Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

A lot of people here just assume that Zach Moss is going to be an instantly positive contributor. I'm not saying he won't be, but the kid is a 3rd round pick. If he's never any good in the NFL it would be far from a shock. The fact that Singletary has been as good as he has so far should be more of a surprise than it would have been had he been terrible.

Look around the NFL, there are a LOT of RB's that are the better RB's in this league that were all 3rd round or later picks.  You are just way off base here dude.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Look around the NFL, there are a LOT of RB's that are the better RB's in this league that were all 3rd round or later picks.  You are just way off base here dude.  

I'm "way off base" for suggesting that a rookie mid round pick might not be a lock to be great, but still very well could be? If this is a hot take to you, we have different definitions of hyperbole.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Leonard Fournette and Shaq Lawson ejected for throwing punches in Bills-Jaguars brawl

The scrum began when Buffalo safety Micah Hyde was shoved and grabbed Jacksonville receiver Dede Westbrook. Jaguars running back Carlos Hyde pushed Lawson and Jerry Hughes. Lawson pushed Hyde back and Fournette shoved Lawson from behind, which escalated the brawl. Fournette and Lawson traded punches in the melee while Moncrief and Thomas continued spooning in the end zone.

After the ejections, Lawson had to be restrained by Buffalo Bills staff on the field and in the tunnel as he continued jawing at Fournette as the players were led to their respective locker rooms.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/11/25/leonard-fournette-shaq-lawson-ejected-punches-fight-jacksonville-jaguars-buffalo-bills/2108947002/

Jets void Kalen Ballage deal, lose La'Mical Perine to injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets suffered two blows Sunday at running back, voiding a trade for Kalen Ballage because of a failed physical and losing promising rookie La'Mical Perine to a potentially serious ankle injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29774238/jets-void-kalen-ballage-deal-lose-lamical-perine-injury

Edited by ALF

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

Jets void Kalen Ballage deal, lose La'Mical Perine to injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets suffered two blows Sunday at running back, voiding a trade for Kalen Ballage because of a failed physical and losing promising rookie La'Mical Perine to a potentially serious ankle injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29774238/jets-void-kalen-ballage-deal-lose-lamical-perine-injury

If Bell goes down Frank Gore just might get his 1,000 yards.  LOL.

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you can find decent backs in the 3rd and later, but elite dual threat backs will always go early.

I'd argue the top 3 are McCaffery, Zeke & Saquon - all top 8 picks.

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think you can find decent backs in the 3rd and later, but elite dual threat backs will always go early.

I'd argue the top 3 are McCaffery, Zeke & Saquon - all top 8 picks.

ALWAYS? 

Look at the current RBs who went Day 2 or later. 

Bell, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Lindsay, Conner, Ingram, Carson, Drake....... 

Most of those are round 3 and later, some undrafted. 

They can go early but a lot of good, 3 down starters at RB come via later rounds

If it were to happen (and it won't) - Taiwan Jones would be safe. T.J. Yeldon would be the odd man out. Jones was specifically brought in for his Special Teams by his old Special Teams coach. You wouldn't cut a core Special Teamer for a 4th RB that doesn't play ST.

Fact is, as we've had the past couple seasons, we'll have 3 Tailbacks active on game day. Zack Moss takes the place of Frank Gore and Taiwan Jones takes the place of Senorise Perry. We really don't have the room to add a guy like Fournette. We'd be not dressing one of either Singletary, Moss, or Fournette every week. That's fine for a player like T.J. Yeldon. But you can't keep one of those guys on the bench all season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm "way off base" for suggesting that a rookie mid round pick might not be a lock to be great, but still very well could be? If this is a hot take to you, we have different definitions of hyperbole.

Thats not what you're saying and you know it.  

34 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

ALWAYS? 

Look at the current RBs who went Day 2 or later. 

Bell, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Lindsay, Conner, Ingram, Carson, Drake....... 

Most of those are round 3 and later, some undrafted. 

They can go early but a lot of good, 3 down starters at RB come via later rounds

I said elite backs, not "good, 3 down starters".  There's a difference.

If you want a true superstar at the position, you will usually have to draft them early.

46 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's literally what I said.  I know that it could not possibly be more clear. If you want to go on a scavenger hunt, that's your business.

this is literally what you said....

I just think it's extremely presumptive to think that a 3rd round running back should be counted on to be a significant part of your offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

this is literally what you said....

I just think it's extremely presumptive to think that a 3rd round running back should be counted on to be a significant part of your offense. 

Yup. Thank you.

Edited by BullBuchanan

33 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If you want a true superstar at the position, you will usually have to draft them early.

He, literally, named 6 elite backs from 2019. Henry, Mixon, Drake, Kamara, Carson and Ingram were elite. The bills would’ve taken the production of any of those players over their own RB’s

Edited by MiltonWaddams

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My first thought was Tampa based on absolutely nothing.

Doc, you’re right on it. The Bucs only have $1.5 mil. in cap space, but if they can find the $, that is their weakness.  They are very strong in most position groups outside of the rush and on defense the secondary.  The difference is the secondary is incredibly young, so they should grow especially with the Winfield son.  Fournette would be a big add for the Bucs.

We’ll see if BA bites.

• Like (+1) 1

Fournette will get scooped up off of wavers by the Jests who will sign him to a 5 year deal and then trade Bell to the Jags, who will sign Bell for 4 years.

After the season Marrone will realize a dream come true and after being fired by the Jags , gets hired by the Jests after they fire Gase, who will go on and get hired by the Jags.

Nobody from either team or their fans will be happy.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He, literally, named 6 elite backs from 2019. Henry, Mixon, Drake, Kamara, Carson and Ingram were elite. The bills would’ve taken the production of any of those players over their own RB’s

I see Kamara as a fringe elite guy, as is Henry (non factor in passing game).  The others I see as good to great. 

I'm pretty bullish about the total rushing yards we'll see from Josh, Singletary and Moss this year; I think we can be in the top 3 of the league.

11 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

They tried to trade him all off season, reportedly for a 5th Round draft pick, and got no takers. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

He is a locker room cancer with some miles now- there will be a need somewhere for him, at a very modest price.

8 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I see Kamara as a fringe elite guy, as is Henry (non factor in passing game).  The others I see as good to great. 

Henry is elite, a total beast that I have been keeping an eye on for the past 3 years. He was a big reason Tanny had so much success.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Henry is elite, a total beast that I have been keeping an eye on for the past 3 years. He was a big reason Tanny had so much success.

Henry is the definition of elite. 
One player who can carry an entire team to a win. He doesn’t need to be a factor in the pass game cause he has the ability to dominate 4 quarters rushing. It was maddening seeing henry take a back seat to demarco murray, then Dion Lewis before they finally figured out what he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Kamara, Henry and Bell are not superstars? 

Yeah, OK........ 

Admit it, you made a bold claim and didn't expect people to challenge you. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Yea I hate when that happens. We have ours on 9-5-20 to at least help with that kind of thing. It’s hard to get 10/12 guys together for a draft  but the sooner you make it to the start of the season the better off you are.

He was taken early in the 5th round of a 12 team draft i had on Sunday.

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why people want the Jets to sign him. This guy ran for close to 200 yards in one half against the Bills a couple years ago...

2018 game with fight vs Shaq Lawson that led to both players ejection. Fournette had 95 yds on 18 carries. He did have 2 TDs 

8 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Kamara, Henry and Bell are not superstars? 

Yeah, OK........ 

Admit it, you made a bold claim and didn't expect people to challenge you. 

Kamara doesn't have a single 1000 yard season on his resume.

Bell is a shell of himself.

Henry is one dimensional.

You don't have to agree with it, but it's how I see it.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Kamara doesn't have a single 1000 yard season on his resume.

Bell is a shell of himself.

Henry is one dimensional.

You don't have to agree with it, but it's how I see it.

Bell is fine, he's stuck behind the worst line in football. Given he has always been a runner who waited for gaps to develop then he suffers more than anyone when the line is bad. 

Kamara is more than just yards on the ground. 

Henry's 1 dimension almost took the Titans to the SuperBowl. 

If you post bold provocative claims, don't expect they won't go unchallenged. The evidence is overwhelmingly against your argument 

15 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I'm pretty bullish about the total rushing yards we'll see from Josh, Singletary and Moss this year; I think we can be in the top 3 of the league.

Kamara is an electrifying player but he does have some limitations that puts him on the fringe of elite so we agree there. But Henry is an elite back, yes he is a non-factor in the passing game. But he is a complete terror on the ground. He completely ran over two elite defenses in the playoffs (Patriots and Ravens) and he demanded all the defensive attention from KC just to slow him down a bit. Henry is so dynamic as a traditional runner that his limitations in the passing game aren't impacting his value that much. I do agree though that between Moss and Singletary the Bills should have a top 10 RB combo at the very least if both are healthy. 

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Kamara is an electrifying player but he does have some limitations that puts him on the fringe of elite so we agree there. But Henry is an elite back, yes he is a non-factor in the passing game. But he is a complete terror on the ground. He completely ran over two elite defenses in the playoffs (Patriots and Ravens) and he demanded all the defensive attention from KC just to slow him down a bit. Henry is so dynamic as a traditional runner that his limitations in the passing game aren't impacting his value that much. I do agree though that between Moss and Singletary the Bills should have a top 10 RB combo at the very least if both are healthy. 

Henry....man, I hope he is not Brandon Jacobs 2.0. He is a true bulldozer at the position and is awesome to watch.

Much of this argument depends on how many guys can fit into the "elite superstar" bucket...I'd go top 5, and my list would be McCaffery, Zeke, Saquon, Chubb and Aaron Jones. 

We've gone in a circle with my original point, which is that elite dual threat playmakers at that position will usually go early.

42 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Henry....man, I hope he is not Brandon Jacobs 2.0. He is a true bulldozer at the position and is awesome to watch.

Much of this argument depends on how many guys can fit into the "elite superstar" bucket...I'd go top 5, and my list would be McCaffery, Zeke, Saquon, Chubb and Aaron Jones. 

We've gone in a circle with my original point, which is that elite dual threat playmakers at that position will usually go early.

I don't think Henry's peak years will last that long given his usage and running style (although they did platoon him his first two years in the league so he isn't that bad on wear and tear.) I think the Titans will likely get 2 more "elite" years out of him and another 1-2 "good" seasons. But at this moment if he keeps up his 2019 production he is such a dynamic back. As far as my top 5 RB's in no particular order McCaffery, Zeke, Saquon, Henry and Chubb. Not sure why you have Aaron Jones so high up, definitely a more second tier back in my opinion. 

16 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Henry is the definition of elite. 
One player who can carry an entire team to a win. He doesn’t need to be a factor in the pass game cause he has the ability to dominate 4 quarters rushing. It was maddening seeing henry take a back seat to demarco murray, then Dion Lewis before they finally figured out what he was. 

Absolutely- when he gets into mid third quarter defenses are beat up and dont wanna fully commit to tackling him because 90 percent of the time Henry is either running ya over or carrying defenders- he also has that second gear to take it home. I knew how good he was right away and it baffled me also.

Edited by billsfan_34