Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, HappyDays said:

Allen made many plays. He was the only one. I'll give Diggs his sideline catch but that was also a fantastic throw. Literally no one on offense made an exceptional play other than Allen and several of his exceptional plays were dropped.

He certainly made some plays and he wasnt to blame. But he couldn't deliver that killer pass at the end which was disappointing, albeit into the wind. We also lacked real speed in seemed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think two big hogs on o line and this team is on a whole other level.   You control the ball and clock and score points.   Force the other team to chase you and become one dimensional.   Josh still running for his life out there WAY too often.   O line upgrades needed big time.   D line second.  I don’t see the Pats RBs as anything special…,they just had blocking for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Allen made many plays. He was the only one. I'll give Diggs his sideline catch but that was also a fantastic throw. Literally no one on offense made an exceptional play other than Allen and several of his exceptional plays were dropped.

That’s why I can’t dwell on his missed throws like some people do. He made plenty of incredible plays, while carrying this team on his back. Other guys are out there making mistake after mistake. Allen made up for each mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Much as I hate to admit it:

Belichick and McDaniels won this one. McDermott/Frazier/Daboll lost it.

The most head scratching things were the burning of the timeouts. Obviously really could have used them at the end there for one last chance.

I guess we could question not taking the wind for the 4th quarter too. But I am not totally sure what the process is there. And then folks would complain that we didn't start with the ball either half. But could have possibly won it with a couple FG's in the 4th if we had the wind.

But otherwise, the inability to run the ball, the inability to stop the run, the inability for Knox to not make clutch catches and lose his concentration with a killer false start. I'm not sure those are on the players. I do highly question the lack of running attempts for Allen in a game like this one though. Especially when they will run him in some meaningless game against a crap opponent like the Jets or something. If we are going to risk injury to Allen at least do it in a game like this.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Agree. Or you make it there on Allen’s Arm and very first play is always that Moss over the OG run. No point have I seen ANY of 2021 creativity in the RedZone this year. 

Will have to go back and see but I'm pretty sure on all three goal-to-go situations we ran Singletary or Moss up the middle for like 2 yards. Every time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I will also say this. I know I may get flack but Allen's throws to Knox and Diggs that were dropped killed us. That catch by Diggs would have been a tough one but damn it, you need to make big plays in big games. The ball couldn't have been thrown better to him and Knox on that 2nd quarter pass.

I'll also give goat horns to Bass. He has to put that in from 33, even with the conditions. He makes that we kick another FG at yhe end and they win.

Too many chances and nobody came up big in big situations.

I may be harsh with those thoughts but that's the way I see it. They had many opportunities to win this game and they disn't sack up. They folded.

You're not wrong - but that's also the nature of a game against the BB Pats.  They generally don't beat themselves, so teams have a smaller margin for error.

The list of mistakes we made wouldn't look so bad in most games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, london_bills said:

He certainly made some plays and he wasnt to blame. But he couldn't deliver that killer pass at the end which was disappointing, albeit into the wind. We also lacked real speed in seemed. 

like the killer pass he threw into Diggs breadbasket 40 yards downfield for TD? I mean hit Diggs bicep

1 minute ago, Brian3488 said:

Because our coaching plays scared and plays conservative until it's time to try and win

Run for 1 yard, run for maybe 1 or 2 yards now get one shot to throw the ball on third down. Such creativity it amazes me 

Particularly with no real FB (even Gilliam was out) and no block-first TE, not to mention no plus RB, we just aren't equipped to change offensive strategy to go with weather conditions. 

I guess that's fine because we play in temperate, sunny WNY.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.