen...now that would have been bad!!! 

NFN, but a GM is only as good as his scouts and offensive coaches who all have input into those picks. Ford was a human road grader at Oklahoma and looked to be a good pick at #38.

Besides, there is something amiss with these Buffalo coaches/scouts. Whose bright idea was it to draft Nate Peterman in 2017 and then start him against the Ravens in 2018? Whose idea was it that OG Wyatt Teller was expendable... over who? 

This FO/coaching staff saw first hand what a good pro bowl OG looks like in Richie Incognito. Well, some of them did.

This offense in scoring only 10 points reminds me how bad the offense can be at times...like the 6-10 loss to the lowly 1-6 Jags. The bigger problem is the lack of a run game by the RB's along with the play calling.

He has to draft rounds 1, 2 offence next year surely 

32 minutes ago, finn said:

I get that. It's not so much that he's not a good kicker, more that he's not a great kicker. Great kickers make these kicks. That's my point. I thought we might have one of the real rare ones. 

I can follow that, not sure I would count him out for tonight, but I at least see what your saying 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My bad that wasn't a trap - that was an RPO Josh could have kept it and Knox was running a route to the flat.  

Agreed.So is that not on Allen to somehow let Knox know before the snap he is going to give the ball to Moss? I mean, I get that an RPO is decided after the snap but that decision looked to be made before the snap anyway.

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

A lot of that had to do with Knox dropping two passes in Pats territory when we had the wind in the 1st quarter killing both drives,  And then on FIRST DOWN, Brieda loses a fumble without even being hit at the Pats 29 yard line.  

And in the 3rd quarter the defense struggled to get NE off the field and let the Pats burn up a lot of our wind time.

Very true but let's not forget the Pats gave the Bills a gift on the fumbled punt. 

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

Does anyone have the fumble video?  I couldn't tell on the replay if Allen hit him in the chest with the ball or if he got it between his arms.

The hand off looked clean. He just dropped it looking at the defense before securing the ball.

On the first drive Knox drops an easy first down pass that puts the ball inside the Pats 40 yard line.  On the 2nd possession after getting a first down at the Pats 29 yard line Breida fumbled the ball away.  We could have been up 14 - 0 after those two possessions with the wind at our back. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Agreed.So is that not on Allen to somehow let Knox know before the snap he is going to give the ball to Moss? I mean, I get that an RPO is decided after the snap but that decision looked to be made before the snap anyway.

We've seen it a dozen times.  If Allen keeps it he's running left.  He can run....or pass to Knox who is probably the low guy in a Hi/Low combo that way

Just now, london_bills said:

He has to draft rounds 1, 2 offence next year surely 

I wonder if this FO would even consider doing what the Colts did in drafting an OG #6 overall in Quinten Nelson? Or even drafting an OG with that first round pick at all? 

Well, sometimes there are some really good O line players that bad teams consider expendable because of their salary. The Bills did good with center Mitch Morse. Now they just need to find some decent OGs and perhaps even a new LT.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Correct. He isn’t really a football guy. He’s basically a manager that depends on others and then makes decisions. He did get QB right, or someone did.

I can’t give him a pass any longer tho. This team isn’t very talented.

At the same time, I was never sold on McD’s scheme and bringing Frazier onboard just confirmed it to me that we’d choke in big games.

Its not a great situation. Daboll is the least of our problems. He will probably move on and win a SB 2 years from now on another team.

Just now, Governor said:

Correct. He isn’t really a football guy. He’s basically a manager that depends on others and then makes decisions. He did get QB right, or someone did.

I can’t give him a pass any longer tho. This team isn’t very talented.

At the same time, I was never sold on McD’s scheme and bringing Frazier onboard just confirmed it to me that we’d choke in big games.

Its not a great situation. Daboll is the least of our problems. He will probably move on and win a SB 2 years from now on another team.

Based on what? He's never ever shown ability to be a top-end coach in his entire career. 

Just now, Nihilarian said:

I wonder if this FO would even consider doing what the Colts did in drafting an OG #6 overall in Quinten Nelson? Or even drafting an OG with that first round pick at all? 

Well, sometimes there are some really good O line players that bad teams consider expendable because of their salary. The Bills did good with center Mitch Morse. Now they just need to find some decent OGs and perhaps even a new LT.

Beane has to take an OG or RB high surely. He's done the later round RBs and they haven't worked out. 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We've seen it a dozen times.  If Allen keeps it he's running left.  He can run....or pass to Knox who is probably the low guy in a Hi/Low combo that way

LOL….did you see Sanders come across the DB’s face. That could have been an easy pitch and catch for 6 as well if Allen chose to go that route.

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

And one of Knox’s drops was in the 2nd quarter when Allen rolled right and threw a laser to him at about the Patriots 20…..and he dropped it.

Allen was a stud tonight. He’s made some unreal throws. And there were some unreal drops.

I thought Allen played well under the conditions and vs a very good defense. I am a bit disappointed he wasn't able to bring it home and finish off the game with a td. I couldn't help but think a franchise QB gets into the end zone someway somehow. He had not one but 2 chances to do it. Granted he was excellent and the main reason why the Bills had their chances. Just a really disappointed game. Right now, I'm in no mood to stop the blame game. This team needs to make some changes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought Allen played well under the conditions and vs a very good defense. I am a bit disappointed he wasn't able to bring it home and finish off the game with a td. I couldn't help but think a franchise QB gets into the end zone someway somehow. He had not one but 2 chances to do it. Granted he was excellent and the main reason why the Bills had their chances. Just a really disappointed game. Right now, I'm in no mood to stop the blame game. This team needs to make some changes. 

Really well put. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.