Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, scribo said:

Move Tennessee to Tuesday. Move Kansas City to Sunday night.

This is the move.  If Titans stay a dumpster fire, make them practice virtually and play with whoever they have left on Tuesday.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

“Really ugly?” I mean, yeah, it’s not good, but 4 players out of 2,000+ isn’t exactly “really ugly” territory—because if it is, then what would we term, say, 200 players testing positive?

Super ugly?

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Assuming that there will be other teams heavily impacted at some point, the league should just add a Week 18. Using the bye week for insurance is not enough. What happens if Pittsburgh, for example, has to have another game postponed or changed even though they had no positive tests?

I think we may be headed that way. It’s the most “logical” thing. It may not be fair that some teams need to play the week in between the playoffs, but this was never going to be a “fair” season 

Just now, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I reject that if only because I believe Tennessee is at fault here and cancelling the game makes them appear to be a blameless party to a tragedy.

Right, if the league finds they weren’t following protocol they may hand them an L. Not sure if they did indeed find proof of that 

As much as I’d like to play this game if they can find an alternative date. Barring that what else do you do?  it should be forfeited, cancelled . It keeps the league moving forward without going crazy. It seems that even one or two positives per team has shown the ability to continue to play on..I mean if we are  talking  about an asterisk season well the pats already down a game as their starting qb couldn’t play. It’s just the reality of this year. . Right now this whole mess is pretty much a half a roster on one team.

I would hate to win a game by forfeit but a simple cancellation is unacceptable.  No matter how you rationalize it, the bottom line is that the Titans continue to keep having players come back infected.  A cancellation could have playoff implications that put the Bills at a potential disadvantage.  I'm sorry, but if there is a choice between the two it has to be a forfeit. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

ShillParcells (@ParcellsShill) Tweeted:

@NFL_DovKleiman https://t.co/2hcXM6Unv2

Bet they are not happy in KC right now either...  

Ei-chi-wa-wa..  Pretty soon we are going to progress to the place where  teams just leave the field. No hand shakes or fist bumps or fights..

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, if the league finds they weren’t following protocol they may hand them an L. Not sure if they did indeed find proof of that 

At this stage, it doesn't matter if they are to blame or not.  It's their players that continue to keep getting infected and a cancellation potentially puts Buffalo at a disadvantage in playoff scenarios.

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Why is it so hard to play the Titans on Monday or Tuesday, then move the chiefs to Saturday or Sunday? That seems like an incredibly easy fix, as long as all other tests are negative

It’s certainly an option. If titans can get in facility to practice by Saturday. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Magox said:

At this stage, it doesn't matter if they are to blame or not.  It's their players that continue to keep getting infected and a cancellation potentially puts Buffalo at a disadvantage in playoff scenarios.

If the game is cancelled they have no choice but award a forfeit...    They are going to try everything to get the game played though...  the chance that it get cancelled and not rescheduled is almost zero.    

Don't see how this puts at us a disadvantage??   they cant let one team play 15 games and the rest play 16.  NEVER going to happen.