8-18-20 Any Training camp news?

From watching some YouTube reports/interviews, and some BB.com vids It sounds like our guys are looking sharp, the back end of our receivers room appears to be “making plays” and Zach Moss has shined some. Any other insight would be great to hear. ?

Go Bills!!!

I am sure you are all just as disappointed as I am over the fact that I didn't get any reps at all at camp today, not a single one. When I complained via email I heard the same old lame excuses I have heard year in and year out: "you're not on the team" and "you aren't actually here" and my favorite: "is there someone who takes care of you we could call?" They are sleeping on my talent. Someday.

*sigh*

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I haven't seen much, but I did come across Sal Capaccio's Tuesday notes for WGR:  https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-offensive-rookies-impress-at-tuesdays-session

I'm probably mostly alone in this, but I'm not too impressed with AJ Klein. So, I'm a bit disappointed to see that our UDFA rookie FB beat him out for a deep TD in 7 on 7s.

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm probably mostly alone in this, but I'm not too impressed with AJ Klein. So, I'm a bit disappointed to see that our UDFA rookie FB beat him out for a deep TD in 7 on 7s.

He's a run stuffing LB with limited mobility. I'm not too surprised or worried. 

Its camp, so far I've heard that everyone is burning Tre according to the media yet we know he's a stud. 

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

I am sure you are all just as disappointed as I am over the fact that I didn't get any reps at all at camp today, not a single one. When I complained via email I heard the same old lame excuses I have heard year in and year out: "you're not on the team" and "you aren't actually here" and my favorite: "is there someone who takes care of you we could call?" They are sleeping on my talent. Someday.

*sigh*

Uncle Rico? Keep selling that nylon polymer and dreaming my good man. Over them mountains ⛰ 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

He's a run stuffing LB with limited mobility. I'm not too surprised or worried. 

Its camp, so far I've heard that everyone is burning Tre according to the media yet we know he's a stud. 

And probably a deep fear inside to touch other players due to what is going on around you !

one thing I am focusing on is the pass-catching ability of the Bills RBs, esp Moss, this is an under-utilized aspect of the offense that I would like to see increase in as it helps diversify and further complicate the defensive gameplaning and in=game assignments; Pats are able to do this to including Rex Burkhead who catches 25-30 passes as a freaking useless FB a la our very own P Dimarco, Burkhead has burned us as well...

27 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

one thing I am focusing on is the pass-catching ability of the Bills RBs, esp Moss, this is an under-utilized aspect of the offense that I would like to see increase in as it helps diversify and further complicate the defensive gameplaning and in=game assignments; Pats are able to do this to including Rex Burkhead who catches 25-30 passes as a freaking useless FB a la our very own P Dimarco, Burkhead has burned us as well...

how would it complicate defensive game planning? All defenses have coverages in place for RBs

Training Camp news? Yeah, I'm gonna be sidelined a couple of weeks. I failed my conditioning test. Laughing at the responses in this thread has left me a little too winded to physically be out there right now. 

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

Burkheads not a FB, that was James Develin who was hurt last year and retired. Burkheads just a depth do-it-all RB who also plays special teams.  Bolden's also in the mix, but hes mostly just primary special teams.  White's the 3rd down guy.  Michel gets most of the carries.  

I see buffalo mostly running the offense with 2 backs as moss and singletary - i don't really see either as a feature back vs. 3rd down back though.  Singletary probably has a leg up on 3rd downs simply from having another year in the system, and more experience blocking.  Taiwan jones will be in that bolden role, and theoretically yeldon can fit in the burkhead role if you think we need 4 running backs.  Yeldon has caught more than 70% of passes over his career, and has a 4 YPC average.  He's not killing anyone but I don't think you can complain about his role as insurance if one or both of the main backs is hurt.  

However if you look at the 4th back on the game day roster as a fullback/ST guy then it likely falls to dimarco or gilliam if they really like him.   If they're rarely going to see the field on offense, then go with the best special teamer of the two. 

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm not really too worried though at the same time.  He was brought in for mostly run downs, but also because he offers some additional flexibility should someone get hurt.  He seems like a do all kinda guy.  

He's played a fair amount of snaps for the last 3 years on the saints defense, and while they haven't been all-world - its a pretty solid unit.

This mornings PC with SM, he stated that the two WR  rookies were a bit overly praised by Smoke the other day as to their current level of readiness, John Brown was being the good older brother bolstering the new guys confidence, gotta love a teammate like him. ? these guys have each other’s backs.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just saw a portion of AJEs PC, he seems to be a grounded smart guy, he said that he has been playing multiple O line positions, as he said getting comfortable being uncomfortable at playing where he normally wouldn’t, he understands position flexibility. We got us a winner with this guy?

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Just saw a portion of AJEs PC, he seems to be a grounded smart guy, he said that he has been playing multiple O line positions, as he said getting comfortable being uncomfortable at playing where he normally wouldn’t, he understands position flexibility. We got us a winner with this guy?

Go Bills!!!

Putting him on the O line is an interesting choice.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Putting him on the O line is an interesting choice.

Ha ha, obtuse much? ?

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Burkheads not a FB, that was James Develin who was hurt last year and retired. Burkheads just a depth do-it-all RB who also plays special teams.  Bolden's also in the mix, but hes mostly just primary special teams.  White's the 3rd down guy.  Michel gets most of the carries.  

I see buffalo mostly running the offense with 2 backs as moss and singletary - i don't really see either as a feature back vs. 3rd down back though.  Singletary probably has a leg up on 3rd downs simply from having another year in the system, and more experience blocking.  Taiwan jones will be in that bolden role, and theoretically yeldon can fit in the burkhead role if you think we need 4 running backs.  Yeldon has caught more than 70% of passes over his career, and has a 4 YPC average.  He's not killing anyone but I don't think you can complain about his role as insurance if one or both of the main backs is hurt.  

However if you look at the 4th back on the game day roster as a fullback/ST guy then it likely falls to dimarco or gilliam if they really like him.   If they're rarely going to see the field on offense, then go with the best special teamer of the two. 

good analysis, but I still want-hope to see some circle or wheel routes from the RBs

Burkhhead is but 5-10 and 214 lbs - so not the FB - but I do like this stat line (which is why I am a tad anal on the topic)

In 13 games last season, Burkhead rushed for 302 yards and three touchdowns and also caught 27 passes for 279 yards...point being a slow-guy like him is able to avg 10 YPC and Yeldon only 4 YPC...call me confused...

New England Patriots running back Rex Burkhead reworked the final year of his contract.

Burkhead's base compensation drops from $3 million to $2 million, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The restructuring includes a $550,000 signing bonus, $1.05 million in base salary and $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses.

ESPN first reported the new deal.

Pelissero noted that the guaranteed portion -- the $550,000 signing bonus -- is the same amount of guarantee that Cam Newton got from the Patriots on his incentive-laden one-year pact.

Burkhead signed a three-year, $9.75 million contract with the Patriots in 2018.

A versatile weapon, the 30-year-old has not played a full slate of games in three seasons with the Pats due to injury.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

good analysis, but I still want-hope to see some circle or wheel routes from the RBs

Burkhhead is but 5-10 and 214 lbs - so not the FB - but I do like this stat line (which is why I am a tad anal on the topic)

In 13 games last season, Burkhead rushed for 302 yards and three touchdowns and also caught 27 passes for 279 yards...point being a slow-guy like him is able to avg 10 YPC and Yeldon only 4 YPC...call me confused...

New England Patriots running back Rex Burkhead reworked the final year of his contract.

Burkhead's base compensation drops from $3 million to $2 million, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The restructuring includes a $550,000 signing bonus, $1.05 million in base salary and $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses.

ESPN first reported the new deal.

Pelissero noted that the guaranteed portion -- the $550,000 signing bonus -- is the same amount of guarantee that Cam Newton got from the Patriots on his incentive-laden one-year pact.

Burkhead signed a three-year, $9.75 million contract with the Patriots in 2018.

A versatile weapon, the 30-year-old has not played a full slate of games in three seasons with the Pats due to injury.

Yeldons career yards per reception is about 8, but in the small sample last year it was closer to 10 FWIW (the YPC is his yards per carry - 4.0 is usually the baseline you want to hit... Gore was 3.6 on the year). 

If Allen was super precise and accurate on those short throws like brees and brady, it make make more sense to incorporate it more in the offense.  But being off even a little bit on those throws massively limits YAC.  It's a wrinkle I'd like to see added though, just to take advantage of some teams that like to either stack the box, or play man with their linebackers.

• Like (+1) 1