Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

What are this guys "issues" again? He sat on the bench (when inactive) and won a grievance against the team? 

1600 yards from scrimmage last year - he's no bum. I like him in Chicago! 

He doesn't seem to want to be on a tanking team and probably doesn't get along with Marrone.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s subject to waivers

Darn right!  Gase will need a couple extra ammonia inhalants to not waver over the waiver.

And of all years, if he goes to the Jets, we probably won't be able to chuck a beer can at him!  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ryquell Armstead is one to keep an eye on. 

The Jags are going to be a 50/50 timeshare between Armstead and Chris Thompson. Nothing to touch in FF this year outside of Thompson as a streaming flyer in PPR formats. 

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Jags are going to be a 50/50 timeshare between Armstead and Chris Thompson. Nothing to touch in FF this year outside of Thompson as a streaming flyer in PPR formats. 

I love Chris Thompson in PPR.  Until he gets hurt.  Which is every year.  I don't think Armstead is someone to draft incredibly high but in that mid round sweet spot where I start taking flyers he will be a target.

17 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

I will only be happy when the Jags release that POS Marrone.

He’s a dead man walking. His final year as an NFL coach will be on a 2-14 team with almost zero talent on the roster. What destruction from a few years ago when they looked so dominant 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Highly doubt he clears waivers, as said earlier, that’s a reasonable price for a guy that good, especially as a 1 year gamble.   It takes a team needing a hammer style back, but there’s always goal line. I’d take him, but can’t see him making it down to us in reality.

I'm going to guess he clears waivers.  I think the $4 million cap hit is why the Jags couldn't trade him.  I think they would of even taken a 7th for him instead of releasing him.  Fournette is a capable RB and can help a team.  So, IMO the teams in the NFL don't want to the cap hit.  He will get through waivers and someone will sign him for $2 million or less.

Dc, don’t worry.  It’s coming.  I’m betting Pittsburgh as Conner is good, but he is often hurt.  Some said Philly, but those haven’t obviously seen their cap situation.  They are screwed.  NE already has a stable of RB’s.  Easiest way to look at it is the balance of needing a banger, coupled with cap space, and he most likely won’t be expensive up front.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Dc, don’t worry.  It’s coming.  I’m betting Pittsburgh as Conner is good, but he is often hurt.  Some said Philly, but those haven’t obviously seen their cap situation.  They are screwed.  NE already has a stable of RB’s.  Easiest way to look at it is the balance of needing a banger, coupled with cap space, and he most likely won’t be expensive up front.

The Steelers would be the best fit all around. It would flex Connor into a third down back role which could keep him healthier.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he is a decent RB but I like Singletary and Moss better...there is simply no carries for him here..

If Buffalo needed a bell cow running back, I think the Bills could do much worse, but I agree, he's not an especially good fit for the Bills at this time.  Moss and Singletary are pretty well liked, I think, by the organization.  Since Fournette was a first round pick, his rookie deal is higher than what the Bills are paying their own top two RBs, and if Buffalo were to claim Fournette, they would robbing carries from their own promising youngsters. 

Just now, BillsMafi$ said:

Could still be traded at the release won’t be official untill 4pm today 

Yeah, nothing drums up trade interest more than a statement by the team saying they couldn’t get anything for the player and have released him.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s a dead man walking. His final year as an NFL coach will be on a 2-14 team with almost zero talent on the roster. What destruction from a few years ago when they looked so dominant 

I would think his 'sunny demeanour' would make him a shoo in for one of the network pregame shows...?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I would think his 'sunny demeanour' would make him a shoo in for one of the network pregame shows...?

Maybe he’ll finally get that long-covered Jets gig, especially now that his nemesis Manish is off the beat 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 716er said:

I think the Jets and Dolphins are two teams that might try to sign him.

It will be the Jets, they are trying to find healthy RBs and their recent trade with Miami fell through. Throw in Gase and Bell having issues and the Jets being high on the waiver wire I think he ends up there 

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Yeah, nothing drums up trade interest more than a statement by the team saying they couldn’t get anything for the player and have released him.

But now a team that's not in a prime waiver wire spot has to worry about someone else getting him.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Some fans would rather fight their own team than opposing team.

Jest no.  Too much already invested in RB.

They have been looking for RBs because they have a bunch getting hurt. Plus Bell and Gase aren't getting along.