Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

Any given Tuesday, right? 

Never got off the plane. I’m not going to overreact too bad. We had a helluva start. We were bound to hit a rough patch at some point. 

With that said I’m completely baffled by this defense. Even with the starters they had out tonight, they’ve been playing like poo. Gone from no margin of error on defense to none on offense. 

Just now, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Is it just me or is Edmonds the softest mlb you’ve ever seen for a guy his size. Get ******* ugly man!

And for a guy with pretty amazing speed for his position he is consistently a step slow to the ball carrier when he has a chance to make a play...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Is it just me or is Edmonds the softest mlb you’ve ever seen for a guy his size. Get ******* ugly man!

He definitely is and should be moved but the way he plays I think he will be a liability anywhere you put him. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was a real bad start (and end) courtesy Roberts but the main inflection point of the game was that unconscionable defense called on 3rd and 19 where the Bills decided to defend the LOS and the goal line and not the 40 yards between them. Frazier's calls were mostly terrible all day.

Hughes seems to freelance an awful lot for a guy who accomplishes so little.

Coaching let Josh down too, the Titans were stacking their DB's on levels and having the short guys undercut the deeper routes. Several times in the first half it confused Allen and he threw into it and was fortunate not to get picked. Instead of having him watch out for it on a halftime adjustment, he threw right into it again on the second big inflection point of the game, leading to 28-10 instead of 21-17.

The Edmunds experiment at Mike is not working out.

The OLine experiment of revolving guards is not working out.

The DLine experiment of thinking they have NFL ends is not working out.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow…what a cluster*****.

You know, I figured they’d have a game where they came out flat, the bounces when the other way and they lost.  But the longer this game went on, the more disgusting it became because of the way it went bad.

The worst of the worst:

The pre-snap penalties – what in the hell was happening with that?  And at the worst times;  taking points off the scoreboard, extending Titan drives that were about to end.  Zero discipline.

Coverage on the first punt – that was all on the coverage team….looked like a HS team all running to the middle of the field.  That cost them points.

3d and 20….quick pass right up the middle as the safties both retreated to 30 yards downfield.  Didn’t we figure that one out in the playoff game last year?   That cost them points.

Roughing the passer….that cost 4 points turning an FG into a TD

Jerry Hughes and whoever else had contain responsibility on the right side of the offense.  Tannehill looked like Lamar Jackson out there….just embarrassing.

The just generally bad:

The pass rush was non-existent.

The drops.  Diggs had a bunch of catches but wasn’t his finest performance.

Josh was inaccurate all night.  Sure he hit a bunch of five yard passes to Beasley and Diggs, and the TD to Yeldon was a good throw but he was lucky to only have two picks.  Stop reading your press clippings and get back to work Josh.

Roberts stunk.  Bad returns, fumble, partially at fault for first INT.

The not horrible:

OL provided good protection all night

RBs were ok when they needed to be

Josh squeaked out just enough fantasy points to get me a win.

I didn’t expect a packed highlight film every week, but there wasn’t one tonight, in any phase of the game.  Not one.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 5

Just now, Iverwig said:

He definitely is and should be moved but the way he plays I think he will be a liability anywhere you put him. 

He does seem to suck.  For my money Milano is the man.  He is always around the ball and making plays.  Edmunds is like a giant toddler.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StevieJohnsonGOAT said:

Fire Leslie Frazier. 

I honestly think this is beyond Frazier, and a lack of defense line talent.

We've seen mcdermott step in before, as needed, to make adjustments.  But nothing is working right now.  They might need to consider a trade or adjusting to a more blitz heavy team.

God, who would have thought that fans from a blue collar town could dribble down their legs after one loss and be such weenies.  It's embarassing.   Flush this game, move on and grow a set.  Team is 4-1.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2