Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

It was a real bad start (and end) courtesy Roberts but the main inflection point of the game was that unconscionable defense called on 3rd and 19 where the Bills decided to defend the LOS and the goal line and not the 40 yards between them. Frazier's calls were mostly terrible all day.

Hughes seems to freelance an awful lot for a guy who accomplishes so little.

Coaching let Josh down too, the Titans were stacking their DB's on levels and having the short guys undercut the deeper routes. Several times in the first half it confused Allen and he threw into it and was fortunate not to get picked. Instead of having him watch out for it on a halftime adjustment, he threw right into it again on the second big inflection point of the game, leading to 28-10 instead of 21-17.

The Edmunds experiment at Mike is not working out.

The OLine experiment of revolving guards is not working out.

The DLine experiment of thinking they have NFL ends is not working out.

I gotta say the pass pro is spectacular. For real. I’ve never seen a Bills QB with this much time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

What a brutal game. Need some heart on defense and the O-line needs to learn how to run block. Those are the two big ones. The penalties and lack of discipline get a pass from me because we haven’t seen that all season. Hopefully just a bad game.

If we don't call Alexander tomorrow I will be pissed.  D HAS 0 HEART. 

• Like (+1) 1

Out of this, I think we can say, McD is not a Coach of the year Candidate, his time management and game management have not improved.

Edmunds is a bust, let him play out 4th year or better yet, trade him.

Milano, by far the biggest key to this D, sad because he’s just a good player.

Hyde, washed up.

There is a lot of Money spent across this line and not a lot of talent left.  

Db is thin.

JA is not quite as polished as he looked bs garbage D’s, he really cost us this game with that last pick.  Not real worried about him, still looks good.

RB is not a set position, go grab Bell if it’s viable

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This is why you don’t take your opponent’s lightly, under any circumstances.   Everyone and their mom picked the Bills to win in a route.   I had a strong feeling the Titans would come out and play well, but not that well.   Our defense needs to get their act straight, otherwise this will happen weekly.  

I don't think the Bills took the Titans lightly.  We got jerked around all week having to prepare for two opponents and having the schedule changed multiple times to accommodate a team that purposely broke rules and the league backed them up and instructed the broadcasters to kiss their butts all night.  We were also missing two big pieces on D and one on O and got ourselves in a hole with a drop by a receiver that would not ordinarily have been in the game plan.  

A game like like this is part of the growth process for any team that wants to climb the ladder.  I'm still confident we will but this won't be the last bad game.  I definitely want to play the Titans in the playoffs.  100%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Behindenemylines said:

Still see us 11-5 or 12-6 but jeez this was ugly.  Hopefully puts everyone on notice and they get some urgency. 

frazier better button things up and damn fast or my predictions goto he$$ quickly  

There is no way we go 12-6

• Haha (+1) 2

That was simply embarrassing.

Roberts had a nightmare. Allen his worst game of the season. The D was hopeless without White and Milano. All of a sudden, our WRs can't hold on to the football.

A whole bunch of stupid penalties, mostly when we really didn't need them.

Best scenario, we've put all the garbage out in one go.

We need better depth at CB and LBer, simple as. Hopefully Beane will come up with something, and soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Hot take: Edmunds is tearing himself down.

it looked like Josh was having a real hard time lifting Edmunds up at the end of that game.

Edmunds is not playing up to his own standards. Self awareness is great so long as it aids the process of getting better.

He needs to play the Lorax role. Off the edge, stunting etc... but great ability to drop in coverage....

His instinct and ability to get small and shoot the gap just isn’t part of his game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the injuries I can accept a loss in this game.  But the way the team played, sloppy, mistake after mistake, and our d got exploited badly shows me the better coaches were on the other side of the field.

Bad scheme, no adjustment, and not focussed.  Seen this too many times from clappy.  Hope he proves me wrong in 6 days 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

Out of this, I think we can say, McD is not a Coach of the year Candidate, his time management and game management have not improved.

Edmunds is a bust, let him play out 4th year or better yet, trade him.

Milano, by far the biggest key to this D, sad because he’s just a good player.

Hyde, washed up.

There is a lot of Money spent across this line and not a lot of talent left.  

Db is thin.

JA is not quite as polished as he looked bs garbage D’s, he really cost us this game with that last pick.  Not real worried about him, still looks good.

RB is not a set position, go grab Bell if it’s viable

I'm all for bell and agree on safties.  Hyde and poyer were invisible again. 

Just now, Behindenemylines said:

Still see us 11-5 or 12-6 but jeez this was ugly.  Hopefully puts everyone on notice and they get some urgency. 

frazier better button things up and damn fast or my predictions goto he$$ quickly  

I can't take you seriously after seeing your math skills

• Haha (+1) 3