Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

My son told me the 9ers set a record of their own last night.  They now own the NFL record for the longest non-scoring drive.  98 yards. Congrats on a record that is unlikely to be broken.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

That one hurt me a little bit. Big fan of Moss and thought this might be the Moss take-off day. Hard carry to take in the end zone but that was bad. Thinking just young and lack of reps? 

Good to see Motor picking up more yards but if Moss ends up in the doghouse or just simply can't put it together we're going to need somebody else. Feels like we keep orbiting around this as an issue this season. First Motor was the odd man out, now it's Moss. Where's Yeldon?  Marcus Murphy available? We need Phil Lindsay next year.

Imo, the “issue” with the running game is a gunslinger at QB. Ergo, RB’s are theatre props/illusions. Since this appears to be the way we’ll play offense for the next dozen years, I’d prefer a huge hoss & a scatback as a better pairing vs 2 scatbacks.

7 hours ago, MJS said:

He did, other than the 2nd QB sneak. I thought that was a bad decision. I also think Allen telegraphs the sneak a little too much. He seems to lean over the center more before taking the snap. If I noticed it, for sure opposing defenses have noticed.

The other call I didn't like was running it on 2nd and goal from the 10 yard line. They picked up 2 or 3. I'd rather take an extra shot at the TD than pick up a couple meaningless yards. I think that was the drive we went for it on 4th down and got stuffed.

But overall I really like how Daboll calls the games.

Damn. Tough crowd. No yards are meaningless? You gain a couple yards while the clock takes time away from the opponent. It’s all relevant.

6 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

When I told my dad that tonight it was like the dots just all immediately connected. He had never considered / realized they were brothers. He also spoke very highly of Robb Riddick, but obviously way before my time...(you old farts 😏)

Respect your Elders, Whippersnapper!

49F791F1-A1BA-4118-9F2F-780F6E86F697.jpeg

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wtf was up with that Vegas line!!

That’s certainly going to add to that California debt.  All those ‘Silly-Valley’ millionaires are going to have some new tax write offs in April. They might need some help with their next mansion mortgage payments.  

• Like (+1) 1

Great win. SF didn’t get the memo you have to keep Josh from rolling right and he made them pay, big time. Not sure it really would of mattered last night, Josh was dialed in and Beasley showed why he is like Waffle House(always open). I liked the oline we saw last night, Let’s hope we get Boettger at LG and Feliciano at RG here on out.  Knox starting to be seen for the right reasons, and Diggs is the wide receiver we’ve needed since Moulds. 
The D was solid overall. I think the game plan for the defense showed just how weak Wallace is. McDermott and Frazier left Wallace on his own and SF attacked it. It didn’t cost the Bills the game, but this can’t be the game plan against good QB’s. Milano looked good in his first game and the D line was always right around Mullins. White is showing that he is ready to play his best football when it counts the most. 
Special Teams contributed  to the victory, exactly what you want from them. 
Great game and let’s get ready to beat Pitt and inch closer to clinching the AFCE and a home playoff game! 

Go Bills!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

What an awesome game. If the offense can play like that then we can beat anybody in the league. I still hate the run D but at this point in the season it is what it is. I still don’t understand why we were a 1.5 point underdog in this game? We played a 5-6 team decimated with injuries on a neutral field, that was exactly how the game should have played out. What’s the early line on the Steelers game?

I still have a drought hangover. As good as we are now, I still find myself worried when there's 6 mins left and the bills have a lead. I lived through Bledsoe/losman/Edwards/fitz/manuel and the hangover still lingers a bit. Hoping this fades away. It's definitely starting to. Now let's beat the steelers 

Decided to record the game and watch it this morning (after 1am start in the uk)... working from home on a tuesday has NEVER been sweeter.  That was beautiful to watch.

Even when Josh is on like that you are still waiting for him to try too much and give up a fumble/interception, which didnt happen... more growth and progress from #17.

Time now to walk the dog, listen to a couple of bills podcasts and bask in this feeling with a big stupid looking grin on my face.

Go Bills! Bring on the Steelers, WE. ARE. READY.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I just watched the Knox TD and Diggs had a great cut block to help him score that TD.  It's an incredibly unselfish play and gives you a sense of how much of a team player this guy is.

This is my play of the game, heck maybe the season! 

That guy just wants to win and will do whatever it takes.  Respect. Someone should post that video on a Vikings' board.  

• Like (+1) 2

I fell asleep watching the Washington v Steelers game and woke up just after we'd gone 14-7 up. I saw the rest of the game out, 2 hours more sleep then up to get mini me ready for school and other half to work. Luckily I'm still working from home due to the lergy so didn't have to commute in. I'm struggling to see the day out now. 

The game was probably the most comfortable I've felt all season when we've had a lead at the half. We were aggressive straight from the second half kick off on both sides of the ball. Going for it on 4&2 when there was a FG available when we were up 10 told me Daboll reckoned Allen and the receivers couldn't be stopped. He was right. 

Time to prepare for the Steelers and another late night/early morning next week. Roll on the Saturday night game 😴

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

My favorite win of the season.  A statement win. So many positives. Literally the only thing I had an issue with was allowing the Niners to drive up the in the 4th for a TD after we scored. Otherwise, near perfect game!

Let’s go!

agreed. The Seahawks are a better team, but seeing Allen go off against the SF defense makes this game better for me. Add in prime time and the fact SF was in the SB last year(even though they’re missing 3top players and 2 slot corners) and this is the best win of the year until Sunday night. 

My only gripe is the end of half clock management

I found this on an article about the game last night. 

Linebacker Dre Greenlaw felt the 49ers had a great plan to contain Allen, but it didn't translate into success.

“I think that’s probably the worst part, we knew exactly what they were running just from head to toe, and we just came up short,” Greenlaw said. “It’s kind of a weird feeling. We knew exactly what they were running.” 

Seems like that shoe was on the other foot for a long time.  Good to see it turned the other way for us.  Good teams can do what they do even when the other team knows what is coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My random, baker's dozen game thoughts:

1.  Diggs cut block on the Knox diving touchdown just shows you how committed these guys are to winning.

2.  Not one, but two toe-drag swag candidates this week.  Too bad it was likely produced yesterday.  Diggs and Beasley had b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l catches that would have won, hands down.

3.  I cringed when Allen got sacked.  He was hit pretty hard by one of the big boys.  The slo mo on the hit shows how violent it was.

4.  My man Beasley has become my favorite Buffalo Bill.  What a game.  Had to laugh seeing him standing next to Allen during the post game interview.  He looked tiny next to Josh.  And yet he probably towers over Little Man.

5.  Richard Sherman on the Davis TD was epic.  He was so badly beat.  He pointed at his backfield mates like they were supposed to be there.  But I think that was a blown coverage on Sherman.

6.  Allen's throw over the middle, just an inch above Warner's outstretched hand, just may have been the best throw of his NFL career today.

7.  Deep dimes all over the field. My gosh that was pretty.

8.  Some dings here or there in the game, but I think the Bills came out of that game basically intact.  So, so important this time of year.

9.  Half time stats were like Allen 234 yards, Mullen 67 yards.  Mullen was allowed to pad those stats.

10. Drives of: 13 plays, 69 yards, 5:03 time; 14-75-7:49;  11-70-5:26; 10-75-5:36 were what absolutely killed the 9ers.  Long sustained, in your face.  Great gains on first down all night.

11. There were a few Milano sightings last night.  

12. Washington robbed Buffalo of deballing the Steelers.

13.  Bills offense held 9ers running game under 100 yards.  You know that one that was ballyhooed by every talking head?  Yeah I said Bills Offense held them under 100 yards.  

heck I just thought of one more

14.  Allen pointing out the holding on Diggs while running around in the backfield is something I literally have never seen before in an NFL game.  The ref obliged him by throwing the flag in Allen's plain view before Allen threw the ball.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Ike started the game at LG with Mongo on the right.

Winters came in for a few plays when Mongo was out, but they went right back to the starters with Winters on the Bench.

Really?? I thought I saw the opposite, Winters started again, then Ike came in when Feleciano got hurt, but then when he came back in, he went to opposite side and they left Ike in??

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really?? I thought I saw the opposite, Winters started again, then Ike came in when Feleciano got hurt, but then when he came back in, he went to opposite side and they left Ike in??

Rochester fan has it right.  Winters only snaps were when he subbed for Mongo when he got dinged. 

"Mr Winters, you'll be happy to know our benches are heated."

10 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Rochester fan has it right.  Winters only snaps were when he subbed for Mongo when he got dinged. 

"Mr Winters, you'll be happy to know our benches are heated."

OK so after I posted this, saw there was another whole "Ike thread" and that stated Winters did start the game on the right side and Mongo on the left, but then they quickly benched Winters, shifted Feleciano over and put Ike on left side.  Winters came back in for Mongo when he got nicked up, but that was about it for him.  That may have been what I saw was Winters playing at the beginning of game.

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

So, am I the only one who never knew that Louis Riddick was the brother of former Bill (and one of my favorites) Robb Riddick?  

I didn't know it either...never heard him mention it on any of the MNF telecasts or on ESPN Radio.  I had to google it.  Strange.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Nope - ESPN had him listed as a starter, but right from play two- it was Ike on the Left and Mongo on the right.  

I actually noticed it because in the huddle I saw Mongo next to Williams and at the same time ESPN was running the starters along the bottom and it said Winters.

My wife and I then went back and sure enough Ike and Mongo were playing.

Winters came in for Mongo - got blown up and as soon as Mongo could get back in Winters returned to the bench.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

A great win (just finished watching on DVR as I headed to bed with a migraine last night at start of Q3).  The Bills are good, Beas had the game that a number of folks here predicted, Allen was amazing, and it looks like things are happening at exactly the perfect point of the season.  How times have changed!

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is what separates the have's from the have-not's when it comes to QB in this league. If you have a guy who can recognize and beat whatever the defense is trying to do, you have one of the elites who gives your team a chance to compete for championships year in and year out.

The only way to compensate for that level of QB play and shut it down is to either have a more talented D than the QB team's O, and/or to out-execute them the entire game, which as we know with today's NFL and the way the rules are skewed makes that a tall order every game.

The kind of strain a QB like Josh puts on a defense is just immeasurable.

Honestly, I was planning on staying up late and watching the game but after Moss coughed it up on the 1 yard line, it was officially time for bed....I get up at 3am for work  so late night games suck for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and heard the shellacking the Bill's gave to the niners!!!

Go Bill's!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1