Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their ability to play in 3 days is irrelevant. Their ability to put out a roster that does not infect their opponent should be the top concern. From the sounds of it, sounds like it is also McD’s. 

The Titans could derail the league by playing this week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, scribo said:

The CBL says the players need the opportunity to practice for two days before a game. Not sure if there is a way around that.

Apparently there is. Pats are doing it, at least as of now. 

4 minutes ago, scribo said:

I disagree with Oct. 1. Right in the beginning of Vrabel's Oct. 1 press conference, he says he just "reminded" the team to "not gather." Words matter. He said "reminded" not "informed," the word he did use on other aspects of what he had told the team that day. They were already informed of that team direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owtZl5eso2Q

The letter with the directive was dated 10/1. Players are saying there was nothing in writing or anything saying what to do if they had a game and couldn’t get in the facility. Game wasn’t cancelled until later in week. So they found a loophole. Still stupid and reckless, but doubt they are suspended 

What real assurance do the Bills (or the league) really have that proper protocol has been followed in the past week? NONE. With yet another one or two positives today, that is at least an indication that prohibited gatherings took place beyond the now infamous Sept. 30 practice.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

On to Kansas City. Might as well start that thread up.

Let’s hope so. Would be best for all involved. Let the suits in the league office decide when it is played, but this weekend seems irresponsible.  

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

The CBL says the players need the opportunity to practice for two days before a game. Not sure if there is a way around that.

Yes, I'm truly confused.  This is what someone said.....Was it @JGMcD2?  Then at the beginning of this thread, @YoloinOhio said "the titans need to go two consecutive days with no new positive tests in order to re-open their facility by Wednesday, which is the last possible day they can start practicing in order to play on Sunday"

Yolo, where did that info come from, if now we're hearing they could still play?

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

How concrete is that? I was under the impression that they were given a “don’t gather” order when the facilities shut down, and then the league included language in the 10/1 memo so that it would be consistent- if facilities are closed, teams aren’t to meet.

That is my understanding as well - that the Titans were told not to gather outside the facility WHEN the facility was shut down,  but the memo came out leaguewide Oct 1.

But as noted above there seems to be a lot of confusion about these matters.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, I'm truly confused.  This is what someone said.....Was it @JGMcD2?  Then at the beginning of this thread, @YoloinOhio said "the titans need to go two consecutive days with no new positive tests in order to re-open their facility by Wednesday, which is the last possible day they can start practicing in order to play on Sunday"

Yolo, where did that info come from, if now we're hearing they could still play?

That was stated earlier in the week (possibly Sunday) about the titans timeline. I will have to look to see who said it. However, it appears quite fluid. My head hurts 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was stated earlier in the week (possibly Sunday) about the titans timeline. I will have to look to see who said it. However, it appears quite fluid. My head hurts 

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who is confused.

It's "stand and deliver" time for the doctors in charge of the NFL's infection control plan.  With positive tests continuing and with confirmation that the Titans met at least once outside the facility (thus further exposure), are they truly so very confident that 2 days of negative tests would mean the Titans are clear?   If they are placing Bills coaches and players at risk of infection...Bills could then become infectious JUST IN TIME to play the league darling Chiefs.

There must be a giant collision between "we must keep the schedule going and the revenue flowing in!  don't cancel!" with "consider the consequences if we don't cut this off here, with one team"

• Like (+1) 2

Regardless of what happens with this week's game, I really hope the league comes down hard on Tennessee.  Fine the owner, fine the coaching staff, fine every player who attended that practice, and take away multiple draft picks.  The league needs to strongly discourage other teams from pulling this *****.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the NFL will postpone the Bills game for now, on to Kansas City,  the league will figure out the Titans situation.

As for any final conclusions about the Titans game, they'll postpone and see where it goes, may not even need to make it up or the league assigns a forfeit at the end to have the games add up to 16.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So Pats, Chiefs and Raiders all negative today.  Titans continue to test positive. 

The Titans have massively screwed up the protocols.  They need to be punished.

The NFL has to be absolutely livid. They are ruining their image as far as how they are handing the virus, because they put protocols in place to have a season and they were ignored. It’s a horrible look from the titans.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

So, you are against the league taking their time to make a huge decision like this?

What benefit will it have for anyone if they made it yesterday compared to say, today or tomorrow?

It just looks like tough talk but no actual will to follow through. They keep bringing up the "F" word but I doubt they'll actually do it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is my understanding as well - that the Titans were told not to gather outside the facility WHEN the facility was shut down,  but the memo came out leaguewide Oct 1.

But as noted above there seems to be a lot of confusion about these matters.

From reporter Paul Kuharsky:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So Pats, Chiefs and Raiders all negative today.  Titans continue to test positive. 

The Titans have massively screwed up the protocols.  They need to be punished.

I generally agree. I’m not sure they need to make a final decision on what skipping this game means though. I don’t think the league has to commit to week 18, forfeit, win%, etc. 

The league does absolutely need to cancel playing it this week and call further decision “pending”

16 minutes ago, scribo said:

What real assurance do the Bills (or the league) really have that proper protocol has been followed in the past week? NONE. With yet another one or two positives today, that is at least an indication that prohibited gatherings took place beyond the now infamous Sept. 30 practice.

Not really. It's certainly possible that's the case, but the virus takes up to around 14 days to incubate and that practice was 8 or 9 days ago so it's entirely possible people are still testing positive from exposure that occurred prior to that practice.

Which also points to the fact that it's irresponsible that the Pats-Chiefs game for example was played this past week and will be irresponsible if the Titans play this week. There's a pretty high likelihood that if it's played, it will be played with players that have the virus spreading it to other players, much like was the case with Gilmore against the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From reporter Paul Kuharsky:

Yep. They did it at least twice, looks like different position groups.  There has been some early reporting that there were discrepancies in the contact tracing data.  Wondering if the players down there took off their bracelets so as not to have their location known.

I think this game had to be cancelled at this point but I really am against giving the Bills a forfeited win at this point. Yes, they broke the rules but no team signed up for a season where one team gains an advantage by getting a free win. No team signed up for forfeited wins.

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

we can definitely say the NFL has handled this situation worse than any other pro sports league 

the wealthiest league in the world looks like it has no idea how to handle this...embarrassing 

I disagree, and I'm no apologist for the league, Baseball had a problem with the Marlins and Cardinals. How they handle the Titans is the biggest question yet to be determined. Still salavageable as one team of lunkheads caused the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Not really. It's certainly possible that's the case, but the virus takes up to around 14 days to incubate and that practice was 8 or 9 days ago so it's entirely possible people are still testing positive from exposure that occurred prior to that practice.

Which also points to the fact that it's irresponsible that the Pats-Chiefs game for example was played this past week and will be irresponsible if the Titans play this week. There's a pretty high likelihood that if it's played, it will be played with players that have the virus spreading it to other players, much like was the case with Gilmore against the Chiefs.

That hasn’t happened, at least not yet. No chiefs or pats have tested positive. And he flew home on a plane afterward.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

we can definitely say the NFL has handled this situation worse than any other pro sports league 

the wealthiest league in the world looks like it has no idea how to handle this...embarrassing 

I disagree. I think the NFL has a lot of great protocols in place...and why we have seen very minimal spread of this easily spreadable virus. The breakdown happens when INDIVIDUALS choose not to follow those protocols. I don't fault the NFL for that.

However, they likely SHOULD HAVE built in shared bye weeks for all teams to make up games that would be cancelled, inevitably. But overall I think they have done a good job. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I think you have to look at the top here

. Mike Vrabel strikes me as a guy who doesnt  care about protocol .  Look back to draft night at his house, a clown show.

Meat. head. 

Ummmm Bills might not be too interested in a forfeit or cancellation knowing this 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That hasn’t happened, at least not yet. No chiefs or pats have tested positive. And he flew home on a plane afterward.

It already happened though. It's pretty much a 100% chance Gilmore had the virus when he played this past week. He just hadn't tested positive yet because that's how the virus works. The NFL doesn't care about sick players playing as long as they don't have evidence that they knew they were sick.

Edit: Playing the game with a player that has it has happened. I assume you mean that it hasn't spread to others from that game yet, which we won't know for another week or so.

Edited by DCOrange