Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

Top 2 corners, best linebacker out. DEs forgetting HS lesson of keeping contain, and a single bad INT by Allen, drops by the WRS, and a really physical football team and a QB who simply doesn’t make mistakes 

and this is what you get

move on, just a blip.

Last thing - I LOVED how Allen responded to his bad INT

• Like (+1) 7

Feely talked about Vrabel holding guys accountable.  That is my biggest criticism of McD.  The stupid penalties keep on coming.  I know we’ve been better this year, but they cannot come back the way they did today as soon as the team faces adversity.  That’s when players must get sharper, not sloppier.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't mind the loss but it's really inexcusable to get blown out of the water by the pandemic team. The Bills looked unprepared and unconditioned which is the exact opposite way this should have gone.

The offense I feel just had an off night. Bad mistakes over and over again that they just haven't made this year. The pass defense on the other hand is a REAL concern. They've been bad all year so of course when our offense has a bad day it turned into a blowout.

The front 7 has been and continues to be the worst part of the team. No pressure isn't going to work with Cam Lewis in the secondary. Edmunds has been totally lost this year. I didn't necessarily think the defense would play as well as they did last year but they've fallen off a cliff. I don't know what would fix it.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 5

I still thought Allen was good.

Boy our Defense looks in trouble. I just didnt see this. DEs and DTs are the core problem, coupled with Edmunds. Just nobody else picking up the slack. Missing savvy leadership. Really missing lorenzo.  

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Absolutely disgusting performance. Injuries or not, defense is terrible. Edmunds is not a starting Linebacker, Beane screwed up with not getting pass rushers, no number 2 CB.

zero rushing game against the worst rushing defense in the league. Singletary is too slow. 

and man oh man I hope Allen doesn’t come back to earth or we’re in big trouble. Looked more like the old josh tonight .

and the coaching staff? Horrible. Zero adjustments 

Absolutely disgusting performance. Injuries or not, defense is terrible. Edmunds is not a starting Linebacker, Beane screwed up with not getting pass rushers, no number 2 CB.

zero rushing game against the worst rushing defense in the league. Singletary is too slow. 

and man oh man I hope Allen doesn’t come back to earth or we’re in big trouble. Looked more like the old josh tonight .

and the coaching staff? Horrible. Zero adjustments 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

What a brutal game. Need some heart on defense and the O-line needs to learn how to run block. Those are the two big ones. The penalties and lack of discipline get a pass from me because we haven’t seen that all season. Hopefully just a bad game.

The line pass blocks very well. They can't open up a hole at all.

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

The defensive line was just rancid this game.  Don't know if the scheme called for Murphy to crash every play, but he did absolutely nothing to hold the edge.

And when is Oliver going to show up?

Hughes too and I think it's absolutely coached...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well, glad that's over. Hopefully, this is the sh*tkicking the defense needs to get it's act together. It seems difficult to convince McDermott that problems exist, but once he seems to get over the hump, he's generally pretty good at resolving them. 

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Don't worry.  The Chiefs are going to put up another 40 next week.  It's about to get uglier

For sure.  The listless Jets will probably find a spark against us after that and then the dreaded beatdown by the Pats.  But hey, 4-0 was cool for a week.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't mind the loss but it's really inexcusable to get blown out of the water by the pandemic team. The Bills looked unprepared and unconditional which is the exact opposite way this should have gone.

The offense I feel just had an off night. Bad mistakes over and over again that they just haven't made this year. The pass defense on the other hand is a REAL concern. They've been bad all night so of course when our offense has a bad day it turned into a blowout.

The front 7 has been and continues to be the worst part of the team. No pressure isn't going to work with Cam Lewis in the secondary. Edmunds has been totally lost this year. I didn't necessarily think the defense would play as well as they did past year but they've fallen off a cliff. I don't know what would fix it.

Looked like they did not want to be there. Titans kept punching them in the mouth and Bills did not punch back. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

I still thought Allen was good.

Boy our Defense looks in trouble. I just didnt see this. DEs and DTs are the core problem, coupled with Edmunds. Just nobody else picking up the slack. Missing savvy leadership. Really missing Alonso.  

Really struggling with our front 4 right now.  Edmunds isn't helping either, but his def line is a big concern

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Eh, even the early 90s Bills teams had the occasional loss like this.  If we lose big to KC as well then I’ll start to be concerned.

Kelly and Co got absolutely destroyed once a year by Pittsburg or KC and STILL went to the Super Bowl.
   This is still a work in progress but I agree the D needs some work and pass rush is a major concern.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay boys, the Purge is on. Have at it. I know some of you haven't vented in a month.

The NFL cheated us...

The Titans are cheaters...

Trannyhill shouldn't be allowed to play like Josh Allen without getting smacked every play

It's past my bedtime...

Wah...

Bah, Humbug

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Well, glad that's over. Hopefully, this is the sh*tkicking the defense needs to get it's act together. It seems difficult to convince McDermott that problems exist, but once he seems to get over the hump, he's generally pretty good at resolving them. 

I would like to believe that but the D has been ass all year and the O just made us gloss over it with their performance.  This team has serious weaknesses unfortunately.

Seriously what’s wrong with Tre White and John Brown?

Why is Murphy on this team? Murphy and Hughes have been great guys on this team. But this is their last year. DE is #1 priority this off season. 

Maybe it is time for Edmunds to play Lorax’s role and get a real thumper in the middle that has more instinctive play ability. CB is 1B priority....

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

One play change this game: Titans conversion of 3rd and 19 in the 2nd quarter. A mirror of the Houston playoff game last year. .... why so passive when you have a chance to stomp them? .... that play epitomized the Bills this game, passive and unable to execute. 

that and the defensive red zone timeout that always leads to a TD to the other team.

Those are glaringly big weaknesses this staff has not been able to fix on defense 

Defense - Awful. No need to further explain this. Has been pretty bad in the previous games but this was unacceptable.

Special teams - A couple of good punts, but Roberts fumbled and Titans had a really long punt return.

Offense - Not very good, but not the main reason we lost. looked much worse than previous games though.

This game was like a really foul bowel movement. Get it all out at once and then start anew, fresh and hungry. So many unnecessary blunders. Penalties, fumbles, wrong routes, interceptions, drops. They all looked like graduates from clown college today.

I also don't understand how that last TD could stand. Didn't even think it was close.

If Josh gets his mojo and John Brown back the game against the Chiefs might set some sort of scoring record.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just as a reminder. Josh Norman and Taron Johnson have no business starting in the NFL. AJ Klein and Dodson are backups for a reason. 

Bills D actually did a nice job on Henry.  But the struggles against Brown, Jonnu and Tannehill were predictable. 

the only real disappointment defensively was the play of the DEs, which I thought was terrible in a mental mistakes kind of way