Postgame Thread Bills vs. Seahawks

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They need to upgrade the position, but I'll take Kroft 10/10 times. He had a clutch catch today instead of Knox's clutch drops. 

I like Knox but he was and still is super raw. I like having Kroft as the reliable veteran. I think easily the team will have to sign a vet TE to buy Knox another year to develop. I wouldn't mind cutting Lee Smith and offering Kroft a similar one year deal and then signing another vet TE.

• Like (+1) 1

Rarely does a game go exactly according to script, but this might be as close as you can get. It won’t look good statistically for the defense, but make no mistake, they beat the living crap out of Russ Wilson. And even though he passed for two more TDs today, both can be categorized as “garbage time.” Don’t get me wrong, Wilson made some amazing plays and showed why he’s considered as good as he is, but he was not the difference in this game and that just can’t be said about the vast majority of games Seattle plays. 

Allen on the other hand...

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'll readily admit that I was very frustrated with the Bills after last week, and was quickly losing confidence in the team's overall progress since 2019.

Today was a HUGE step forward.  I would argue that it was our best overall game since Sean McDermott became the coach.  

The offense was dominant the entire game and it showed on the scoreboard.  If it wasn't for the sacks allowed, I would say this unit played absolutely flawless.

The defense also played very good, despite letting up 34 points.  Going against possibly the league's best offense in the NFL, they forced the Seahawks to earn it.  Russell Wilson was under pressure all day, and they got the turnovers needed to maintain the lead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are undefeated in our division and 2-0 against what many consider to be one of the best divisions in football. 

Best game ive seen for this offense so far during Allen era. Best all-around game for Allen in his career. He outplayed MVP candidate Wilson, and it wasnt even close. 

Game ball goes to defense. I never expected this kind of effort - i knew our offense would score, but i never anticipated our defense playing as well as they did vs the best offense in football. 

What a win! What a great time to be a Bills fan!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Just now, K-9 said:

Rarely does a game go exactly according to script, but this might be as close as you can get. It won’t look good statistically for the defense, but make no mistake, they beat the living crap out of Russ Wilson. And even though he passed for two more TDs today, both can be categorized as “garbage time.” Don’t get me wrong, Wilson made some amazing plays and showed why he’s considered as good as he is, but he was not the difference in this game and that just can’t be said about the vast majority of games Seattle plays. 

Allen on the other hand...

The Bills defense is almost designed to slow up Seattle. They have a lot of pass rushers on the D-line particularly on the interior and a solid edge rush with some depth. They also are versatile in how they can pass rush you on the D-line. The thing that slows down the pass rush is running the ball which Seattle couldn't do and couldn't reestablish once they got down 2-3 scores. The Bills are also able to blitz with the LB's and DB's pretty effectively. Poyer is an underrated blitzer and so is Edumonds (And Klein came to play too.) 

But the Bills also have a good secondary that can bail out the team here and there. So it honestly was just a good matchup esp with Carson out for Seattle and the Bills getting the ball and scoring early. 

• Like (+1) 2