Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

10 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Again, not sure why that was a “toss up” game but the announcers really, really wanted it to be. Even well into the fourth. 

SF just beat the Rams the week before, a very good Rams team. And they were starting to get some more players back. It made sense.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it was a nearly complete game when we haven’t heard a peep from the 3 or 4 miserable posters who add their black cloud to every W in the post game thread. “Yeah but Allen didn’t throw for 400 and should have had a pick that was called back” STFU.

Loved seeing Ike out there instead of Winters. Felt bad for Moss but that was a horrible gaff and I’m glad they sat him the rest of the way. He will get plenty more chances, that’s how you learn.

Nothing to add about Allen that hasn’t already been said. Announcers were forced to praise Allen and the Bills after getting on their knees for SF at the begining. Love to see it.

No one gives a sht about your fantasy football team.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

You know it was a nearly complete game when we haven’t heard a peep from the 3 or 4 miserable posters who add their black cloud to every W in the post game thread. “Yeah but Allen didn’t throw for 400 and should have had a pick that was called back” STFU.

Loved seeing Ike out there instead of Winters. Felt bad for Moss but that was a horrible gaff and I’m glad they sat him the rest of the way. He will get plenty more chances, that’s how you learn.

Nothing to add about Allen that hasn’t already been said. Announcers were forced to praise Allen and the Bills after getting on their knees for SF at the begining. Love to see it.

No one gives a sht about your fantasy football team.

Go Bills!

It’s beyond me that the fumble is put on Allen. Moss closed his arms before the ball reached his midsection. That’s a fundamental taught in Pop Warner/Little League ferchristsake!

I hope NFL Stats correct this gaff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s beyond me that the fumble is put on Allen. Moss closed his arms before the ball reached his midsection. That’s a fundamental taught in Pop Warner/Little League ferchristsake!

I hope NFL Stats correct this gaff.

I agree. I don’t know how there is any possible way that gets credited to Allen when it was clear Moss closed his arms too early and coughed it up.

• Like (+1) 1

I kept hearing that he 49ers were the #1 team in the NFL vs slot receivers coming into the game. Challenge Accepted...

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I agree. I don’t know how there is any possible way that gets credited to Allen when it was clear Moss closed his arms too early and coughed it up.

All fumbles that occur on the hand-off are credited to the QB. It's always been that way. It was 100% on Moss, but Allen takes the hit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

My only gripe is the end of half clock management

Wha wha wha whaaaaatt?????? That was an absolute thing of beauty. Perfection. Reminded me of the PATS in Brady's prime.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 947 said:

I kept hearing that he 49ers were the #1 team in the NFL vs slot receivers coming into the game. Challenge Accepted...

All fumbles that occur on the hand-off are credited to the QB. It's always been that way. It was 100% on Moss, but Allen takes the hit.

Probably, Allen doesn't care.  He'll gladly take it for Moss and the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Wha wha wha whaaaaatt?????? That was an absolute thing of beauty. Perfection. Reminded me of the PATS in Brady's prime.

We got points and still had a TO to spare.

I think folks wigged out when they saw the run on 1st down and never caught up to what the Bills were doing.

It was great management, and great execution by the players.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We got points and still had a TO to spare.

I think folks wigged out when they saw the run on 1st down and never caught up to what the Bills were doing.

It was great management, and great execution by the players.

I must admit ..I missed that drive.  Expected the Bills of old and assumed they were running for the locker room.  Got up to use the bathroom, walked back in the living room to see them lining up for a FG.  WTF!  

They simply excelled in every aspect of this game.  This was them on day night game we have been wishing for!  And I’m savoring every wonderful moment ...still. 

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I still have a drought hangover. As good as we are now, I still find myself worried when there's 6 mins left and the bills have a lead. I lived through Bledsoe/losman/Edwards/fitz/manuel and the hangover still lingers a bit. Hoping this fades away. It's definitely starting to. Now let's beat the steelers 

Let the fog keep lifting, my friend.

Go Bills!

46 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

they wasted downs and timeouts. I like that they ran the clock down a little on first down in case they had to punt, but they used  up 45 seconds when it should have been closer to 30. could have  achieved the same goal and had a few more shots at the end zone. 

It’s admittedly nit picky but perfection would have been a TD there. 

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK so after I posted this, saw there was another whole "Ike thread" and that stated Winters did start the game on the right side and Mongo on the left, but then they quickly benched Winters, shifted Feleciano over and put Ike on left side.  Winters came back in for Mongo when he got nicked up, but that was about it for him.  That may have been what I saw was Winters playing at the beginning of game.

I think that was incorrect as I noticed Mongo at RG and Ike at LG from the get go.  Believe the poster was confused by graphic listing Winters as starting at RG.  

51 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I was thinking similar thoughts.

They took enough time off the clock, that if they didn’t get the first down, they would’ve not given the Niners much time left. Once they got the first down, they marched down the field to get the FG. And it all started at the 10 yard line!

McD was smiling when he talked about that in the post game presser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

I think that was incorrect as I noticed Mongo at RG and Ike at LG from the get go.  Believe the poster was confused by graphic listing Winters as starting at RG.  

Yeah reading more after I posted that including an entire article about how Ike became the starter, made me think the same.  Thought could swear I did see Winters on the field early in the game.  I also saw Winters listed on the graphic which made me assume that was the case that he started too.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I think he might be referring to the TO called after the clock had already been stopped by going out of bounds...But obviously, they made up for it by scoring before the half...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah reading more after I posted that including an entire article about how Ike became the starter, made me think the same.  Thought could swear I did see Winters on the field early in the game.  I also saw Winters listed on the graphic which made me assume that was the case that he started too.

easy to mix Mongo and winters up as all tatted up and 76 vs 66.  Those numbers disappear on those big bodies!!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chemical said:

they wasted downs and timeouts. I like that they ran the clock down a little on first down in case they had to punt, but they used  up 45 seconds when it should have been closer to 30. could have  achieved the same goal and had a few more shots at the end zone. 

It’s admittedly nit picky but perfection would have been a TD there. 

To each his own but I don’t know, Chemical.

You’re at your own 10 yard line with 65 seconds left. While miracles happen, unless you’re having to win the game, I think any coach is pleased with a FG in that situation. And, it’s not like it was a 58 yarder. They set Bass up for a very makeable 37 yarder.

It was as perfect as you could realistically get.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You wouldn't know it from the announcers. You'd think SF was unbeaten.

3-person NFL booth crews don't work when the talent is good, as history demonstrates. Levy and Griese, to a slightly lesser extent, are annoying. I tired early on of their scripted "boy-is-SF-a-physical-team" tripe. Riddick would be great in a duo with a less-pompous play-by-play partner.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChicksDigBills said:

Random Chick thoughts: Got a great win on Prime Time, Great Win with NO injuries, Bass looks like he has really settled in and feels comfortable and wow, one punt and two (?) penalties - ? Great chemistry here - feels like the "old days'.... :D

This team may be better than those old days. I say "may" because there are a few Super Bowl appearances to live up to, but I bet you'll never hear the term "Bickering Bills" from a McDermott locker room. And you're right...Bass is becoming Money.

Edited by theRalph
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

To each his own but I don’t know, Chemical.

You’re at your own 10 yard line with 65 seconds left. While miracles happen, unless you’re having to win the game, I think any coach is pleased with a FG in that situation. And, it’s not like it was a 58 yarder. They set Bass up for a very makeable 37 yarder.

It was as perfect as you could realistically get.

it was a good drive and of course in happy getting points. It’s a huge improvement from years past to be able to march down the field and get out of bounds to stop the clock. All I’m saying is one small adjustment, using 30 seconds instead of 45 on the first play, would’ve given us a few chances at a TD. 

22 minutes ago, Chemical said:

it was a good drive and of course in happy getting points. It’s a huge improvement from years past to be able to march down the field and get out of bounds to stop the clock. All I’m saying is one small adjustment, using 30 seconds instead of 45 on the first play, would’ve given us a few chances at a TD. 

I definitely see what you’re saying.

That said, even though it took away clock, I believe they played the clock smart. If they don’t make the first down, they don’t give the Niners a lot of time. If the bills were at their 35 or so to start, I’d say waste no clock. That said, they were at their 10 yard line to start so I think they played it smart and then got the best result that they could’ve given the circumstances.

Good back-and-forth, bro!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Finally someone recognizes that the Cam Newton comparisons are BS. Josh is a better QB than Cam ever was. Not even close 

I know!

When people have compared him to Cam, I haven’t looked at it as a compliment.

Not that I don’t think Cam has never been good but I think Josh can be so much better!

• Like (+1) 2

Gotta hand it to Bills OC Brian Daboll as he setup a near perfect game plan against the 49ers and called a near perfect game. Josh played a near perfect game. The 49er defense has difficulty with deep passes outside the hash and Josh was 6 for 6 of passes more than 20 yards. 

Josh Allen ripped that #5 overall 49er defense a new one on Monday Night Football. Just awesome to behold his becoming a top NFL QB. Allen #5 in passing yards. Diggs #5 in receiving yards. Diggs also tied with Keenan Allen for most receptions with 90. This with four games to go. Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Dolphins. 

As good as last years win over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day was... this was more profound in my view. Great game! 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Keyshawn Johnson can suck it. He must be exhausted from all the mental gymnastics he has to do in this clip in order to keep disrespecting the Bills.

Ho humming saying we havnt had any good wins all year.

8-4 fish

8-4 rams

7-5 raiders

6-6 bellichecks

8-4 seahawks

i challenge anyone to find a team with 5 wins of that quality.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Ho humming saying we havnt had any good wins all year.

8-4 fish

8-4 rams

7-5 raiders

6-6 bellichecks

8-4 seahawks

i challenge anyone to find a team with 5 wins of that quality.

You can watch him struggle to keep moving the goal posts every time JWill makes a point. He goes all the way around and comes back with "Yeah, but if Newton holds the ball in the other hand they lose that game". So what? He didnt! And we won! Could make the same excuse for the Bills on the Hail Murray. It's ridiculous. Just say they are playing very good ball!

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You can watch him struggle to keep moving the goal posts every time JWill makes a point. He goes all the way around and comes back with "Yeah, but if Newton holds the ball in the other hand they lose that game". So what? He didnt! And we won! Could make the same excuse for the Bills on the Hail Murray. It's ridiculous. Just say they are playing very good ball!

its paining him for sure.

Nick Wright was on FS1 this morning claiming Mayfield was a better qb than Allen at this point. Thats startling.