9/19/21 Week 2 Gameday Thread Bills @ Dolphins 1st Half

Chandler#81

with a competent offense it should be 28-0 right now,  same thing as last week,  defense showed up,  offense let the other team hang around.    this lead means nothing 2 me right now at halftime,  zero faith in this offense or QB to hold a lead in the 2nd half.   the defense can only do so much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

It's just bizarre because all training camp we heard how sharp Allen looked. And now he is just all over the place with his mechanics.

I think he's all over the place because he has no idea where he wants to go with the ball. His reads are not clean right now. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Despite having 2 tds this week through the half, I think it is both. The OL is below average, but Allen looks off.  

Is it that he is aware the OL is so bad he is getting a bit nervous back there and that is leading to bad throws/decisions. It looks like it to the casual eye.

Aside from the dumb recent penalties, I think when you see the film breakdown or rewatch the game that the O-line has done their job pretty well. Allen is doing what he did in 2018-2019 where he almost never is ready to release the ball after his drop back.

He's not seeing the field or making decisions quick enough, and then starts feeling pressure before it gets there & ends up actually moving INTO the pressure quicker.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Think the money and props have gotten to his head…

No

I know we're used to him owning Miami....but that D is also good and probably has some pride to not let it happen again while they're fully healthy in the secondary.  

No concerns at all.  You shouldn't have any either.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1