Around the NFL This Sunday 11/28 (Bills mini-bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Would you accept Tampa with a couple of defensive scores to overcome Brady's continuing deterioration?  

No.

I want a Brady free Super Bowl, so anything that makes their road harder is what I want. No #1 seed for Tampa.

The Bills will control their own destiny. If the Titans are #1 seed they'll be one and done anyway. They did just lose to the Texans at home. 

There is no deterioration. Brady will probably throw for 400 yards and 5 TD today. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Who do we want to win the Tenn. vs. NE game?

I'm thinking it would be best for both teams to lose, if that's possible.

How about a tie?  That's like a half game loss for both teams.

I think it's one where we win either way.

AFC playoff race is going to be insane. #7 seed could be 11-6 and a legitimate threat to go all the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Nope. Don't like Gelber's way of thinking. At all. Defeatist mentality. 

Rooting for the Pats today. With Henry, Julio and now Brown on IR they could very well free fall a bit. Not outside the possibliity they drop a few games between now and then. 1 seed is still in play.

We have 2 games head to head with New England. Handle division buisness then. Sweep those 2 games and beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets and even a loss to Tampa puts us in the mix for the 1 seed as long as the Titans drop today. They still have Pittsburgh and San Fran and being banged up gives those teams a shot at the win.

I think forgetting about No. 1 and focusing 100% on division title is the way to go.

I'm cheering for Titans today, but if key players on both sides go down, no complaints.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think forgetting about No. 1 and focusing 100% on division title is the way to go.

I'm cheering for Titans today, but if key players on both sides go down, no complaints.

Why should we as fans forget about the 1 seed? Why are so many convinced that the players only focus is the 1 seed? The players and coaches constantly preach playing 1 game at a time and going 1-0 every week. Of course you need to win the division first, but that’s something the Bills can control, which is why a Pats win today is the better outcome. Brings the Titans back to everyone else, and if the Bills take care of the Pats then that puts both the division and the 1 seed in play

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Wtf? The Colts just annihilated us. Sorry, don’t want them in the playoffs at all. Keep stacking L’s for them until they play the Patriots. 

horrible take. 

Sorry, I'm not participating in the Brady worship. In the end, he's going to win anyways. But I'm not going to say "golly, now old Tommy is so likeable"

No he isn't. He must lose, every week. 

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Pisses me off the Pats get the Titans when the Titans offense is completely depleted. 

It's a thing for Pats fans.  They have had more than a few games w/ this kind of benefit.

At least they realize it (except the few who post here, of course).

24 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sorry, I'm not participating in the Brady worship. In the end, he's going to win anyways.

So if I am following (and I'm not sure that I am), you've renounced worship in favor of fatalism?  And for some extra kick, you are plucking a "Look at the charming old Brady guy win" vibe going around here?  I'm pretty confused at what you are saying, to whom and why.  No big deal, I get confused a lot and even like it sometimes... makes for some awesome surprises...

Don't get me wrong.  I detest Brady as much as the next guy.  I mean "think less of friends with children who live in Boston and like it" level of scorn.  No its not rational, so maybe we can find some common ground on this.  But I still default to not cutting off my nose to spite my face.  And today, a Bucs win is what benefits the Bills.  We don't know where this season goes from here.  The Colts are 1 loss behind us with head to head tie breaker and a demonstrated look of kryptonite against us.  Rooting against Brady is some great catnip.  But I've gotta resist today.

Edited by cwater10

6 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

So if I am following (and I'm not sure that I am), you've renounced worship in favor of fatalism?  And for some extra kick, you are plucking a "Look at the charming old Brady guy win" vibe going around here?  I'm pretty confused at what you are saying, to whom and why.  No big deal, I get confused a lot and even like it sometimes... makes for some awesome surprises...

Don't get me wrong.  I detest Brady as much as the next guy.  I mean "think less of friends with children who live in Boston and like it" level of scorn.  No its not rational, so I maybe we can find some common ground on this.  But I still default to not cutting off my nose to spite my face.  And today, a Bucs win is what benefits the Bills.  We don't know where this season goes from here.  The Colts are 1 loss behind us with head to head tie breaker and a demonstrated look of kryptonite against us.  Rooting against Brady is some great catnip.  But I've gotta resist today.

When it comes to Brady there is no logic or rational part of it for me.

It's just Brady needs to lose. 

The fatalistic part? Well, that's because somehow this guy, of all guys, is still playing at age 44 and playing better than ever. 

If it were Manning, Favre, or Brees,  it would be fun. But no, it has to be this SOB! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If we feel we can, at least, split with the Pats, then rooting for the Pats makes sense.. no?

Both Bills and Pats have easy games, two against each other and one tough game - Bills/Bucs, Pats/Colts.  

Worst case scenario where we beat who we should, lose to Bucs, and split Pats.. as long as the Pats lose one more game, we win the Division.  

At best, Titans lose, we rattle off some wins and are right back in the mix for the 1 seed. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I thought so too but you see it all the time now

I get if someone pushes the pile you cant directly tell he helped the runner. But that was obvious. It was just Cam and his teammate. 

Found it in the rule book. Helping the runner is still a penalty. Definitely should have been a penalty on Carolina

OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS
Article 4: Other Prohibited Acts. No offensive player may:
(a). Lift a runner to his feet or pull him in any direction at any time; 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.