Bills sign Kenny Stills to PS

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think he could probably play over McKenzie. McKenzie seems to be a guy they don’t want to give a lot of volume to under normal circumstances. I may be wrong. 

If Beasley doesn’t play I think Stills takes over for Brown, Diggs for Beasley and Brown for Diggs. 

If Beasley does play, I think we only actively 2 TE (Knox and Smith) and use a PS call up for Stills. 

We’d have Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Stills in 5 WR sets as well as McKenzie to come in for any of those guys and threaten a gadget play. 

If he plays, and he should, he'll take snaps away from Davis.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think he could probably play over McKenzie. McKenzie seems to be a guy they don’t want to give a lot of volume to under normal circumstances. I may be wrong. 

Every time the Bills try to replace McKenzie, he just outplays the new guy and continues to produce.

I love him as a player. He provides a unique element to our offense that no other players offer. He has also been in pre-snap motion more than any other player in football this year. His shiftiness/explosiveness are valuable, he can fill in at slot WR quite capably (as he showed on Sunday), and he has added value as depth at the punt and kick return positions. Lastly, he seems to really add something to the locker room. Everyone seems to love him, and he has been cited by multiple players as the "weirdest guy in the locker room". 😆

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, Doc said:

If he plays, and he should, he'll take snaps away from Davis.

I think this would be a silly move on the Bills' part.

Davis is the Bills' second leading touchdown scorer at the receiver position this year with 7.

Benching for any amount of time a player who has been producing in our system and building chemistry with Allen all year long and knows our playbook inside and out and scores touchdowns, for a guy who just joined the team a week ago, just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Gabriel Davis is not better than Kenny Stills right now.

Disagree. Davis has more receiving yards this year than Stills had in any of his past three seasons. Davis also has more receiving touchdowns this year than Stills has had in all but one year of his career, and that was back in 2016.

Between Davis' knowledge of the playbook, his chemistry with Allen, and his production this year, I don't see how anyone can say that Stills should be taking snaps from him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Gabriel Davis is not better than Kenny Stills right now.

Not right now...but Allen knows where he will be on the field and he knows this offense and he has been productive. Hard to see Stills replicating that with little to no practice time.

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He takes Brown’s roster spot next year.  Cheaper speed.  

Why are people trying to replace a guy who caught a 1000 yards for us just the year prior and has a great connection with our QB?

I am all for adding Stills......we are going to a pass first offense and we need a strong WR stable.....losing Brown is not addition by subtraction WE ARE IN OUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPION window....it is time to add talent not subract it

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

car stereo blaring "Girls just want to have fun."

Hey man, your ruining my day dream, I'm changing the station 

Locomotive breath,

and the train it won't stop oh no way to slow down...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Disagree. Davis has more receiving yards this year than Stills had in any of his past three seasons. Davis also has more receiving touchdowns this year than Stills has had in all but one year of his career, and that was back in 2016.

Between Davis' knowledge of the playbook, his chemistry with Allen, and his production this year, I don't see how anyone can say that Stills should be taking snaps from him.

This.  Stills is a "big name," but Davis is better, esp in this offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are people trying to replace a guy who caught a 1000 yards for us just the year prior and has a great connection with our QB?

I am all for adding Stills......we are going to a pass first offense and we need a strong WR stable.....losing Brown is not addition by subtraction WE ARE IN OUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPION window....it is time to add talent not subract it

The salary cap and the likelihood that the Bills deem the retention of Feliciano, Milano, and D. Williams more important than the retention of Brown.  Nobody’s trying to replace Brown.  This is simply a value judgment.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The salary cap and the likelihood that the Bills deem the retention of Feliciano, Milano, and D. Williams more important than the retention of Brown.  Nobody’s trying to replace Brown.  This is simply a value judgment.  

To note, it is a cap savings of $8M if we release Brown. That's a good chunk of cash.

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree if we can afford to keep Brown we do at all costs. I don’t understand the let’s get rid of smoke. Sure he had a tough year but look what he did for us last year. Just another big time weapon. 

4 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I agree if we can afford to keep Brown we do at all costs. I don’t understand the let’s get rid of smoke. Sure he had a tough year but look what he did for us last year. Just another big time weapon. 

Looking back at how the O performed without them, who is more important to the Offense: Brown or Feliciano?

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

This.  Stills is a "big name," but Davis is better, esp in this offense.  

I just think they have different skillsets.....

Gabe Davis - big physical receiver

Stills - deep threat like Smoke

Just now, wjag said:

In my mind, he doesn't sniff the field.  Dance with who brung ya.  He is an injury call up at best.  

This is entirely a possibility and a stash for next year......we just got a big boost with Smoke coming back

• Like (+1) 1