December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

For me this is an absolute must win game which determines everything from Coaching, to players, and management.  Winning for this game is the only thing which matters.  It doesn't matter if it's a close game it'll be the deciding factor in whether or not we are an elite force in the AFC.  If not there's to many question marks and variables to really know what could've been.  My feeling is that it will determine whether or not we make the playoffs.  We lose this and we might as well just say next season, check the tapes, trust the process, and build back better with a middle of the road pick.

“The only must win was World War II” Marv Levy

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I was at that game, and my god it was bad.  I went with two pats fans from college (good guys!) and we had seats in the Mark Kuelsow club.  I was drunk and chanting "You don't know what you're doing" to Skeletor like a British soccer fan.

And that team roster...Derek Fine? Xavier Omon? Holy hell. What a mess.  That was a Drought team if there ever was one.

Buffalo actually ran it until they had to pass it. Once they went down by 2 scores, they threw it on 24 of their last 30 plays. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone else read some posts this week and start to think there are Bills fans who just started following this team last year? Bandwagon fans are brutal. 

Right?  Please, they are ridiculous!

...and for the record I've been a fan of John Allan since they drafted him in 2016.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

For me this is an absolute must win game which determines everything from Coaching, to players, and management.  Winning for this game is the only thing which matters.  It doesn't matter if it's a close game it'll be the deciding factor in whether or not we are an elite force in the AFC.  If not there's to many question marks and variables to really know what could've been.  My feeling is that it will determine whether or not we make the playoffs.  We lose this and we might as well just say next season, check the tapes, trust the process, and build back better with a middle of the road pick.

I agree if will "feel" like you said.  But the reality is the division and the ultimate goals for this team are not lost with a loss today.  That goes for the Pats also.

Lets say we lose today and the Bills lose next week to TB.  With 4 games to go they would be 2 games down in the AFC East.   But they have a game against NE, so they would obviously have to win that......basically they would most likely win out in that scenario because the other three games are home games against weak opponents.  And if the Pats lose 1 other game (Indy/at Miami, etc) the Bills could still take the division.   I get the psyche of the team/fans if they lose but it would not be the end of the season even though it would feel that way.

Having said all that, just win this damn game!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Question if the Bills win tonight. Right now NE is the #1 seed. If Buffalo wins tonight does that make them the #2 or #3 seed? The Titans would be ahead of the Bills obviously but are the Bills in front of the Ravens? I know they would be in front of the Chiefs.

It's 2 with a W, 7 with a L. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s on the covid list. Until/unless he comes off, he is officially “Out”

That’s my thought but still as of yesterday it’s reported like he could play. Seems by now they would report it as out or did not make the trip. 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone else read some posts this week and start to think there are Bills fans who just started following this team last year? Bandwagon fans are brutal. 

It's so unfortunate.  I get the insecurity that we all have, but geez louise.  The lowest point of the season for me was listening to the Colts game and hearing E-Wood mention how quiet the stadium was.....it was still first half!  The fanbase can't seem to take a punch this year.  I hope we can bring the juice tonight!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

The more I re-read your post and look at the percentages you posted the more insane the whole post is.   Thanks for giving me a chuckle this morning.

Bro,  I hope to be as drunk by game time as you already appear to be now🤣

I actually understood this post.

But, of course, I'm already drunk. Does that count?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu5-IvxoQtrEHQr1VyL7V

These are YOUR New England Patriots at about 11:30 tonight.

...nothing but a bunch of four legged bitc**s and posers.

Go Bills!

Happy to see that you started your pregaming early. That’s one heck of a post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My prediction for this game is based on the intensity/focus levels the bills will have

If the bills come out with the intensity and focus they had against the Chiefs, the bills win this game by 10+ points

If the bills have zero intensity and or let little mistakes rattle them I expect a game similar to the colts game

33 degrees with 42mph wind gusts and sustained wind around 25mph. Hopefully Josh is clicking on those short to intermediate routes tonight. We know what NE is gonna be doing, running the football with Harris and Stevenson. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Bills win in lopsided fashion I'm feeling good.

I like what you're saying.  I think we win this one easily.  If we don't win it easily, but win, I'll be ok with that.  If we lose, then I'll be disappointed.  If I thought we'd lose, and they do, I'd be disappointed too.  Never like to lose.  Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

I like what you're saying.  I think we win this one easily.  If we don't win it easily, but win, I'll be ok with that.  If we lose, then I'll be disappointed.  If I thought we'd lose, and they do, I'd be disappointed too.  Never like to lose.  Go Bills!!!

Thanks Jack Handy.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

How is Dugger not officially ruled out yet? 

FWIW: According to the Game day thread on the Pats board Dugger's backup on the practice squad was on the plane to Buffalo. No word in if Dugger was on...but even of he clears I wouldn't think he plays with zero practice or game prep this week. 

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

FWIW: According to the Game day thread on the Pats board Dugger's backup on the practice squad was on the plane to Buffalo. No word in if Dugger was on...but even of he clears I wouldn't think he plays with zero practice or game prep this week. 

As a followed rule, players who aren’t playing don’t travel with the team.. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

33 degrees with 42mph wind gusts and sustained wind around 25mph. Hopefully Josh is clicking on those short to intermediate routes tonight. We know what NE is gonna be doing, running the football with Harris and Stevenson. 

And throwing behind the line of scrimmage to bolden.  

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

When you say intermediate I hope you mean 10-12 yards. Anything beyond that will be blown away. 

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Dugger would not have been able to be on the plane. He would need to be flown in separately if he clears late (see Big Ben a couple weeks ago)

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

If we lose this one, for me that's the season, right there, we'll be a continual question mark on the what if we had drafted a running back for power game.  What if we had found a larger body in the trenches to stop the run?  It'll be the game which defines whether we are truthfully a force in the AFC or if we need to start answering question marks over staff, players, and mindset.  

And if the Bills win tonight?

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

This whole wind advisory thing is overblown. 

Oooohhhhhhhh, I crack myself up. 

One thing it's not is a lot of hot air amirite 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

My prediction for this game is based on the intensity/focus levels the bills will have

If the bills come out with the intensity and focus they had against the Chiefs, the bills win this game by 10+ points

If the bills have zero intensity and or let little mistakes rattle them I expect a game similar to the colts game

I agree with this take. The team's intensity and focus has wavered all year long, maybe the product of a soft schedule. I was glad to see the focus return in the Saints game; haven't really seen that since the matchup against the Chiefs, or maybe the Titans. If their head is in it, they're better than pretty much anyone, even without White and even with the weather. 

• Agree 1