Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Looks like Fournette has 3 fumbles in the NFL. Could be that Singletary’s fumbling issues are more of a problem than it appears.

I think this is it. They're sending a message to Singletary not to take his job for granted if he keeps failing to take care of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

If they were interested they would've put in a waiver claim 

Nobody wants the 4.5m that comes with a waiver claim.

Now everyone can work on their own deal if they want him and he gets to choose his spot..

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you don't at least research the former 4th overall pick, you are not doing your job

Agreed.  And you basically can just run him into the ground.  I loved Moss in college but he has to prove it and DS will be best if they are smart about his touches.  

that said, how good is LF?  I never was a huge fan because he got a ton of Carries in college and seems like a rb from a different era.  But definitely still worth checking in on. 

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

That would be a strange signing.

Just curious why you say that? I won’t say it’s a big need but this are the type of moves you make when you have really high hopes.  

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That doesn't make any sense. No one put in a claim.

Exactly, and that to me is quite shocking.  Think about it, no one claimed him for a 1 year 4 Million contract.

So what team is going to give him a 4 year contract right now?  If they do it will be for far less than he thinks he's worth.

He will probably be forced to do a 1 year cheap/incentive laden contract.  If that happens why not the Bills?

You can always let him sign with another team next year and get a comp pick.

It's a BB/NE kind of move.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a beast. We should be calling about him.  He’s better than Motor imo.  1 year deal with covid a concern.  Makes sense to me.  I’d keep all 3 backs.

That’s being said, I doubt he would sign here due to sharing carries with 2 other good backs 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just curious why you say that? I won’t say it’s a big need but this are the type of moves you make when you have really high hopes.  

I like Singletary and Moss a lot and don't think we need another running back.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Patriots and Bills 'called on'?!  With flowers and a box of chocolates?!  What the hell is this, 'Gone With the Wind'?

Frankly, Ridgeway, I don’t give a dam, and you should be kissed by someone who knows how.  That’s all I have from the Wind movie.  Painful 3 hours.  My mom made me see that movie once, once!  (Johnny Dangerously). 

• Haha (+1) 3

On 9/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, TheElectricCompany said:

Kamara doesn't have a single 1000 yard season on his resume.

Bell is a shell of himself.

Henry is one dimensional.

You don't have to agree with it, but it's how I see it.

Yeah and Henry's one dimension can dominate almost any team. So there is that.

16 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Like someone said earlier I’d expect this is purely to drive the prices up on other teams. Beane doing wizardly things just for fun 

He probably also makes the call to look into just about anyone who hits the market and is considers a 1st round talent ... 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d take this dude on a 1 year prove it deal. Why not? People forget how much talent this guy possesses. I think he’s a different back when motivated, and who would be motivated by the situation in Jacksonville?

Is he McCaffrey or Zeke? No, but he’s better than Yeldon. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Like someone said earlier I’d expect this is purely to drive the prices up on other teams. Beane doing wizardly things just for fun 

If you sign him and let him walk you get a 3rd round comp pick in 2021.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I wouldn't really understand this at all, maybe they want a three RB committee to share snaps?

I don't know why people think TJ Yeldon is a lock.

• Like (+1) 4

Sorry to Moss and Singletary, but this team is a much better team with Fournette back there.

If you can get him, you do it.  Not to mention Singletary had fumbling issues last year and was injuried.  Moss was already in a non contact jersey in mini camp.  Let Moss learn this season as 3rd string.  Chances are, he will get in anyways with injuries.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Frankly, Ridgeway, I don’t give a dam, and you should be kissed by someone who knows how.  That’s all I have from the Wind movie.  Painful 3 hours.  My mom made me see that movie once, once!  (Johnny Dangerously). 

You fargin' icehole! Bastages!

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean, why wouldn't you? Fournette with a putrid offense racked up 1600 yards last year. Love Singletary but I don't know how anyone can claim he's better than Fournette, and to suggest a rookie 3rd rounder is better than Fournette is an unlikely claim. The Bills have 17M in Cap Space so it's not like you have any financial restrictions here. 

If they have a chance to snag Fournette for a season, then by all means go all-in on that. There's almost no downside. 

• Like (+1) 4