Ex wrestler The Iron Sheik <3's Bills Mafia?

brianthomas

Just saw this online. Anyone know what this is about?

I mean i know we're easy to love & all that. Just surprised this ex wrestler from Tehran is tweeting out some love to us.

Didn't know where else to post this, but if anyone knows more about it, i'd appreciate learning about it

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

idk, but my buddies spotted him at an airport and asked him to take a pic w them, and he did. and then he said “Twenty bucks”.

They gave it to him.

Hey, Sheik gotta eat too.

As long as he doesn't go on a rant about making someone humble we are good.  Ha.  Google that if you don't know what I'm talking about. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

I mean i know we're easy to love & all that. Just surprised this ex wrestler from Tehran is tweeting out some love to us.

Didn't know where else to post this, but if anyone knows more about it, i'd appreciate learning about it

Maybe there's a BILLS bar in Tehran??  BYO Burka.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Iron Sheik was awesome!! I heard some real crazy stories about him. One guy said he met him at the bar ended up back at his house the Sheik passed out on his couch. He called his buddy and says dude you will never guess who is out cold on my couch the freaken Iron Sheik! Lol

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, brianthomas said:

The Iron Sheik’s Twitter is run by his managers the Magen brothers who live near Toronto.  Like many of our neighbors to the north, it’s  no surprise that the Magens are Bills fans, eh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The Iron Sheik’s Twitter is run by his managers the Magen brothers who live near Toronto.  Like many of our neighbors to the north, it’s  no surprise that the Magens are Bills fans, eh?

ah that makes sense then. Kinda sucks if thats the case. Would've been cooler had it been the real Sheik & not ran by his managers.

appreciate the info

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Holy chit...I watched him on Sat mornings The Russian Bear, Iron Sheik, Rowdy Roddy, etc. Great memories. 

When I was younger I worked out at a different gym in Tampa, I used to see a lot of these guys. Tampa is the hub for pro wrestling.  I used to spot the British Bulldog, Jim the Anvel Neinhardt.  They actually weren’t bad guys, but juiced to the nth degree.  As long as you didn’t act like a fan and just a guy in the gym, they would be cool.

I haven’t watched wrestling since I was a pre teen, but I used to like Sweet Ebony Diamond and Rick Flair.  “To be the man, you have to Beat the Man, Whoooh”. I think we just did that with NE.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

When I was younger I worked out at a different gym in Tampa, I used to see a lot of these guys. Tampa is the hub for pro wrestling.  I used to spot the British Bulldog, Jim the Anvel Neinhardt.  They actually weren’t bad guys, but juiced to the nth degree.  As long as you didn’t act like a fan and just a guy in the gym, they would be cool.

I haven’t watched wrestling since I was a pre teen, but I used to like Sweet Ebony Diamond and Rick Flair.  “To be the man, you have to Beat the Man, Whoooh”. I think we just did that with NE.

My all time favorite Flair quote, “I just had Loni Anderson and Bo Derek....back to back.....whoooooh!”

I guess the wrestlers  used to stay at the Sheraton (now the Millennium) Hotel.  The hotel abuts the Cheektowaga  Central HS property ( the school owned the land where part of the Galleria is now). In the early to mid 80s a friend's brother saw the Iron Sheik and Sgt. Slaughter  jogging past the classroom on the ground floor.

thanks for that info, i have followed his twitter feed for years and it is really entertaining....as others have said, bit disappointed it's not really him, but i think deep down i always knew that but kind of wanted it to really be him.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:55 PM, JohnNord said:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.