Postgame Thread Bills vs. Seahawks

Chandler#81

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Give him a few more years and watch how really good he will become. 

I'm 100% on board with this assessment.  I remember watching him TG 2019, where I ran back and forth to the smoker where we had two (spatchcocked) turkeys in there, and relishing the game -- because outside of Kelly and later years of Fergie, it's been impossible to find even competent QB play here for the longest of stretches.  This is really something else, and in as much as I still love Kelly, again, I would think that watching JA play QB here is totally new territory.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I've said it since day 1, highest ceiling for a QB possibly in the whole league 

When he can read a D like a blue print and the game slows down even further for him it's going to be amazing. I really feel that Josh will bring a Super Bowl W to Buffalo.

Josh is the best QB from the draft class.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

When he can read a D like a blue print and the game slows down even further for him it's going to be amazing. I really feel that Josh will bring a Super Bowl W to Buffalo.

Josh is the best QB from the draft class.

Oh yeah. By Far. 

No disrespect to Lamar but he reads a defense like Floyd Mayweather reads a book!

• Haha (+1) 7

Seattle went away from playing the heavy zone we have seen for weeks and decided to blitz Allen a lot.

I think that is proven to be a bad idea... feel like he would have had even more yards if some of our key guys were healthy. Apparently Carroll thought we would go more run heavy after watching our game against NE and wanted to bring pressure with run blitzes.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yet again,  the score doesn't tell the whole story. 

Defense was phenomenal.  That's the 2nd best o in the game,  I'm obviously ecstatic about the O but I never lost faith in them.

Was getting worried about the D, despite the points , this looked like the defense I was expecting to see in 2020. Amazing gameplan and execution!

Shout out to the DL and Edmund's!!

Yeah... 34 points given up, but a couple of the Seahawks’ scores were basically in garbage time.  Seeing all that pressure we were getting on Russ was really nice.

I really enjoyed this game.  The only thing that I could be disappointed about was the IOL but they were down to third-stringers at times, and they gelled a lot more by the 4Q.  Defense looked about as good as a defense can look going up against Wilson.  Offense looked absolutely stellar - just goes to show that those past three games weren't low-scoring because Allen was regressing, it was just because they didn't need to pass.  Special teams (especially Roberts) are as good as ever.  Oh, and it was that elusive "statement win" - finally!!

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Statement game. 

one of the statements is that stats don't lie the seahawk secondary is weak (rated last I believe) but time after time Josh Allen was on the money and the defense came though with a clutch performance also. Statement game indeed. I had read there were seahawk fans who called today "an easy win" ha Ha HA We Beat them and it feels GOOD

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Not really.  We haven't done well against quality teams but feed on the lesser teams. 

Not really. Falcons win McDermott's first year. Vikings win Allen's first season. Dallas and Stealers wins last year. Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, and now Seattle wins this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Not really. Falcons win McDermott's first year. Vikings win Allen's first season. Dallas and Stealers wins last year. Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, and now Seattle wins this year.

lol why are the dolphins in there? THe Bills are known to kill them.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

As long as we don’t have another Covid situation to deal with I think we can beat anyone.

Yeah. I think the shuffling of the Tennessee and KC games affected the team a fair amount. They might have still lost, but it must have been hard when it was reported they were preparing 2 game plans ahead of the Tennessee game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I am exhausted after watching that game. What a battle. We needed 4 takeaways, all the sacks and knockdowns and Josh's best day to win and we got it. All the injuries are really concerning. But wow, the manhatten I'm drinking now is just so damn good! Go Bills!

I really don't think we needed ALL the takeaways 🤣 that win was a little more comfortable than were making it sound I feel like haha did we ever have a lead less than 7 after the first like three minutes of the game?

That was the most impressive when I can remember in a long time, and I was hoping the Rams game was not a fluke. This team has got some serious legitimacy and looking at other teams today, I don't think there is any reason we cannot say the bills are a Super Bowl Contender for the AFC

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I really don't think we needed ALL the takeaways 🤣 that win was a little more comfortable than were making it sound I feel like haha did we ever have a lead less than 7 after the first like three minutes of the game?

Ha, after 50 years of following the Bills, I have seen every way to lose imaginable. Massive collapses and freak penalties to freaky plays, etc. I am never comfortable until I see 0:00. Wilson to Metcalf is lethal.  Those hits and turnovers were key, especially Poyer's pick. Wilson is going be one sore guy tomorrow morning. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Ha, after 50 years of following the Bills, I have seen every way to lose imaginable. Massive collapses and freak penalties to freaky plays, etc. I am never comfortable until I see 0:00. Wilson to Metcalf is lethal.  Those hits and turnovers were key, especially Poyer's pick. Wilson is going be one sore guy tomorrow morning. 

I cannot understand how Seattle watched film of teams nickel and diming our defense for weeks and weeks and their gameplan is to come out and hold the ball for some deep routes 🤣🤣 im sure people will say they made better halftime adjustments than us cuz we actually had to punt for once in the third quarter but they really really didn't lol 

39 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why is LA not a signature win though...because they almost came back? Were playing the supposedly mighty nfc west and were 2-0 against arguably the best two teams 

I would call LA a signature win, definitely...

• Like (+1) 1

We all appreciate this - but we need to appreciate it more.

Bledsoe's Bills losing to Pittsburgh's 2nd team when we had a shot to make the playoffs. The Dallas MNF game.  The Losman/Edwards "debate."  The Jauron years, Mularkey, Wiilliams, Gailey.  The Patriots owning us more than any team in history.

We're 7-2, and just had the most quality win a team can have.  I'm drinking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

We all appreciate this - but we need to appreciate it more.

Bledsoe's Bills losing to Pittsburgh's 2nd team when we had a shot to make the playoffs. The Dallas MNF game.  The Losman/Edwards "debate."  The Jauron years, Mularkey, Wiilliams, Gailey.  The Patriots owning us more than any team in history.

We're 7-2, and just had the most quality win a team can have.  I'm drinking.

I'm still doing that too.

• Thank you (+1) 1