Bills sign UB product OL Evin ksiezarcyk to PS

YoloinOhio

I grew up in West Seneca and have never had any trouble at all pronouncing interesting names with an eastern European origin.  I can't wait until this guy shows up on a national broadcast, and we have to listen to some former QB struggling with saying his name.  It would be worth the Bills getting called for holding just to see this happen once.

Anyone know how to pronounce that last name…

or is he now E Kay for the foreseeable future…

4 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That last name just screams "having a couple bottles of Simon Pure at the corner bar after getting off the graveyard shift at Broadway Forge Company"

I used to play for a club where the first team was the Simon Pures in the Buffalo Soccer club. We got hand me down jerseys. Played in the Buffalo city league, the W NY league and the Frontier league.  Drank the beer too.

Like this guy. We need more Italian names like his on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

ka-czar-check

Thank you, 👍

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

I had ka-zar-chick. Well done sir 

being 100 polish.. acceptable pronunciations..(really has to do with the last part-syllable of last name) include:

ka-zar- CHECK or SICK or ZACK..depends on how he or the family want it pronounced...Tony Dorsett upon graduating from Pitt changed it Anthony Door-Set then over time back to good old Tony Dorsett...

so lets see if our boy gets a futures contract come the start of next season with an invite to camp...

if so he will be known as the Kielbasa Kid...we hope he does not get smoked...or cut...

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It fits …. He looks like a very big boy.

What’s his stats, 6’5” 320lbs ?

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bobby Hart was actually playing yesterday for the Titans, I couldn’t believe it 

And he didnt look like a major Tire Fire.

Not a UB fan.  Anyone wanna tell me how he is?

Evin Ksiezarczyk, OT, 6-5 305

Career Snapshot: Three-year starter at left tackle who earned First Team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2019. Named Second Team All-MAC in 2018.

Positives: King-sized college left tackle who projects to the right side or guard at the next level. Works to bend his knees, gets his hands into defenders and controls opponents at the point of attack. Powerful, anchors in pass protection and stays square to keep defenders in front of him. Explosive at the point and large enough to engulf opponents.

Negatives: Lumbers around the field. Heavy-footed. Cannot slide off the edge and lacks lateral range as a blocker. Struggles to adjust and redirect on the move.

Analysis: Ksiezarczyk is a big, strong tackle who is best in a small area. He possesses next-level size and could make a practice squad as a right tackle, but he must polish his game.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mac-scouting-reports-2020-nfl-draft/4/

His RAS = 8.07 (that is not a bad RAS number)

https://ras.football/2020/03/12/evin-ksiezarczyk-ras/

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That last name just screams "having a couple bottles of Simon Pure at the corner bar after getting off the graveyard shift at Broadway Forge Company"

He's western NY through and through!

6 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

being 100 polish.. acceptable pronunciations..(really has to do with the last part-syllable of last name) include:

ka-zar- CHECK or SICK or ZACK..depends on how he or the family want it pronounced...Tony Dorsett upon graduating from Pitt changed it Anthony Door-Set then over time back to good old Tony Dorsett...

so lets see if our boy gets a futures contract come the start of next season with an invite to camp...

if so he will be known as the Kielbasa Kid...we hope he does not get smoked...or cut...

At UB they pronounced it the Zack way

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I used to play for a club where the first team was the Simon Pures in the Buffalo Soccer club. We got hand me down jerseys. Played in the Buffalo city league, the W NY league and the Frontier league.  Drank the beer too.

Pretty sure it's polish through and through

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, Plano said:

Actually Tannehill going down would be great for Tennessee, he's terrible. 

Seriously? Have you paid any attention the past couple years? Tannehill  isn't an A/top 5 QB, but he's a solid B in the system they run. 

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Obviously a paisano.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.