Titans loss best thing for Seeding

Kingston Bills Fan

27 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

damn .... hate it when those intensive purposes pop up again.......:))

oh wait, sounds like you meant "for all intents and purposes"

No, what you are saying is what’s known as a malapoop. I had the phrase correct. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I totally agree with you about NE not being a walk in the park. There are way too many posters on here thinking we are just going to to walk to a 14-3 record and trying to figure out tie breaker scenarios in friggin week 6. There are 11 more games to play and our Bills are just as likely to lay an egg against an inferior team as the Titans are. It’s any given Sunday and I’m kind of shocked at the hubris displayed. I fully expect us to make the playoffs but trying to predict where we are going to end up based on our schedule and say the Titans schedule is ridiculous. Gotta play the games, 1 game at a time.

I disagree that they are "just as likely" to lay an egg as the Titans.    The Titans style of play,  their personnel and the history of their HC and QB make them more likely to lose games they have no business losing,  IMO.   They've already showed that against the Jets.   They are a winning organization overall,  but they are also characterized by that same inconsistency that they exhibited versus NYJ.    The longer the season, the more likely that is to hurt them.

The Bills could be in two close dogfights with New England and could end up losing others but I highly doubt they get beaten by a Jets or Jaguars or Dolphins type team.   

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not worried about the Titans. They are going to have at least 3 more losses.

Have you seen their remaining schedule?

The Titans have to have the easiest remaining schedule in the league... Aside from an NFC team in the Rams, who are their losses coming from? I get they lost by 3 points to the Jets, but can we really rely on the Jags, Texans, or Colts to knock them off? What about the Dolphins or Saints? Maybe the Pats continue to improve & take them down, but that sucks too lol

26 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Have you seen their remaining schedule?

The Titans have to have the easiest remaining schedule in the league... Aside from an NFC team in the Rams, who are their losses coming from? I get they lost by 3 points to the Jets, but can we really rely on the Jags, Texans, or Colts to knock them off? What about the Dolphins or Saints? Maybe the Pats continue to improve & take them down, but that sucks too lol

They don't. The Bills do.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They don't. The Bills do.

No, the Bills have "one of," not THE easiest. 

Titans have the easiest - http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

Edit: Also, that wasn't even the point of the post you replied to. The poster I responded to said the Titans will lose "at least 3 more games." They have the tie-breaker against us, and have an easier remaining schedule. Assuming they will face "at least" 3 more losses is silly.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I disagree that they are "just as likely" to lay an egg as the Titans.    The Titans style of play,  their personnel and the history of their HC and QB make them more likely to lose games they have no business losing,  IMO.   They've already showed that against the Jets.   They are a winning organization overall,  but they are also characterized by that same inconsistency that they exhibited versus NYJ.    The longer the season, the more likely that is to hurt them.

The Bills could be in two close dogfights with New England and could end up losing others but I highly doubt they get beaten by a Jets or Jaguars or Dolphins type team.   

The Titans were with out both starting WR , and a few on defense and any team can lose any given Sunday. I don’t like the Titans at all my self but to act like there not playing good,or they can lose to a lesser team and the bills can’t is ridiculous!!! 

49 minutes ago, 97bills said:

The Titans were with out both starting WR , and a few on defense and any team can lose any given Sunday. I don’t like the Titans at all my self but to act like there not playing good,or they can lose to a lesser team and the bills can’t is ridiculous!!! 

It's not about whether the Titans "can" lose to a much lesser team.........it's knowing that they already have and probably will again.   

Titans look good ATM with everyone healthy. However, they are not insulated against skill position injury. An injury to Henry, Brown, or Jones and that offense comes back down to earth rather quickly. The first part of their season showed this. Factor in Jones’ injury history, and it’s unlikely that they stay at the level they’re currently at for the entirety of the season. We’ll see how it plays out over the next few months. 

I would never not want to be the 1 seed but this was pretty logical I thought as a silver lining.  The dbs have to try to run in the snow too though so snow is beneficial to a pass offense if you get to practice in it 

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Not sure about that with Henry and two very good receivers they are dangerous.

The titans really aren’t built for late season success…they ride Derrick Henry way too hard during the regular season to stay competitive.  There’s a good reason why you don’t see any other teams around the league with the one feature back setup 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I would never not want to be the 1 seed but this was pretty logical I thought as a silver lining.  The dbs have to try to run in the snow too though so snow is beneficial to a pass offense if you get to practice in it 

The titans really aren’t built for late season success…they ride Derrick Henry way too hard during the regular season to stay competitive.  There’s a good reason why you don’t see any other teams around the league with the one feature back setup 

While I agree with you to a point.  Henry did well in the playoffs a couple years ago.  The guy is a unicorn.  The team can be a hard out, they play hard.

Edited by mattynh

On 10/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Would you really want to play the Titans at home in the snow or bad weather where running is only thing you can do, and passing is nullified? Or have to go play them in Tennessee where Josh can be Josh? I would rather play them in Tennessee at that time of year 10 times out of 10!

No no no….you always want to play at home. 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:58 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know but your team is built with a high octane passing game sunny weather usually helps and not a blizzard since we don’t have a running game 

We've got a running game. 

Singletary's running up 5.2 YPG and Moss 3.9, which includes a lot of third-and-one type carries. That's not even including Allen.

Give me home field, thanks.

How is losing a game a good thing??

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, TBBills said:

Not worried about the Titans, Henry had one good game against them. He won't be the same in the playoff at Bills stadium... If they get that far.

Remember what happened two years ago when Henry ran to the AFCCG.  He ran out of gas.  They ran him to death and it showed when the Chiefs beat them.

• Agree 1

Would you really want to play the Titans at home in the snow or bad weather where running is only thing you can do, and passing is nullified? Or have to go play them in Tennessee where Josh can be Josh? I would rather play them in Tennessee at that time of year 10 times out of 10!

Give me the Buffalo crowd. I don't think we win in Tennessee 

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s a positive if we lose a game to an NFC team for sure.  That win against WTF week 3 is going to screw us over, I just know it.

Nah, losing games is never a good thing, if it was, competitive teams would throw games frequently, and  that really doesn’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

you already know what the weather is gonna be for a home playoff game in January? 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First of all...has anyone looked at our schedule?  We may not lose another game, only tough game is Bucs.  And we can beat them.  

We will be the number 1 seed in the AFC, you can book that.

Colts are trending upward as well, that will be a close game.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, TBBills said:

Not worried about the Titans, Henry had one good game against them. He won't be the same in the playoff at Bills stadium... If they get that far.

LOL.  Right.  They beat the piss out of us two years ago.  And this year, once their offense got going after the first couple of drives, we had no answer for them.  Period.  

Yeah, what's there to worry about?

Edited by Lv-Bills

I was at the Music City Miracle. It was between 40 and 45 at game time, "good football weather".  The stadium is right by the river, so at that temperature, it's damp and chilly. Josh, Zach, Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders have all played in cold weather, but Henry assuming he's healthy could be a problem for the defense on a really cold day.

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I worry about not having a passing attack in crappy weather games but make them come through buffalo

I will always say all those playoff games in Buffalo in late December and/or January were a BIG part of why the Bills went to 4 Super Bowls in a row.

It's a huge advantage IMO.

On 10/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, delirious said:

10D chess.  You just gotta connect the dots

lines dots GIF by Joanie Lemercier

Wait are you trying to tell stuff about the new stadium #DunkirkDonLives

On 10/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Actually aren’t they 2 for 2 against us lately?

If memory serves I think Josh is 1-2.

yep. The great irony of this is the game Josh beat them he was not good. Last year he was ok/decent, this year he was great and they loss. Football makes no sense at times

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Colts are trending upward as well, that will be a close game.

I dont think they are that good to be honest.  I think we will beat them by double digits and fairly easy.  

I mean they got a ton of yards off PI penalties last game.  They struggled to beat a bad Niners team missing 2 of their best players on offense.  

They are one of those pretender teams to me, they will beat mediocre teams but struggle against the real SB contenders.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.