Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Yeah, if the Titans broke protocols and this "informal" practice really happened, then **** 'em.  They should forfeit and I'll happily accept it.

If a forfeit happens for Buffalo one needs to happen for the Steelers.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

5-0 feels pretty good, even with an asterisk. 

Well...

Notexcited Not Into It GIF - Notexcited NotIntoIt Confetti - Discover &  Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My question is, does the league go back and retroactively give the W to the Steelers? 

I mean at this point ***** the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

More detail on the Titans unauthorized workout.  A local Nashville station reports that 15 Titans players got together for a workout one day after 8 positive COVID tests were reported.  The report gave the location of the workout.  Obviously, that is not the entire team, but it's a big enough number to think someone in the group could have had COVID.  One thing is clear, some heads are going to roll in Nashville.  Maybe somebody can write a country and western song about it. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well...

Notexcited Not Into It GIF - Notexcited NotIntoIt Confetti - Discover &  Share GIFs

I mean at this point ***** the Titans.

Wait... has it ever not been **** the Titans? I must have missed something...

The real issue with the forfeit is that we don’t get to see Josh carve up the fools to the tune of 375 and 4 and add another feather in his MVP cap.

Edited by whatdrought

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ryan Tannenhill confirmed one of the players that Broke Protocols.

Hard to imagine that someone somewhere in leadership doesn’t know that their QB is running something like this...

Also, please note the clandestine nature of this... how many pictures and posts of offseason workouts get their way to social? This was very intentional... they knew. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Hard to imagine that someone somewhere in leadership doesn’t know that their QB is running something like this...

Also, please note the clandestine nature of this... how many pictures and posts of offseason workouts get their way to social? This was very intentional... they knew. 

O I agree Vrabel a product of an organization that has cheated, is well cheating.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What's your top upset pick for Week 5?

Mike Clay, fantasy writer: Titans (+1) over Bills. Tennessee might be shorthanded this week due to a few players on the COVID-19 list, but the team will otherwise be fresh and healthy off the unexpected Week 4 bye. Buffalo is red hot and undefeated this season, but Tennessee is also sitting at 3-0 after victories over Denver, Jacksonville and Minnesota.

Fantasy writer is right!  Titans wins (2 points over the Broncos, 1 point over minnesota, 3 over Jacksonville).  

Edited by gordong

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This.  Still, can it be proven?  Or, does it even need to be, given the delicate and precarious nature of the current situation?

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Mike Clay, fantasy writer: Titans (+1) over Bills. Tennessee might be shorthanded this week due to a few players on the COVID-19 list, but the team will otherwise be fresh and healthy off the unexpected Week 4 bye. Buffalo is red hot and undefeated this season, but Tennessee is also sitting at 3-0 after victories over Denver, Jacksonville and Minnesota.

Fantasy writer is right!  Titans wins (2 points over the Broncos, 1 point over minnesota, 3 over Jacksonville).  

What is this nonsense?

4 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

This.  Still, can it be proven?  Or, does it even need to be, given the delicate and precarious nature of the current situation?

At this point, where it's already suspected they were f-ing up in the building, and now something like 20% of the team is going directly against the rules, I don't think it matters if it was sanctioned or not... 

46 minutes ago, par73 said:

No way this game can be pushed back due to the KC game.

It can get pushed back....if they push back the KC game too.  I don’t think that’s in their plans though. We shall see

Forfeits are just not going to happen.  It's just not fair to the rest of the AFC if the Bills and Steelers get to pocket an extra win and bye week.   Hit these guys where it hurts.  TN should lose a first round pick for every game that's been postponed and hit every player with a fine equal to their gameday paychecks.  And Vrabel needs to face a 4-week suspension.  This is just ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

What is this nonsense?

He is picking the titans to win against Buffalo missed the title...  I went back and edited the original post,. 

Edited by gordong

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

NFLPA filing agreements on Raider Fines

Whaaaa??? I just don't get it. The NFLPA should be all for the fines. Don't they realize the money the players will lose out on if the season goes off the rails?

• Like (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see if either of the two players who tested positive today were at that subsequent illegal workout.  I don't believe their names have been announced, unless I am mistaken.  It's hard to imagine the NFL not making the Titans forfeit Sunday's game if either of those two players were at that workout. 

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Whaaaa??? I just don't get it. The NFLPA should be all for the fines. Don't they realize the money the players will lose out on if the season goes off the rails?

They’re pretty much obligated to file a grievance.

They know it’s not going anywhere and probably disagree with the Raiders, but have to act for the players. They filed grievances on behalf of Brady, Zeke, Antonio Brown, etc. 

Just the norm.

Just now, Beast said:

Why can't the NFL apply it? It's not like anyone voted for it to become a rule in the first place, did they?

I'm fairly certain Goodell has the authority to apply it, especially to the Bills game. It sucks because I would prefer to watch the damn football game. 

GR reporting Forfeiture is off the table because the new rules came after the .um.. team meeting.

Looks like we’ll be playing a depleted Titans team Sunday.

Glad McD keeping nose to the grindstone!

Could be down 24 players!

Edited by Chandler#81
Added line

1 minute ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

I'm fairly certain Goodell has the authority to apply it, especially to the Bills game. It sucks because I would prefer to watch the damn football game. 

As would I.

• Like (+1) 1