Zach Ertz Traded

Dablitzkrieg

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

They might as well, even though they are in first place, the NFC West is a tough division.

They also are on Murray's rookie deal for another couple of seasons so you really should try to take advantage of that. Ertz is a nice piece for the Cardinals to replace Maxx Williams who is out for the season. Williams didn't have eye popping numbers (16 catches 193 yards and a TD) but he was in a crowded passing attack still having an impact. Ertz should fit nicely in replacing that. It also comes at a fairly low cost. They gave up their 6th round pick from 2021 a corner and a 2022 5th round pick. Not really all that much for a quality player who fits in to replace an injured TE.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billyboy said:

Brandon is the worst GM in the NFL when it comes to trades.  He either gets robbed blind or he can't make the trade.  He couldn't even sign JJ Watt which wasn't even a trade, he could have had him without giving up bo diddly. 

0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

Brandon is the worst GM in the NFL when it comes to trades.  He either gets robbed blind or he can't make the trade.  He couldn't even sign JJ Watt which wasn't even a trade, he could have had him without giving up bo diddly. 

You are a troll and a bad one at that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Watch out what you wish for.  The Cardinals GM has added a bunch of super stars since that hail Mary game.  Jordon Phillips, JJ Watt, and Ertz to name a few.  Brandon has not.  Just one, (Emmanuel Sanders).  They surprised you with the Hail Mary don't be surprised if they surprise you AGAIN!

Yeah Beane only traded for Diggs, and resigned several highly valued super stars to team friendly deals and prevent them from leaving to teams like the cardinals.

I mean come on. How out of touch can you be?

Ahhhh, the Ertz Saga finally comes to an end.  Being a full participant in that movement (interpret that word any way you want to), I am glad it's over.  Mostly because I've been so pleasantly surprised by Knox this season.  He's turned into that reasonably legit weapon that I thought (like many others) that Ertz could've filled.

Now I can go back to scrubbing all that Ertz off me....  😉

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Been saying this since last season, but the comparison between Knox and Ertz is a joke. Ertz basically just runs out over the middle and catches balls as a steady TE. Knox’s athleticism is in another tier. 

Agree but Ertz as a compliment to Knox would have been very difficult to defend.  I would have rather had Ertz than Gilliam or Kumerow

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Be careful your downrigger doesn't tangle your trolling lines!

image.png.2cfb995dd641bcecba960883bb96a4f1.png

the 2BD Ertz dialogue is like a bug smushed into my windshied. I just barely caught it happen and now I get to witness the carnage LOL

zach who? oh yeah FRITZ I went to HS with that guy...

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They are.   I don't think they get passed TB!

Right now Tampa Bay is the top dog. They have the talent and have proven that they can win it all. But it's a long way to the end of the year. Things may shift in Arizona's or even Dallas's favor before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if it was in fact Beane that nixed the trade in the first place. If Knox didn't develop the Ertz trade would be a fall back. Since Knox has looked so good he told Roseman he was moving on and Roseman took the next best offer. That's my totally speculative theory.

Interesting move, guess Philly is waving the white flag already but they aren't going anywhere this season anyway with that defense and QB that probably is just a placeholder for a real franchise QB next year.

As for the Cardinals, they are definitely going all in this year and Ertz will probably be more productive there with a better QB to get him the ball.

Ertz has to be delighted to be going to a team with a legit NFL QB.  Hurts might turn into a good player but he was pretty bad last night.  Murray has an outside shot at MVP.  

Of the two teams last night, it was the Bucs who need a CB more badly, but the refs bailed them out.  There's a DB on the Bucs, last name Dean, who mugged the Eagles WRs over and over, with no DPI or DH calls.  As long as Brady is in the game, the questionable -- hell, the rotten -- calls will keep coming.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder if it was in fact Beane that nixed the trade in the first place. If Knox didn't develop the Ertz trade would be a fall back. Since Knox has looked so good he told Roseman he was moving on and Roseman took the next best offer. That's my totally speculative theory.

Very reasonable theory.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

They also are on Murray's rookie deal for another couple of seasons so you really should try to take advantage of that. Ertz is a nice piece for the Cardinals to replace Maxx Williams who is out for the season. Williams didn't have eye popping numbers (16 catches 193 yards and a TD) but he was in a crowded passing attack still having an impact. Ertz should fit nicely in replacing that. It also comes at a fairly low cost. They gave up their 6th round pick from 2021 a corner and a 2022 5th round pick. Not really all that much for a quality player who fits in to replace an injured TE.

The Cardinals didn't give up much in terms of draft picks or players, but what are they giving up in terms of salary cap space?  Ertz is a long-term veteran with a solid career -- he's got to be earning a lot more than Knox, who's still on his rookie contract.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree but Ertz as a compliment to Knox would have been very difficult to defend.  I would have rather had Ertz than Gilliam or Kumerow

But then do you put them both on the field? I would rather have 3 WR’s out there than Ertz or Knox as basically a second TE.  It already stinks that Gabe Davis isn’t seeing the field more. We have too many weapons! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Now THIS is a troll.

Literally none of those players are superstars. Some never were; the others are old and no longer very good.

DeAndre Hopkins isn't a super star??????  You need to go back to following Bingo, football is beyond your expertise.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But then do you put them both on the field? I would rather have 3 WR’s out there than Ertz or Knox as basically a second TE.  It already stinks that Gabe Davis isn’t seeing the field more. We have too many weapons! 

You can't have too many weapons the Bills staff just didn't know how to use them all.

Not scared of Murray. Not scared of Watt. Not scared of Kingsbury. Not scared of the Cardinals in general. Last year was last year and it was a fluke L. They won't make the NFC Championship, more or less the SB. 

46 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Ertz has to be delighted to be going to a team with a legit NFL QB.  Hurts might turn into a good player but he was pretty bad last night. 

Hurts might be a better player than he showed last night, if he had either an OL in front of him, or an OC who designed a short completion passing game to compensate for the week OL

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Thank. God. It's. Over. 

It’s never over…, 

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No that's not the case.  The bean picker didn't nix the trade.   I wish he would have nixed the Wyatt Teller trade.  The BEST guard in the NFL for a useless draft choice.   What makes it worse is the Bills don't have an NFL caliber guard on their roster.  Bill biggest need is a GUARD! Then a corner.  Why doesn't the bean bag make himself useful and try to trade for Gilmore.  He traded for all of the scrap Carolina wanted to get rid of why doesn't he try to get a good player from them.  They owe him. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Billyboy said:

No that's not the case.  The bean picker didn't nix the trade.   I wish he would have nixed the Wyatt Teller trade.  The BEST guard in the NFL for a useless draft choice.   What makes it worse is the Bills don't have an NFL caliber guard on their roster.  Bill biggest need is a GUARD! Then a corner.  Why doesn't the bean bag make himself useful and try to trade for Gilmore.  He traded for all of the scrap Carolina wanted to get rid of why doesn't he try to get a good player from them.  They owe him. 

You are actually suggesting that the Bills bring back Gilmore? After all the bridges he burnt when he left town the first time?

You really are a misguided, mapless soul

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

You are actually suggesting that the Bills bring back Gilmore? After all the bridges he burnt when he left town the first time?

You really are a misguided, mapless soul

He's not suggesting anything he's a troll, he's saying the most ridiculous things he can to get a reaction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

is Ertz still good?  not a flame,  im never really interested in getting older "names" who dont seem to do much anymore,  but wanna get paid like they are.   if he was missused in Philly and can still ball,  good for the Cards i guess.   i dont mind Knox,  hes playing well.

Edited by bigduke6

3 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Watch out what you wish for.  The Cardinals GM has added a bunch of super stars since that hail Mary game.  Jordon Phillips, JJ Watt, and Ertz to name a few.  Brandon has not.  Just one, (Emmanuel Sanders).  They surprised you with the Hail Mary don't be surprised if they surprise you AGAIN!

JJ Watt stats this year so far: 10 tackles 2 assisted tackles 0 sacks

Gregory Rousseau stats this year so far: 18 tackles 3 assisted tackles 3 sacks 1 interception.

Jordan Phillips has yet to play a game but  only had 10 tackles and 2 sacks last year. 

For comparison, Boogie Basham has 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games this year. 

Yeah, right they added superstars and we didn’t 🙄.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

JJ Watt stats this year so far: 10 tackles 2 assisted tackles 0 sacks

Gregory Rousseau stats this year so far: 18 tackles 3 assisted tackles 3 sacks 1 interception.

Jordan Phillips has yet to play a game but  only had 10 tackles and 2 sacks last year. 

For comparison, Boogie Basham has 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games this year. 

Yeah, right they added superstars and we didn’t 🙄.

Ooooh! Now do how much each of them makes!! 😄

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billyboy said:

I can accept people making silly troll comments for attention…

But taking the name of the great Bo Didley in vain?! That, good sir….that I cannot abide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2