Bills on Thanksgiving again!

Don't like Thursday games, but it's the same time zone and not a cross country flight.  Saints look like a team ready to implode and go full rebuild.  Winston is the wild card.  He threw for a ton of yards and TDs so there is more talent there than this board gives him credit. Of course the turnovers are a major issue.  If he cuts those in half it would still be a lot but he would be a solid starting QB.  

I've been to NO several times but never for a sporting event.  I've always wanted to go to an LSU football game so maybe it will work out to go to both.  LSU plays at home on the Sat after Thanksgiving against Texas A and M!

8 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Me too.  With family in Louisiana it makes it an easier sell.

It's about a 10 hour drive for me I think.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nice. I absolutely loved the Thanksgiving game. We will be the late one this time though... early hours of the morning over here.... so must not over indulge!

Quit your complaining.  There's people in this world who never get to see the Bills play.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's about a 10 hour drive for me I think.

Quit your complaining.  There's people in this world who never get to see the Bills play.

For many, many years they were the lucky ones....

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, GunnerBill said:

For many, many years they were the lucky ones....

Are you seriously trying to tell me that watching Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, JP Losman, Thad Lewis, Brian Brohm, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, Jeff Tuel, Nathan Peterman, Kelly Holcomb and Derek Anderson leading our offense wasn't entertaining to watch?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was targeting this game but on Thanksgiving will be a no-go with the wife.  Odd she puts a family dinner over the Bills🤔.

Its too bad, i thought you guys had a chance to make it

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that watching Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, JP Losman, Thad Lewis, Brian Brohm, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, Jeff Tuel, Nathan Peterman, Kelly Holcomb and Derek Anderson leading our offense wasn't entertaining to watch?

Define "entertaining"

• Haha (+1) 1

For those anticipating going. I live down this way

1) Tix will be tough unlike Nashville so expect to pay a lot . I would book the hotels now. I just booked 10 rooms at the Nopsi 4 star for $200.00 5 minutes ago

2) Alternative fairly close airports, which would then include a car rental are Mobile Alabama, Pensacola Florida about 3 hours away. Birmingham , Alabama is 4.5 hours away

3) Also  the weekend of the Bayou Classic, Grambling vs Southern which is a very BIG game, so hotels will go very very fast

thanks

Edited by Purplebulldog
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Roll Call?

I'll be there.

Ugh. I had this game marked as the ONE place i really wanted to go this year for my annual away trip. Thanksgiving makes it not likely..... looks like i'll be looking towards Nashville. The wife has been there and she said its amazing.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ugh. I had this game marked as the ONE place i really wanted to go this year for my annual away trip. Thanksgiving makes it not likely..... looks like i'll be looking towards Nashville. The wife has been there and she said its amazing.

If I don't have my son that weekend, I'll go.  It's only a 3 hour drive for me.  Lets meet up.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

If I don't have my son that weekend, I'll go.  It's only a 3 hour drive for me.  Lets meet up.

well my first choice is still New Orleans and she just told me not to count it out completely. But i'll be sure to keep you posted either way.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was targeting this game but on Thanksgiving will be a no-go with the wife.  Odd she puts a family dinner over the Bills🤔.

Perfect opportunity.

"Hon, I think it's high time I took you on a vacation to show how much I appreciate all you do for me. We can spend some time together, and get some good food in a place known for it, and you won't have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner."

Of course, if you already live in New Orleans this doesn't work as well.

• Haha (+1) 1