Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm starting to wonder. I thought for sure after today's positives the game would be cancelled. But if the Titans need 2 days of practice they could conceivably move the game to Monday or even Tuesday and then reschedule the Bills/Chiefs game to Sunday. Whether the Titans game is played or not I don't see how our TNF game will happen. Wouldn't be fair to the Chiefs if we get a bye week before the game.

So the league has NO TNF next week is what you're saying. I can't see how the league would allow that. Too much $$$ involved. 

TN is going to have to forfeit, book it!

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Memo sent to teams October 1st said there was no team gatherings allowed if their facility was shut down due to Covid.

this alleged practice some Titans players held was on sept 30th

wonder if this gets the off the hook

Off the hook for what? the first time they broke the protocol or the second time (after they were told they could not in any way organize for team activities) and then broke the protocol again?

Or are you just referring to the timing of the memo and when they held practice? 

I doubt that was the only practice they held whether it be a day later or a week later that the memo came out, they were previously told when the facilities were shut down that no in person team activities were allowed at the time of shut down.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Josh still getting no love for MVP on NFL total access. Russ and Rodgers I get. It’s arguable. But no one else should be higher than Allen through 4 games. Not even Mahomes. Tie between Russ, Rodgers, and Allen. We’ll see if our boy can hang with those heavyweights all year long. 

WHO CARES ABOUT MVP 

so pointless. Lamar won it last season and got embarrassed in the playoffs. wish fans would stop putting all this pressure on Allen 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Chiefs @ Bills is a money game. The league can't move other games to Thursday and whoever is carrying it will be PISSED if they lose that primetime game. 

I think it’s the first Thursday game on Fox as well. Agree just don’t see that game getting moved. 

So weird coincidence I just noticed if we do play the Titans(and I mean how is that realistic) it will be not only the 3rd year in a row that we've played them, but 3rd year in a row that we've played them in week 5.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So weird coincidence I just noticed if we do play the Titans(and I mean how is that realistic) it will be not only the 3r year in a row that we've played them, but 3rd year in a row that we've played them in week 5.

I'm smelling a conspiracy. 

alens.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So weird coincidence I just noticed if we do play the Titans(and I mean how is that realistic) it will be not only the 3r year in a row that we've played them, but 3rd year in a row that we've played them in week 5.

I remember wondering about that when the schedule dropped but not looking to confirm. We went 2-0 the other 2 right?

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm starting to wonder. I thought for sure after today's positives the game would be cancelled. But if the Titans need 2 days of practice they could conceivably move the game to Monday or even Tuesday and then reschedule the Bills/Chiefs game to Sunday. Whether the Titans game is played or not I don't see how our TNF game will happen. Wouldn't be fair to the Chiefs if we get a bye week before the game.

I think the reason it hasn’t been moved or canceled yet is because they truly don’t “require” two days of practice. The pats, for example,  are only practicing one day (Friday) and doing everything else remotely. The other piece is that they play at home. One big factor for the pats/chiefs game being moved was due to the pats having to travel. I expect we will know by Friday at the latest. 

that said, I think “fairness” across the board is going to be impossible to achieve if the nfl wants a season. The chiefs having to play  a team off of a bye week isnt egregious

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

a bye week with a W to boot?   awesome.  take it and run.  no one will remember in 3 months... every team will probably take one or two of these b4 its all over

Obviously beating the Titans would be preferred. But if this game has to be cancelled it should be a forfeit since there will be no way of making it up.

15 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

a bye week with a W to boot?   awesome.  take it and run.  no one will remember in 3 months... every team will probably take one or two of these b4 its all over

I know who I'm picking in my survivor pool!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

WHO CARES ABOUT MVP 

so pointless. Lamar won it last season and got embarrassed in the playoffs. wish fans would stop putting all this pressure on Allen 

Coaches, players, family, peers, media, and (some) fans care. Why wouldn’t you want to be recognized as being the best (or one of the best) at your position? Of course super bowl is the goal and the only thing that truly matters. Ask any player that has won the MVP and they’d gladly turn it over for a Lombardi. We get that, but it doesn’t mean the MVP award is of little value. It would be the ultimate bird flip to anyone that ever doubted Josh. We should all hope to see that. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

WHO CARES ABOUT MVP 

Who cares about mvp.  I agree 

fans putting pressure on JA?  That’s a stretch 

10 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Still on for Sunday just limited practice time for Titans 

Along with losing their 1st round pick in 2021, the Titans playing the Bills on Sunday severely shorthanded should be the penalty.

That's bearing no more positives from the Titans, of course.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH?? Still no League decision on the Titans game?? 

I bet they are giving the Titans one more chance to not produce any positives.

If this happens, their penalty will be playing the Bills severely handicapped.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is the likely reason. If no positives tomorrow and contact tracing shows Davis got it from Humphries / Batson - they can potentially still hv the game.

Normally with another positive result, the clock is reset and there should be no chance of the Titans game being played on Sunday. And there is no way to move it to Monday since Bills play TNF. So why hasn’t the league cancelled the game yet (forfeit postponed etc.)?

I believe there is still a chance this game will go on. And strangely enough, if the new positive tests can be traced to the Titans’ players breaking protocol and getting together, and there have been no more such instances except the one on Sep 29, the game might still go on.

1. Corey Davis WR is the new positive result today. Most likely he was at the Tannehill organized workout at MBA on Sep 29 after the Titans closed their facility. He is a key offensive player and it was an Offense organized practice.Two other Offensive players tested positive on October 2 - WR Adam Humphries and WR Cameron Batson (PS). I am going to assume these 2 guys were infected in the first wave.

2. The key question is were Humphries and Batson at the unauthorized practice on Sep 29? If they were, that is likely where Davis got infected and tested positive 7 days later (post incubation).

3. The Titans were likely warned against unauthorized get together only on Oct 1 and likely did not get together after Sep 29 (I am guessing here)

4. The get together was outdoors and likelihood of infection was low (because of viral loads etc.).

5. If the Titans have not gotten together after Sep 29 (and that is a big IF),  no one else was likely infected at that get together (it will be 9 days tomorrow).

6. This is why contact tracing is so important. If the source of Davis’ infection was Humphries or Davis and there has been no contact between Titans players afterSep 29, the game can still go on (sans any player who tested positive of course).

7. I can understand McD and the Bills players being a bit wary - but I just listened to an authority of viral loads who says risk of game time infection from an opponent is minimal - which is evidenced by all Vikings players testing negative after the Titans game. He also believes the risk for Mahomes getting infected from Gilmore is very small.

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Exactly....no surprise the NFL is dragging their feet on making a decision.

IMO, this whole situation is becoming more unfair to the Bills than it is to the Titans....they are the ones who didn't follow the protocols, yet the Bills are the ones dealing with uncertainty if the game will be played, or if the game is played, the uncertainty of whether or not they will get sick because they have to play a game against a bunch of morons who obviously haven't been following the rules for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

IMO, this whole situation is becoming more unfair to the Bills than it is to the Titans....they are the ones who didn't follow the protocols, yet the Bills are the ones dealing with uncertainty if the game will be played, or if the game is played, the uncertainty of whether or not they will get sick because they have to play a game against a bunch of morons who obviously haven't been following the rules for a long time.

Well, I am not so sure the Bills are going to be at any disadvantage if the game is played Sunday.  Fact is, until they are told differently, the Bills have to prepare to play the Titans as if it is any normal week.  We have no control over what the NFL decides to do,  So, the Bills practiced today, and will tomorrow and Friday as if they are playing the game on Sunday.  If things change, they will turn their attention immediately to the Chiefs.

The only way the Bills can be put at a disadvantage here is if the NFL moves the game to later in the season and they allow all the players that are on the list currently to play the Bills down the road if they are healthy.  Fact is, whoever is medically disqualified from playing this week should not get to play against the Bills later in the season if the game is rescheduled.  You can't reward a team by letting them get all their players back because they are stupid enough to disobey NFL protocols.  They made their bed.  Field a healthy team for Sunday or forfeit.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Special K said:

Completely agree. What good is film study if they don’t have those guys to run certain plays? How does anyone know if there won’t be more Covid casualties after practicing against the rules?

This is quickly getting out of control.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

The whole situation also becomes more complicated when one team misses consecutive games on the schedule IMO. I think you start having to think about stetching the season out a couple weeks for make up games.

Interesting thought....

So no, its no surprise the NFL is dragging their feet on how to proceed.