Bills wide receivers buy WR coach Chad Hall a new truck for Christmas (video)

Logic

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere else. 

How cool is this?!

The players must really love this dude. Diggs already called him the best coach he's ever had. Guess the others must feel the same way!

When they are taking him out with mask he must thinking a hazing is occurring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

That's so cool! You can't help but love this team.

Then there's this follow-up...

Is that true? Or is it just a troll?

Edited by Rubes
  • Haha (+1) 2

They are in close contact with him most every day, so what’s the violation? 

• Like (+1) 2

A couple of things I find extraordinary about this.

I've been a fan for as long as the Bills have existed, and while I've seen a number of times throughout the league, players (mostly QBs or RBs) buying gifts for their linemen in appreciation of a good season, and sometimes after receiving a monster contract a player will buy gifts for all his teammates, but I've NEVER seen or heard of players buying a gift for their coach. 

Another thing, is that if you listen to the video, they say it was brought up and organized by Gabe Davis. Now I could understand if the "Big Dog" of the room has the idea and everybody falls in line, but Gabe is a rookie, he's the young pup, and he is comfortable enough to go to Diggs, Beasley, and Brown (along with the others in the room) with this wonderfully hairbrained idea ... and they fell in line and made it happen.

Gotta LOVE this team.

• Like (+1) 16

36 minutes ago, Rubes said:

They could get fined, but since they aren’t out at a public place I don’t think it would be a lot. 

30 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

A couple of things I find extraordinary about this.

I've been a fan for as long as the Bills have existed, and while I've seen a number of times throughout the league, players (mostly QBs or RBs) buying gifts for their linemen in appreciation of a good season, and sometimes after receiving a monster contract a player will buy gifts for all his teammates, but I've NEVER seen or heard of players buying a gift for their coach. 

Another thing, is that if you listen to the video, they say it was brought up and organized by Gabe Davis. Now I could understand if the "Big Dog" of the room has the idea and everybody falls in line, but Gabe is a rookie, he's the young pup, and he is comfortable enough to go to Diggs, Beasley, and Brown (along with the others in the room) with this wonderfully hairbrained idea ... and they fell in line and made it happen.

Gotta LOVE this team.

Gabe Davis also contributed to the prosthetic legs for the kid who they sent to Disney (with Milano). He’s not on some giant contract, which as you say is pretty classy. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The fact remains that the video didn't show the players wearing masks, but maybe .... just maybe they maintained proper social distancing and kept six feet between each other.

With the possible exception of Beasley because he tends to measure distance in "Beasley feet" which everyone knows are quite a bit shorter than "normal people feet".

just sayin'

(before anybody gets their panties in a wad, this entire post is meant as humor and in no way should be construed as commentary on the Covid pandemic or the protocols that should be followed) 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

No masks, I’d guess.  But as long as nobody tests positive, no real problem.

Maybe some fines....they just dinged the Texans who were out at Watson's restaurant opening like $6K-7.5K each.  Watson said he will pay the fines for the others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

That was the second thing on my mind after thinking, what a nice gesture by the players. 

Edited by billsherd

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'm thinking that truck is approx 60k dollars. That's roughly 10k (maybe more with tax) per player. That's pretty awesome of them

Right?! I think that’s a 250 and sure fully loaded. I’d put that higher than 60k probably 75ish.

I was thinking about Josh’s OL gift when I saw this. Golf clubs are nice, but hell, even if he bought 15 sets of them, they sure as hell didn’t cost the same as a new F-250. His WR showed him up. Haha.

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right?! I think that’s a 250 and sure fully loaded. I’d put that higher than 60k probably 75ish.

I was thinking about Josh’s OL gift when I saw this. Golf clubs are nice, but hell, even if he bought 15 sets of them, they sure as hell didn’t cost the same as a new F-250. His WR showed him up. Haha.

But Josh also bought lessons!    

You could spend BILLIONS on lessons and still have a group of lousy golfers!   :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

His WR?  Wasn’t it all of the WRs?

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

It is true - as outside of the facility- they prohibit any gathering of players and/or coaches.

Although it is very different than the Las Vegas issue - it is the same kind of thing.

Typically the league can not fine the players in this situation- it is the team that must fine the players - my guess is there could be a league fine coming to the team.  

They might be able to avoid it as it seemed they stayed fairly distant and were protected as long as it was quick, but the league has discretion to fine and punish the team.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

With Diggs saying that Hall is the best wide receiver coach he’s ever had, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was his idea to get the truck and that he contributed the most to it.

I think they said in the video it was Davis’s idea.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gimme a break, they’re outside and probably hanging around for less than 30 mins.  these guys are together All the time anyway. Hopefully the NFL doesn’t go nutso about some players presenting their coach with a gift 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Process said:

Didn't Raiders get fined for attending a charity event?

I think the difference is a private function versus a public function. I'm not sure what the rules are up there, but if they're within the compliance of the local rules for the number of people at a private function, it seems like it would be difficult for the NFL to enforce something in regards to private functions because every player who has family/friends over for the holidays would end up being punished. 

For example, Dwayne Haskins likely could have avoided trouble if he had simply had the strippers come to his room and adhered to local restrictions regarding the number of people in a gathering instead of actually going to the strip club. 

Edited by jeremy2020

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm thinking that truck is approx 60k dollars. That's roughly 10k (maybe more with tax) per player. That's pretty awesome of them

Someone in the video clearly says they put a hundred together paid in cash.... that is an incredible gift. Really nice gesture.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

For example, Kylar Murray likely could have avoided trouble if he had simply had the strippers come to his room and adhered to local restrictions regarding the number of people in a gathering instead of actually going to the strip club. 

You mean Dwayne Haskins?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

Didn't Raiders get fined for attending a charity event?

It was an indoor event that violated the maximum number of people that should be allowed in a space according to the local law as well as not wearing masks. 

This was a small group a people that are outdoors so I think it's a pretty big difference. 

• Like (+1) 2