Around the NFL This Sunday 11/28 (Bills mini-bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/upon-further-review-bills-can-look-ahead-to-patriots-but-what-afc-games-should-fans/article_a7a4486c-4ebd-11ec-8b5d-6fbad4341b59.html

Which games should we follow?

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay at Indianapolis

Tennessee at New England

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver

Cleveland at Baltimore

Do we want threads for any of these?

Your thoughts below

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/upon-further-review-bills-can-look-ahead-to-patriots-but-what-afc-games-should-fans/article_a7a4486c-4ebd-11ec-8b5d-6fbad4341b59.html

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Tennessee at New England

Cleveland at Baltimore

Your thoughts below

Titans - Pats

then

Cleve - Bal

For those wondering who to root for as far as the Titans/Patsies game goes this Gelber kid lies it out well...

These are odds based off the NYT for the 1 seed and the division...

I'll personally be pulling for Patriots injuries with a three to five month recovery time.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Cin 

TB 

Tenn 

Den 

Cle 

Herd, I like you’re wins and read the article.  I don’t see the Pitt./Cincy game as that important.  I don’t think either are going very far if at all in the playoffs.  The argument to want TN to win is logical to me.  I’d rather see another divisional loss moreso than a TN loss.  The Pats do look better at this point than TN.  

The only risk is TN gets the bye, and Henry comes back.  I’m still more concerned more with playing in Foxborough in January more than TN.  I’ve heard the argument about more TN fans in the playoffs than during the regular season.  I don’t buy it.  I was at that Jax playoff game and the entire upper deck was solid red, white, and royal blue.

Hap., to answer you’re question, I don’t see why not leave it like you started as one thread following the AFC playoff implications today.  That’s just my two cents.  Whatever the guys want.

It is so nice though having a day off from the Bills with a W, and just enjoy the games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I want NE to win because I want them overconfident when we play and I want the media riding  them all week,talking about their genius coach and Brady-like rookie QB. I'd like the Bills to have that disrespected feeling going into Monday night

If the Bills can't get up for a MNF nationally televised game at home with the division up for grabs in front of 73k fans then we mine as well resign Peterman and have him start the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If the Bills can't get up for a MNF nationally televised game at home with the division up for grabs in front of 73k fans then we mine as well resign Peterman and have him start the rest of the year.

To be honest it's more about the media. I know some people don't care what the media thinks, but I hate all the ball washing they do with the Pats. I want them to beat the Titans with ease so it's non-stop Pats love for the full week. Then I would love it if we beat them up in front of a national audience, with Josh playing a sublime game. 

• Like (+1) 1

My hot takes . . .

Tennessee at New England ... I'm good either way, but as winning the Division is priority #1, I'll root for Tenn (and our chances at #1 seed are slim to none)

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh .... Need to go with Cincinnati, with the loss to the Steelers we cannot get in a situation where they climb ahead of us

Tampa Bay at Indianapolis .... Cannot end the season in any kind of ties with Indy now, Go Bucs!

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver .... A Denver win keeps both of these below us record wise, keep it that way

Cleveland at Baltimore .... We'll probably be battling the Ravens for a 2 or 3 seeding, got to hope for a Cleveland win

I don't like my odds here, going with four road teams?

These are who I want to win, not who I really think will win. It would not surprise me to be wrong in all five.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Tennessee at New England

Cleveland at Baltimore

Your thoughts below

didn't see any Rooting Interest “stories“ on the web so, no I didn’t make one this week 

RE Putz the next four matchups will play a major role in determining the Patriots’ fate as they face the Titans, Bills, Colts and Bills again.

So let’s go Tenny 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/25/22802117/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-12

oh there it is @Hapless Bills Fan

Past Tenny 

Cleveland Browns (5-5) over Baltimore Ravens (7-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Indianapolis Colts (6-5)

Pittsburgh Steelers (5-4-1) over Cincinnati Bengals (6-4)
😂 😆 

We just need the AFC North to keep beating each other up so they all end up around .500

5 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I have a feeling that the cheats will roll the Titans. Double digits.

We get the Titans away with both Henry and A.J. Brown, the Pats* get them at home with neither, but if the Pats* win, the story will be they're superior to the Bills. 

I'm rooting for the Pats....at the end of the day the division will come down to our two games vs them. 

Keep the slim hopes for the 1 seed alive.

Plus it will keep the media drooling all over them and barking about how they've taken back the division from the bills blah blah blah all week leading up to the game. Will make it that much sweeter when we roll them. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

didn't see any Rooting Interest “stories“ on the web so, no I didn’t make one this week 

RE Putz the next four matchups will play a major role in determining the Patriots’ fate as they face the Titans, Bills, Colts and Bills again.

So let’s go Tenny 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/25/22802117/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-12

Tennessee Titans (8-3) over New England Patriots (7-4) but notes that if you think the Bills can handle the Pats you'd go the other way

Cleveland Browns (5-5) over Baltimore Ravens (7-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Indianapolis Colts (6-5)

Pittsburgh Steelers (5-4-1) over Cincinnati Bengals (6-4)

Denver Broncos (5-5) over Los Angeles Chargers (6-4)

Atlanta Falcons over Jacksonville Jaguars (2-8)

Miami Dolphins (4-7) over Carolina Panthers

(edit: just saw you found it but decided to leave this since the content differs a bit)

This article asserts that the Bills coaches will be rooting hard for the Patriots.  I don't think so.

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/white-s-injury-complicates-finish-for-bills/article_b58edb34-0799-5692-acfc-e00b6e7a3fc4.html

Here's the take published on One Bills Drive

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-bills-fans-need-to-know-about-the-2021-afc-playoff-race-week-12

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone has a different take on this but I’m going with New England. If the Bills can’t beat the Patriots, then what’s the point? So I want the teams ahead of us to lose. All of them! Right now, that’s the Titans. 

Point is that we most likely split with Patriots. If we do that, we can afford same number of other losses as them to win the division. So if we lose to Tampa, we need them to drop one. The sooner the better, so why not now against Titans.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Peterman was good at finding open defenders.  Yes, he would be our man!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I want NE to win because I want them overconfident when we play and I want the media riding  them all week,talking about their genius coach and Brady-like rookie QB. I'd like the Bills to have that disrespected feeling going into Monday night

I like your thinking.  Still, past history tells us that if there is one thing reliable in the NFL, it is the media  ball washing of NE and anyone connected to that organization.  We will see that ad nauseam no matter the outcome of their game with Tennessee today.  So give me the NE loss to push our own interests.  Let the washing begin (continue).

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

For those wondering who to root for as far as the Titans/Patsies game goes this Gelber kid lies it out well...

These are odds based off the NYT for the 1 seed and the division...

I'll personally be pulling for Patriots injuries with a three to five month recovery time.

Nope. Don't like Gelber's way of thinking. At all. Defeatist mentality. 

Rooting for the Pats today. With Henry, Julio and now Brown on IR they could very well free fall a bit. Not outside the possibliity they drop a few games between now and then. 1 seed is still in play.

We have 2 games head to head with New England. Handle division buisness then. Sweep those 2 games and beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets and even a loss to Tampa puts us in the mix for the 1 seed as long as the Titans drop today. They still have Pittsburgh and San Fran and being banged up gives those teams a shot at the win.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

I think rooting interest for Pats*-Titans is easy to figure out:

You root for the Pats* if you think we can still win the #1 see;

You root for Titans if you worry we’re at risk of not winning the division. 

But if we wanna win the division, we’ll need to beat the Pats anyway. If they beat the Titans, it just ups the stakes, but so what? We still need to beat them. 

And if you’re worried we can’t beat them and will need the Titans help to beat them on records, we have bigger problems to worry about.

So you root for the Pats to beat the Titans, root for the Bills to beat the Pats, and we later go on to win the division and the #1 seed all at once, plus we prove we can beat the Patriots on our own merits and DESERVE to be considered Super Bowl favorites. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

I think rooting interest for Pats*-Titans is easy to figure out:

You root for the Pats* if you think we can still win the #1 see;

You root for Titans if you worry we’re at risk of not winning the division. 

But if we wanna win the division, we’ll need to beat the Pats anyway. If they beat the Titans, it just ups the stakes, but so what? We still need to beat them. 

And if you’re worried we can’t beat them and will need the Titans help to beat them on records, we have bigger problems to worry about.

So you root for the Pats to beat the Titans, root for the Bills to beat the Pats, and we later go on to win the division and the #1 seed all at once, plus we prove we can beat the Patriots on our own merits and DESERVE to be considered Super Bowl favorites. 

There is an additional consideration that merits discussion.  The considerations go beyond just playoff berths and division titles, but should also consider playoff success.  My preference is for NE to be drummed right out of the postseason.  The most likely path to this is to sweep them and have them lose a couple more games.  A loss for them today is a nice step.  I would rather face Tennessee in January than tempt fates with Belichick for a 3rd time.  He is who he is.  And he is a gigantic A H*** who habitually has his teams primed for playoff runs with what appear to be less talented, but efficient teams.  I want them gone sooner than later.  That would be to Buffalo's benefit.  For today, Go Titans!

Really it comes down to rooting with your heart vs rooting with your head. Rooting for NE to lose today is just someone who can’t get over the past. New England winning today is the better outcome assuming you haven’t jumped off the cliff and realize Buffalo can beat New England both times they play them. The Titans are hurting and likely have a couple more losses in them-if the Bills can take care of what they need to take care of, then you want the Pats to win today. In my mind someone rooting for the Titans tells me you don’t think Buffalo can handle their business

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Really it comes down to rooting with your heart vs rooting with your head. Rooting for NE to lose today is just someone who can’t get over the past. New England winning today is the better outcome assuming you haven’t jumped off the cliff and realize Buffalo can beat New England both times they play them. The Titans are hurting and likely have a couple more losses in them-if the Bills can take care of what they need to take care of, then you want the Pats to win today. In my mind someone rooting for the Titans tells me you don’t think Buffalo can handle their business

Do you not think that a split with NE is a very plausible outcome?  Also, the past is Buffalo winning the AFC East in 2020.  Are we not willing to objectively be over that past and recognize that we were sitting in 2nd place just a few days ago and could be there once again in just a few hours?  First things first...

Edited by cwater10

First things first, you want the division. You want as many home playoff games as possible but you are almost definitely getting 0 if you don’t win the division. The Patriots have the same amount of losses as you and you have at least 3 difficult games left…..you want the Pats to get that 5th loss now so you could maybe even potentially bury them Monday. That’s it. I don’t care what Jeremy White’s silly Pct points say. There are way to many variables that I can never take it seriously. Get the Pats behind you period. You probably can’t realistically catch the Titans but if you do, it’s almost absolutely going to require winning out. If you go 13-4 and run off the last 7, you are either going to be the 1 or the 2. You also would probably have no fear of going to Ten in the AFC championship game. You took their best shot WITH Henry and was a slip away from beating them. You do not want to go behind NE, then somehow lose to them. And be chasing the chance at even 1 home playoff game. You want the Pats to lose today. Period. First things first, secure the Division.

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Belichick is not losing to Vrabel. Our whole season will come down to our games with NE.

Why would you think that? He already lost to him in the playoffs WITH Brady? At home lol I think the Titans are going to win this game actually.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.