• KC
    • Pit
    • Tenn
    • Indy
    • Cle
    • Balt
    • Mia
    • Las Vegas

Not trying to get ahead of myself but barring a complete collapse the Bills will be in a playoff game in a few weeks. If I am picking the easiest match up today I would go with

1A/B Mia / LAV.

2 Indy 

3 Cle

4 Bal

5 Pit

6 Ten

7 KC 

Lets look at the most likely scenarios:

#3 Seed is most likely scenario

#3 team plays #6 team so the Bills are likely playing:

Most likely is Indy or Tenn - whoever loses division

Other possibilities Mia, Cle, Bal

#2 Seed if Cle beats out Pit

#2 team plays #7 team so the Bills are likely playing:

Most likely is Mia or LAV whoever makes it between the two

Others could be any of Ind, Tenn, Bal

#4 Seed or #7 Seed if we stink and lose at least 2 of the last 3 games

#4 would likely mean playing either Pit or Cle, Bal has slight chance (loser of division)

#7 would most likely playing either Pit or Cle (winner of division), KC is small chance

Edited by ngbills

Miami is the obvious answer. There is a giant gap between them and all of the other potential playoff teams (assuming LV doesn't make it). They are a dream matchup. 

With the division basically locked up we need to root for Miami the rest of the way. We want them in the playoffs in hopes of latching up with them .

A browns win tonight would help. 

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I voted for Miami, honestly they are the least scariest team to me. 
I’d like to beat Tenn because I am still not over the way the schedule had to be changed for the Covidians lack of adherence to protocols.

I also didnt like how aggressive they were on offense at the end of that game. They ran up the score and Tannehill showboated and I hate powder blue and I still hate them for the homerun throw forward....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think KC-Pit-Buf-Ten win their divisions. Of the wild card team I would not want to play the Browns. They can run the ball effectively and I wonder if the Bills can stop them. I'd like any other team. Dolphins because of the old rivalry. I think the Colts would be an interesting matchup. Don't think the Ravens will match up well (neither will the Raiders)

At this moment, the #1 seed is still possible.

Here's the scenario:

* Bills win out

* KC loses two, to the Chargers and also either to the Saints or Falcons.

* Steelers lose exactly one game (CIN, IND, CLE) forcing a three way tie.

In this scenario, Buffalo is predicted to win a three-way tie breaker based on strength of victory.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Of the teams the Bills would be best to face, I think this is the easiest order: Dolphins, Colts, Steelers, Titans, Browns, KC.  Reasoning is that Bills have fared better against tough defenses than tough offenses.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

I’d rather play:

Vegas - meh

miami - meh

steelers-  offense has no speed.  

titans- can’t see them beating us twice

ravens- they’d be my first choice if not for their D

browns- scared of the run game + Garrett

colts- might be the most complete team.  

KC-  so explosive, but we can beat them 

8 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I think KC-Pit-Buf-Ten win their divisions. Of the wild card team I would not want to play the Browns. They can run the ball effectively and I wonder if the Bills can stop them. I'd like any other team. Dolphins because of the old rivalry. I think the Colts would be an interesting matchup. Don't think the Ravens will match up well (neither will the Raiders)

So the Bills may struggle to stop the Browns running attack - likely.

How will the browns stop the Bills and Allen?

I will take a shootout with Josh vs Baker.  The downside is having to see Baker's stupid commercials.

I voted Tennessee. Nothing scientific, purely emotional fan stuff from me on this... it’s who I want to play. 

They started the drought, the screwed with us this year, they made a run to the AFC Championship last year. I want them. 

This team has been beating all of the media narratives. 

1) Josh sucks

2) Can’t win against good teams 

3) Can’t win in Prime Time

4) Can’t beat the Patriots 

Give me revenge. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Miami is the obvious answer. There is a giant gap between them and all of the other potential playoff teams (assuming LV doesn't make it). They are a dream matchup

With the division basically locked up we need to root for Miami the rest of the way. We want them in the playoffs in hopes of latching up with them .

A browns win tonight would help. 

Didn't @High Football IQ state that Miami is already elite?  So shouldn't the Bills be afraid of them ?

The #2 seed feels more likely than the #3 seed with the way the Steelers are playing right now. I can't see them finishing the season 3-0. Bills just got to win out.

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Didn't @High Football IQ state that Miami is already elite?  So shouldn't the Bills be afraid of them ?

That bum hasn't posted since November 29th apparently. Not much for him to talk about. Even he doesn't believe the nonsense that came out of his keyboard anymore I guess.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Haha (+1) 1

Patriots can still make pkayoffs...

win out

fins lose a game

raiders lose a game

Raven  lose 2

all 4 at 9-7.  NE in 2nd over Mia due to H2H. Thry beat the other two teams so they get 7 seed.

I don’t want to play NE and would intentionally lose to Miami.

Tennessee doesn’t scare me.  Buffalo when playing them..they were missing D. They had three turnovers that gave Tenn a short field.  You don’t have that the games in a one score game

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

I don’t know why, but there would be something so gratifying to see Josh Allen QB get a free run on Baker Mayfield. Just line him up at MLB once on a 3rd/long and send the house. 

Josh is everything Baker isn’t as QB, leader of the team, and human. 

Josh Allen stat line :

30/40, 325 yards, 3TDs

6 rushes 37 yards 1 RTD,

1 rec. 27 yards 1TD.

1 TFL-QB sack -6 yards. 

Edited by Mango

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t know why, but there would be something so gratifying to see Josh Allen QB get a free run on Baker Mayfield. Just line him up at MLB once on a 3rd/long and send the house. 

Josh is everything Baker isn’t as QB, leader of the team, and human. 

Josh Allen stat line :

30/40, 325 yards, 3TDs

6 rushes 37 yards 1 RTD,

1 rec. 27 yards 1TD.

1 TFL-QB sack -6 yards. 

I agree completely but I like Baker's commericals though! Nick Chubb is just a monster. Kind of reminds me of the first time I watched Henry (when he wasn't as productive with the Titans earlier in his career). He is hard to bring down and makes plays when you need them most. 

22 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Patriots can still make pkayoffs...

win out

fins lose a game

raiders lose a game

Raven  lose 2

all 4 at 9-7.  NE in 2nd over Mia due to H2H. Thry beat the other two teams so they get 7 seed.

I don’t want to play NE and would intentionally lose to Miami.

Tennessee doesn’t scare me.  Buffalo when playing them..they were missing D. They had three turnovers that gave Tenn a short field.  You don’t have that the games in a one score game

......that's all they got to do?!

2 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

I also didnt like how aggressive they were on offense at the end of that game. They ran up the score and Tannehill showboated and I hate powder blue and I still hate them for the homerun throw forward....

A couple shots to Tannehill right under the chin and he is done.  Our run D is looking better of late.  Someone seems to have lit a fire under Vernon Butler.  We will be a handful for any team in the NFL right now.  When Josh has time, no team in the league can stop our passing game.  Its that simple.  Us against the Chiefs would be a hell of a matchup.  But the defensive game plan has to be much more aggressive then the last time we played them.  Need a big pass rush from outside in to contain Mahomes.  He is not as comfortable w lots of big bodies all around him.  

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Not sure and lets now bring him up since he has either been given a time out (last on Nov 30), using a different alias or involuntarily quarantined.

Time out huh.   I noticed his doom and gloom doppleganger @BillsMafi$ also disappeared around that time

Have to say, the Browns are a team I'd like to avoid. They can play that hard-nosed, old school brand of offense and in a tight playoff game I could see them wearing our D down in the second half.   

People keep talking about the teams best suited to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, a lot of the experts are saying the Bills, which is nice, but I think the Browns are equipped to do it, provided Baker keeps playing well.

Interestingly, last nights game sucked for MIA. They are likely battling with BAL for the last spot. Week 17 - Bills play to beat MIA or rest players with division clinched? Could be an impact on determining who we play. Lots of moving parts that could all still be there come week 17 as well as which teams have something to play for in week 17. 

Experiment #1 - All favorites win games the next two weeks.

Weeks 17 scenarios:

Bills beat MIA and PIT beat CLE - Bills play CLE 

Bills beat MIA and CLE beat PIT - Bills play IND

MIA beat Bills and Pit beat CLE - Bills play BAL

MIA beat Bills and CLE beat PIT - Bills platy MIA

Big games to watch:

Week 15

MIA v NE

KC v NO

Week 16

MIA v LAV

IND v PIT