Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

5 minutes ago, 97bills said:

And got destroyed in the super bowl those 90” teams got out coach and beat down in all 4. I mean dang got beat by a 2 string QB in the first one. 

They didn’t get destroyed in the first one, they got out coached and lost on a FG😉

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He needs to play the Lorax role. Off the edge, stunting etc... but great ability to drop in coverage....

His instinct and ability to get small and shoot the gap just isn’t part of his game.

That starts with his coaches putting him in his natural role...ive been saying edmunds needs to slide to the olb and he would be a playmaker

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I may have been the only one on the planet that wanted DK Metcalf over Oliver...But I stand by that...Oliver was very good in Collage, but you have to be awfully special to play DT at that size in the NFL. And so far he's underachieved. I think if he was part of a MUCH better overall D-Line group he would be more effective. But he's not someone you can build around IMHO.

The Bills better get serious about that position in the off season because Oliver needs some help to be able to play an effective game at NFL 3-Tech...And the bunch they have in there now is not good enough...And WAY too light...

Problem is they need help at DE too...

Ed has been underwhelming for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lol the titans broke covid protocol, but now it's getting spinned as if they got a raw deal and had to overcome all the odds. They did that to themselves, they caused these games to be moved by not giving a crap about rules to protect themselves. Wow but after this win there hero's.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I hope you are right but the D has been pretty bad all year.

Yes they have.  The mix isn't right.  Seems like Beane mighta missed on this one, and we didn't see it coming either.  Guess I'll eat crow and wish upon a Starr.

2 minutes ago, 97bills said:

And got destroyed in the super bowl those 90” teams got out coach and beat down in all 4. I mean dang got beat by a 2 string QB in the first one. 

I liked those seasons a hell of a lot better than 2000-2016.  Fans can get spoiled and take competitive teams for granted... I don't do it anymore.  We've got a good team this year, they just played a bad game against another good team.

As for Ichabod Hostetler, he was the beneficiary of Otis Anderson, their offensive line, and the Giants (Belichik) defense.  The Bills were only blown out in two of those Super Bowls.  As much as I hated the ending of Super Bowl XXV, that was one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

• Like (+1) 1

I am still really confused how Roger Goodell has yet to make a public statement on the Titans but told the CBS crew that Tennessee did nothing wrong. 

Their GM admitted they weren’t wearing masks properly. Their players admitted guilt in some way, shape or form when it came to practicing when the facility was shut down and they were told not to gather. 

It doesn’t change the fact we sucked tonight, but all of a sudden the NFL is making the Titans out to be an underdog who fought through all kinds of unintentional adversity. 

It was self inflicted and now it’s being swept under the rug. 

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Makes sense, considering they need help on defense.  Good thinking

Yes they p do but there isn’t a defensive player available that’s going to help this team right now. The Bills need about 3 playmakers on defense at cb, lb and dl. They will have to out score teams the rest of the way and Bell can help in that area. I really like Motor but the team could use an explosive back. 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeldon actually had 7 carries for 52 yards and he rides the pine every week.

Yeldon was way more effective than Singletary.  He also picks up rushers extremely well for the passing game.  

• Like (+1) 4