Bills on Thanksgiving again!

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was targeting this game but on Thanksgiving will be a no-go with the wife.  Odd she puts a family dinner over the Bills🤔.

I just told my wife about this, and her reply was, "hmmm.... interesting". So it's not a flat out no. There is hope for me yet! (Shush @Hapless Bills Fan)

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I just told my wife about this, and her reply was, "hmmm.... interesting". So it's not a flat out no. There is hope for me yet! (Shush @Hapless Bills Fan)

My wife actually brought up the idea of “taking a break” from hosting thanksgiving at our place, ditching the kid with the grandparents and us two going down for the game. 🤯

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Purplebulldog said:

For those anticipating going. I live down this way

1) Tix will be tough unlike Nashville so expect to pay a lot . I would book the hotels now. I just booked 10 rooms at the Nopsi 4 star for $200.00 5 minutes ago

2) Alternative fairly close airports, which would then include a car rental are Mobile Alabama, Pensacola Florida about 3 hours away. Birmingham , Alabama is 4.5 hours away

3) Also  the weekend of the Bayou Classic, Grambling vs Southern which is a very BIG game, so hotels will go very very fast

thanks

I just booked this hotel based upon this post. You better be right or else I’m giving you a big ass thumbs down.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I just booked this hotel based upon this post. You better be right or else I’m giving you a big ass thumbs down.

Thumbs down?!  As site owner, you could preside at electronic execution. 😁

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So now the NFL favors the Bills over the Pats?  I thought Goodell and Kraft were buds and collude against the Bills?

Josh eating the turkey drumstick won the hearts and minds of Mr. & Mrs. America. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
The bird. Not the nation! 😠
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Well that was a nice idea, but wifey just put the "no" on this. Can't blame her reasoning. For Thanksgiving 2018 and 2019, she was unable to eat any Thanksgiving dinner due to cancer treatments. Last year, Covid and no family. So she's looking forward to this Thanksgiving with family and able to to eat the turkey and homemade stuffing. Maybe she'll let me buy like an 85" TV for post-meal football. 

33 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd place a call to Customer Service @ 800-433-7300 and file a firm, but polite complaint.

I made multiple complaints at time and their answer was "It was detailed on credit letter that credit is from date of purchase" except I never received such letter.

All of the other airlines refunded money not gave credit. 

At time I did search and there were a number other customers had issues with credit including credit not available when they attempted to book or could not be used on certain fare classes.

It is old wound (2005) but hurts every time New Orleans is mentioned since I had done two business trips prior there at full price.

• Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So now the NFL favors the Bills over the Pats?  I thought Goodell and Kraft were buds and collude against the Bills?

Only because Brady is gone and also Bills and Allen especially, when on prime time games, the ratings were really good.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I might try to go to this game.

10 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

The real question is, will this game beat the ratings from Bills/Dallas Thanksgiving Day Game

With Brees gone, maybe not.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Wait. Bills aren't coming off their short week to play the Patriots??

giphy.gif

Someone tell me how im supposed to feel right  now

Maybe it's all about Brady and not Bill?

21 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Only because Brady is gone and also Bills and Allen especially, when on prime time games, the ratings were really good.

What about Kraft and Goodell?

The night game on Thanks giving kind of sucks............

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Well that was a nice idea, but wifey just put the "no" on this. Can't blame her reasoning. For Thanksgiving 2018 and 2019, she was unable to eat any Thanksgiving dinner due to cancer treatments. Last year, Covid and no family. So she's looking forward to this Thanksgiving with family and able to to eat the turkey and homemade stuffing. Maybe she'll let me buy like an 85" TV for post-meal football. 

A dose of perspective. 👍

She made the right call. You can watch it with her by your side. 

Thanksgiving indeed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

For those interested, the Sheraton on Canal Street has rooms for $134. Comes to $158 with tax for Thanksgiving night. Decent hotel, great location, good bar.

I did Nopsi like another poster. 

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was targeting this game but on Thanksgiving will be a no-go with the wife.  Odd she puts a family dinner over the Bills🤔.

Did you find a divorce attorney yet? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Luckily, I'm the one who cares about holidays more. My wife doesn't care about them all that much. So, she will have no problem with us dropping the kids off at her parents' and heading to a Bills game with me.

Edited by MJS

27 minutes ago, mattynh said:

What about Kraft and Goodell?

The night game on Thanks giving kind of sucks............

Yeah but I mean Brady was there of course. Don't think they had many this past year. That I can think of. Not as much anyways...

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Luckily, I'm the one who cares about holidays more. My wife doesn't care about them all that much. So, she will have no problem with us dropping the kids off at her parents' and heading to a Bills game with me.

Holidays?

michael caine christmas GIF by Sky

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that watching Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, JP Losman, Thad Lewis, Brian Brohm, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, Jeff Tuel, Nathan Peterman, Kelly Holcomb and Derek Anderson leading our offense wasn't entertaining to watch?

"Sir, you didn't mention me.......I feel left out."

--Billy Jo Hobert

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ugh. I had this game marked as the ONE place i really wanted to go this year for my annual away trip. Thanksgiving makes it not likely..... looks like i'll be looking towards Nashville. The wife has been there and she said its amazing.

Nashville is just Buffalo South when there's a game. It's chaos.

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That sucks.  I wanted to go to NO but no way the family will let me miss Thanksgiving 

Eh, just celebrate it a week early. Say you have a “business trip” or something. 

for Buffalo fans, this is a full time job and we take it VERY seriously 🤣

For nearly twenty years I've made the entire Thanksgiving dinner for a family gathering of around 20 people, but when the Bills were in Dallas they knew they were on their own.  My wife and I went to the game and had a full thanksgiving meal at a restaurant not to far from Cowboys Stadium.  We had a blast!   We'll definitely do it again.  Cajon Turkey.....sounds wonderful! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love Thanksgiving.

I love Bills games.

I do not love having Bills games on Thanksgiving day.

A Bills loss often makes me a grumpy Gus, and spending the whole day around my family has the potential to do the same. It's just...it's not a good combination for me.

george costanza seinfeld GIF

On 5/12/2021 at 11:10 AM, billsfanmiamioh said:

My wife actually brought up the idea of “taking a break” from hosting thanksgiving at our place, ditching the kid with the grandparents and us two going down for the game. 🤯

Does she have any sisters 

Nice

On 5/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, Draconator said:

Congrats on her recovery from cancer

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Works out well for me.  Before we got married my wife and I spent a weekend in NO.  My wife always wanted to go back.  She also isnt fan Thankgiving.  Dropping my boys with their Grandparents and having a mini vacation and watch the Bills.