Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Do we really want a forfeit “W” in the win column for the Bills?

If they can play the game safely then yes I want them to play. I don't want a forfeit win. As a Bills fan I want to watch the Bills play. Besides its much better to earn a win than get a cheap forfeit win.

No offense intended, I just  don’t get people worried about why a decision hasn’t been made yet... if the bills prepare for the game up until stepping on the plane, only for it to be canceled, they’re not really losing anything. If there’s a chance to play (which it seems there is) obviously it makes sense to wait and see. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Why wouldn’t it be safe? If we get clean tests from now to Sunday it’s a pretty good indicator that the outbreak is ramping down... to me at least, that seems safer than teams playing when they have just one positive test shortly before the game. 

Yup.  You can never be 100% certain.  

We could very well play the Titans on Sunday, and they have zero issues moving forward.  Meanwhile, we played a clean team last Sunday, and a guy who played 35 snaps and hugged our QB after the game tested positive the next day.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m still confused on this timeline...

Todays results are Wednesday’s tests (which we haven’t seen yet). Tomorrow’s results are Today’s tests. Wouldn’t we know tomorrow AM if they have b2b negative test days and they can practice Friday?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

No offense intended, I just  don’t get people worried about why a decision hasn’t been made yet... if the bills prepare for the game up until stepping on the plane, only for it to be canceled, they’re not really losing anything. If there’s a chance to play (which it seems there is) obviously it makes sense to wait and see. 

It's more anxiety. I want to see the Bills hit 5-0 this week. Not next week.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

People are just anxious to know. Its an exciting time to be a bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

If it does get cancelled or postponed then the Bills will have a big advantage over the Chiefs. Eleven days between games vs a team that is playing 2 games in 4 days and has to travel. I hope they do play the Titans though.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m still confused on this timeline...

Todays results are Wednesday’s tests (which we haven’t seen yet). Tomorrow’s results are Today’s tests. Wouldn’t we know tomorrow AM if they have b2b negative test days and they can practice Friday?

Yes, the way they word it (and the timing of the tests) does make it confusing.  They need back to back clean days and then can return the NEXT day.  But since that day a test (from the previous day) comes back early in the day, if it comes back with a positive they have to cancel that day.  So, it's really three days.  Earlier this week is an example.  The Titans had no positive tests on Mon or Tue, and were cleared to return to practice on Wednesday.  But when Wednesday's test came back, they cancelled the practice that had been previously cleared.

4 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Has an NFL team ever played a game with one practice or no practices in the modern era? With all the injuries they got and people subbing for other people I wonder how discombobulated they will look.

Pats are playing Sunday with one full practice (tomorrow) . 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pats are playing Sunday with one full practice (tomorrow) . 

Yea but their advance scout team got their signals 2 weeks ago so they should be ready to go.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

One part of this whole secret, prohibited practice that's not being discussed loud enough: QB Ryan Tannehill organized it! The headmaster of the school at which they practiced has sadi exactly that on the record. If they can play the game, Tannehill, at the very least, should not be allowed to suit up. If Vrabel was a standup guy, he'd announce that now. As for the question highlighted in the tweet below, Vrabel is on film in an Oct. 1 press conference saying he told the entire team to stay apart two days earlier. Clear cut.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I can't believe they still haven't made a decision. I get the sense the league is going to plow ahead and are crossing their fingers there's no more positive tests. Is that safe?

They can’t make a decision yet, too early. 

1 minute ago, scribo said:

One part of this whole secret, prohibited practice that's not being discussed loud enough: QB Ryan Tannehill organized it! The headmaster of the school at which they practiced has sadi exactly that on the record. If they can play the game, Tannehill, at the very least, should not be allowed to suit up. If Vrabel was a standup guy, he'd announce that now. As for the question highlighted in the tweet below, Vrabel is on film in an Oct. 1 press conference saying he told the entire team to stay apart two days earlier. Clear cut.

The answer to that question is October 1st

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, they played Monday night, film review/ no practice Tuesday, closed yesterday and today. All remote.

Ah you are right, for some reason I thought they were practicing the day they found out about Gilmore and sent everyone home.

7 minutes ago, scribo said:

Anyone who violated the rules should be suspended for our game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, scribo said:

Correct. If a positive test comes up today, the decision is made for them.

Not necessarily, one of the media tweets above said the NFL would consider making them play without having facilities access Saturday meaning that timeline, if there was a positive today, would be Friday and Saturday no positives and game on Sunday. Are the Bills going to be held hostage on this up until Sunday?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And we're out.  On to KC ....  It better not be from folks who went out practicing..  Or this could go on for days...

Edited by wjag
biwt

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How concrete is that? I was under the impression that they were given a “don’t gather” order when the facilities shut down, and then the league included language in the 10/1 memo so that it would be consistent- if facilities are closed, teams aren’t to meet.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I disagree with Oct. 1. Right in the beginning of Vrabel's Oct. 1 press conference, he says he just "reminded" the team to "not gather." Words matter. He said "reminded" not "informed," the word he did use on other aspects of what he had told the team that day. They were already informed of that team direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owtZl5eso2Q

• Like (+1) 1

Make the forfeit the Steelers and Bills games and switch the schedule back to what it was originally. Some may say its unfair for the rest of the AFC but clearly a statement needs to be made. NFL needs to lay down the hammer. Absolute recklessness

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm so confused, I thought per CBA they needed 2 practices before a game?  Can the players waive that?

Is the original info wrong?

I think there must be flexibility this year. obviously, the Bills went through this during the snowstorm with all remote practices as well a few years ago. Game not cancelled or postponed more than 1 day. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Not necessarily, one of the media tweets above said the NFL would consider making them play without having facilities access Saturday meaning that timeline, if there was a positive today, would be Friday and Saturday no positives and game on Sunday. Are the Bills going to be held hostage on this up until Sunday?

The CBL says the players need the opportunity to practice for two days before a game. Not sure if there is a way around that.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I freaking hate how stupid that whole titans organization is.

So Pats, Chiefs and Raiders all negative today.  Titans continue to test positive. 

The Titans have massively screwed up the protocols.  They need to be punished.

• Like (+1) 4