Go BOLD - 2020 NFL Bold Predictions

GunnerBill

NFL Wide: 

1)Tom Brady throws for 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's, and Tampa Bay makes the playoffs as a wild card (Saints win division)

2)Steelers return to top of AFC North, advance to AFC title game but lose (to Buffalo), Big Ben decides to come back and play again next year

3)New Orleans vs Buffalo in the Super Bowl

Bills Specific:

1)Josh Allen throws for 4,200 yards and 28 TD's by air, rushes for 9 more.  Completion percentage is 62%

2)Bills send 8 players to pro-bowl: Allen, Knox, Morse, Diggs, White, Edmunds, Oliver, and Roberts

3)The Buffalo Bills bring home the Lombardi Trophy...

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

NFL

-Tom Brady hits his career mark for interceptions. 

-Season gets halted and restarted again.They change the playoff format because of it and we get a Bye. 

-The AFC North division winner is decided by a tiebreaker. 

-The Super Bowl will be played by two teams that haven’t been in it in the last 5 years. 

-1 major contender loses their starting QB for the year and is relegated to an also ran status.

Bills and AFC East

-Josh Allen has 3850 yards passing. 

-Tua gets 3 weeks of playing time but the Phins bench him when he goes 0-3 and they are still in the hunt for playoffs. 

-The Jets go 2-14

-Bills go 5-1 in division with the only loss being to Miami. Yes we beat the Pats twice in emphatic style. 

- Jordan Poyer leads the team with 6 picks. 

- We have 4 players with 7+ sacks.

- Josh Norman scores 2 TDS. 

- Brown and Diggs both get 1000 yards. 

- Diggs gets as many jet sweeps as McKenzie.

-The Pats block 5 kicks this year. 

-The Bills score a 50 burger this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills:

Rugby guy makes the team

Special teams guy from Pittsburgh turns a game around for us with a big play leading to a win

Gabriel Davis finds a way to contribute more than most expect

Kroft has a decent year

Non Bills:

Washington ends their season still having no name

Lions finish .500 or better

The Eagles stink

Gase ups the ante on Darnold by contracting Mono, Covid AND Herpes all in one year.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I have stated numerous times that I have a hard time envisioning the NFL season lasting much past week 4 or 5 before being suspended or cancelled.

For the sake of fun, though, I shall ignore that sentiment here and proceed as if an entire season will take place.

NFL wide

• The Jets will have the worst record in the AFC East and Adam Gase will be fired by season's end
  • The Dolphins will win 9 or more games.
  • Cam Newton will start the majority of games at QB for the Patriots, who will miss the playoffs
  • Lamar Jackson will regress significantly, the Ravens will struggle to make the playoffs
  • Ryan Tannehill will fall back down to earth, the Titans will finish with a losing record
  • Patrick Mahomes will win league MVP, the Chiefs will repeat as Super Bowl Champions
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire will finish the season as RB1 in fantasy football
  • After Dwayne Haskins struggles early on, Alex Smith will replace him as starter for Washington and will win Comeback Player of the Year
  • Tom Brady will have an excellent year for the Bucs, who will make the playoffs. In 2021, he will fall off a cliff skills-wise, Manning style, and retire after the season
  • After another frustrating playoff exit for the Saints, Drew Brees will retire

Bills specific

• Zach Moss finish with more touchdowns than Devin Singletary, but Singletary will have more yards from scrimmage
  • Josh Norman will win the CB2 job, keep it all year, and return to elite form
  • Josh Allen will produce 35 total touchdowns and receive his first Pro Bowl nod
  • Vosean Joseph will fill in for Milano for a few games due to injury and will show so well that the Bills think twice about re-signing Milano
  • Dawson Knox will be a breakout star on offense
  • Dane Jackson will prove to be an absolute steal of a 7th rounder and will wind up playing significant minutes at CB
  • The Buffalo Bills will win the AFC East for the first time since 1995 !!!

I'm with you on Dane Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL

1. Brady and Gronk both catch Covid-19 before the season starts and end up never playing a down for the Bucs.

2. Everybody continues to call the Washington team the Redskins so Snyder renames them the Redskins.

3. Bob Kraft doesn't get busted getting a hand in Florida.

Bills

1. Patrick DiMarco scores 3 TD's on the season

2. Tre' White doesn't give up a goal or a TD all season

3. Bills win the Super Bowl over the Panthers

McBeane works out a trade that brings Christian McCaffrey to Buffalo

JJ Watt talks his brother TJ (Joey Bosa does the same with Nick) into holding out until he gets his way and signs with Buffalo.

AJ Klein stubs his toe so McBeane trades for Leighton Vander Esch.

Josh Allen becomes the best QB in football and wins MVP both league and Super Bowl.

Bass breaks the record for longest FG.

Josh Allen has a 90+ yard TD run.

• Haha (+1) 1

Jadeveon Clowney finally signs one year “prove it” deal for under $10 million

Gronk is injured in first few games and doesn’t play again

Agree with a lot of other people that Mariota replaces Carr in Vegas by midseason

Bills start three quarterbacks during the season

Zack Moss takes over as RB1 because of injury to Motor and doesn’t hand it back

Brandon Beane recognised CEO of the Year.

I'll think a little more about Bills-specific prognostications but here are four relative to the NFL.  Let me preface my predictions by saying I'm surprised to see the extent of the doubt (know there's some residual anti-Brady bias) about the Buccaneers, considering how DC Todd Bowles elevated that defense in last year's second half and how much talent is on that roster but just wasn't highlighted or realized because of a QB whose turnovers negated it.  And that's the other thing- Jameis had a whopping 35 (35!) total turnovers last year, obviously including 30 picks.  It's likely, based on Brady's stats (even recent stats) that Tampa Bay has TWENTY-FIVE fewer turnovers from the position this year.  

Imagine what a difference that would make for any roster, especially one this good on both sides of the ball.  Without further adieu...

1) Tampa Bay and New Orleans BOTH win 12+ games, despite being in the same division.  They tie the SB Champion Seahawks & 49ers in 2013 for most regular season wins by two teams in the same division (25).

2) Three NFC West teams make the Playoffs- and the media "darling" Cardinals aren't one of them.  The left-for-dead Rams, who were in the Super Bowl just 19 months ago and still have top-heavy talent (young OL a year older too), plus McVay, overcome an 0-3 start to get the final spot.

3) Not AS bold but semi-bold because they'll wrack up losses simply by playing each other:  three AFC North teams make the Playoffs as well in the Ravens, Steelers, & Browns.

4) The Cowboys advance to their first NFC Championship Game in 25 years (1995), if not go further.  Despite losing McCoy yesterday, they're too talented to not be on a shortlist of NFC contenders, joining the Bucs, Saints, and 49ers, and play an easier schedule.

Edited by Midwest1981

4 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:

I'll think a little more about Bills-specific prognostications but here are four relative to the NFL.  Let me preface my predictions by saying I'm surprised to see the extent of the doubt (know there's some residual anti-Brady bias) about the Buccaneers, considering how DC Todd Bowles elevated that defense in last year's second half and how much talent is on that roster but just wasn't highlighted or realized because of a QB whose turnovers negated it.  And that's the other thing- Jameis had a whopping 35 (35!) total turnovers last year, obviously including 30 picks.  It's likely, based on Brady's stats (even recent stats) that Tampa Bay has TWENTY-FIVE fewer turnovers from the position this year.  

Imagine what a difference that would make for any roster, especially one this good on both sides of the ball.  Without further adieu...

1) Tampa Bay and New Orleans BOTH win 12+ games, despite being in the same division.  They tie the SB Champion Seahawks & 49ers in 2013 for most regular season wins by two teams in the same division (25).

2) Three NFC West teams make the Playoffs- and the media "darling" Cardinals aren't one of them.  The left-for-dead Rams, who were in the Super Bowl just 19 months ago and still have top-heavy talent (young OL a year older too), plus McVay, overcome an 0-3 start to get the final spot.

3) Not AS bold but semi-bold because they'll wrack up losses simply by playing each other:  three AFC North teams make the Playoffs as well in the Ravens, Steelers, & Browns.

4) The Cowboys advance to their first NFC Championship Game in 25 years (1995), if not go further.  Despite losing McCoy yesterday, they're too talented to not be on a shortlist of NFC contenders, joining the Bucs, Saints, and 49ers, and play an easier schedule.

Like it. On 2) I agree three NFC West teams.... but I think the Cardinals are in and the Seahawks are out. Listen, Russ is great, he really is and their 1-2 punch at wide receiver is impressive. On defense while they are no spring chickens they still have Wagner and Wright at linbacker but then after those three areas..... what else is good about their roster? I have already said it but I will repeat it here... their two lines are as a combination the weakest collection of trenches talent in the whole NFL as I see it.

Last year my bold bills prediction was the defense finally gets some attention nation wide because the bills start winning games and garner 4 pro bowl nods on that side of the ball. They sorta got their due but the individual attention still wasn’t there. 

so I’m bringing that prediction again this year. Oliver, edmunds, white and a safety all make INITIAL pro bowl team. I’ll take it a step further and say we have 2 all pros(1st or 2nd team) their as well. 

NFL prediction.... WFT sneaks into the playoffs at 9-7 on the back of AP’s 1,100 yds and 8-10 td. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Buffalo Bills Fans double in size and 3 long time TSW posters enter the Witness Protection Program.

Are you saying that due to all of the winning - Bills fans eat to much and each individual Fan doubles in size.  That will suck for the flaming tables and sitting in the stands, but make for some epic tailgating.

LOL ?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Like it. On 2) I agree three NFC West teams.... but I think the Cardinals are in and the Seahawks are out. Listen, Russ is great, he really is and their 1-2 punch at wide receiver is impressive. On defense while they are no spring chickens they still have Wagner and Wright at linbacker but then after those three areas..... what else is good about their roster? I have already said it but I will repeat it here... their two lines are as a combination the weakest collection of trenches talent in the whole NFL as I see it.

I'm a bit more bullish on the Seahawks than you are, albeit with reservations because clearly their ceiling is capped if Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer keep running an unimaginative and antiquated run, run, pass offense like their QB is a first or second-year starter instead of an MVP candidate.  Wilson can't bail them out late as much this year as he's had to do in recent years and he has to be allowed to use his weapons (Lockett, DK, not-done-yet Olsen, returning Disley, etc.) before they're down 10 in the 4th quarter. 

But while I agree on the deficiencies on both Seattle's offensive and defensive lines, Wilson hasn't had a good- even serviceable- offensive line since very early in his career and has learned to live with it (hasn't caught up to him... yet) and I'm actually pretty high on the Seahawks' secondary.  Both Shaq Griffin & Quinton Dunbar were top-12 at PFF and then in addition to trading for Dunbar also of course traded for Jamal Adams after trading for Quandre Diggs at the trading deadline last year, which amounted to a steal.  With Wagner, still solid Wright, and recent high picks the last two drafts (Brooks & Barton) I actually like their linebackers (and depth) & back-7 in general.  If PFF is right, which posits that anymore it's actually coverage rather than pass rush that produces a more stifling pass defense, Seattle's defense might be better than you expect.

We’ll see, though. Something to keep in mind is that Wilson’s never won less than 9 games and has only missed the Playoffs once (happened the same year in 2017). Maybe it changes this year, though, especially if Wilson has to be asked to put on his late-game cape all season.

Edited by Midwest1981

1 minute ago, Midwest1981 said:

I'm a bit more bullish on the Seahawks than you are, albeit with reservations because clearly their ceiling is capped if Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer keep running an unimaginative and antiquated run, run, pass offense like their QB is a first or second-year starter instead of an MVP candidate.  Wilson can't bail them out late as much this year as he's had to do in recent years and he has to be allowed to use his weapons (Lockett, DK, not-done-yet Olsen, returning Disley, etc.) before they're down 10 in the 4th quarter.  But while I agree on the deficiencies on both Seattle's offensive and defensive lines, Wilson hasn't had a good- even serviceable- offensive line since very early in his career and has learned to live with it (hasn't caught up to him... yet) and I'm actually pretty high on the Seahawks' secondary.  Both Shaq Griffin & Quinton Dunbar were top-12 at PFF and then in addition to trading for Dunbar also of course traded for Jamal Adams after trading for Quandre Diggs at the trading deadline last year, which amounted to a steal.  With Wagner, still solid Wright, and recent high picks the last two drafts (Brooks & Barton) I actually like their linebackers & back-7 in general.  If PFF is right, which posits that anymore it's actually coverage rather than pass rush that produces a more stifling pass defense, Seattle's defense might be better than you expect.

Adams helps, and yea, some of those other secondary guys are good players (though not stars) and believe me I am very much in the building from the back is becoming the more sustainable approach on defense in 2020. I think Seattle will be a game either side of .500. I don't think they are going to suck, Russ is too good for that. But they are so bad up front. I just can't envisage a team in the playoffs who is going to struggle to win any game in the trenches. That for my money is why they have increasingly relied on Russ to bail them out.... it might even be too much for him this year.

League wide: TB confidence is shattered after a massive hit that concusses him, he becomes Trent Edwards MKII. No playoffs, Retirement at the end of the season. 

Big Ben’s injuries haunt him, he is a shell of his former self, rides his team to a 8-8 record, no postseason. 

Bold on the Bills: 12-4 on the season, win the AFCE out right, beat KC for the AFC title, and dominate the super bowl, both Brown and Diggs go over 1000 yards each, with 6 & 9 TDs respectively. Josh goes for 4500 yards passing, with a 65% completion percentage. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

NFL Wide:

-Houston and SF and Tampa miss playoffs

-Ravens make it only as a wild-card

-No "worst-to-first" division winners this year (first time in a while)

-No mid-season hiatus (which another poster says will happen).  Because all Qbs on playoff-caliber teams will go the extra mile to stay virus-free

Bills:

-Edmunds gets more DPOY votes that Tre.  (league tired of talking Tre up)

-"State Farm" will start at least 1 game

-Zack Moss will get more snaps than Singletary in the 2nd half (whatever that may be) of the season.

Edited by maddenboy
new evidence: Your honor, as the following video proves beyond doubt, Tre White IS the best CB in the league. So I withdraw my motion to have Edmunds get more DPOY votes than Tre. https://gamepass.nfl.com/category/nfl-game-pass-film-session

Here’s mine:

NFL:

1.       Saints will not make playoffs.

2.       One last placed team from NFC will win division, either Lions or Cardinals.

3.       Each team in AFC North will have at least 6 wins.

Bills:

1.       Will lose to Jets in opener but end up 12-4 or better, beating KC week 6 on the way and Pats twice.

2.       Ed Oliver will have 13+ sacks.

3.       Bills will have 5 players with 800+ scrimmage yards including Knox and offense will average 26+ points/game.

I don’t know if this belongs here or not. I’m WAY higher on Singletary than most of this board and WAY lower on Moss than most of this board. I don’t think the split ever falls below 70/30. Moss may get the red zone carries (although Motor scored 66 rushing TDs in 3 years at FAU). I say Singletary has north of 1,200 yards and Moss has about 1/2 of that.

NFL wide

• Tom Brady leads the Buccaneers to the playoffs and they have a top 5 offense
  • New England Patriots make the playoffs with a wild card berth
  • The New York Jets end up with no more than 5 wins
  • The Arizona Cardinals make it to the NFC championship game

Bills specific

• Josh Allen ends up with top 10 Passer Rating and Top 7 Overall yards gained
  • Bills defense ends up top 3 in turnovers forced and top 3 in yards allowed
  • Dawson Knox ends up with over 50 receptions and 700 yards receiving
  • Bills end up with 12-4 record, win the AFC East and makes it to the AFC championship game

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know if this belongs here or not. I’m WAY higher on Singletary than most of this board and WAY lower on Moss than most of this board. I don’t think the split ever falls below 70/30. Moss may get the red zone carries (although Motor scored 66 rushing TDs in 3 years at FAU). I say Singletary has north of 1,200 yards and Moss has about 1/2 of that.

I am in complete agreement here. This board has a tendency to pump up certain rookies before they take a single NFL snap, and Moss is getting compared to Barry Sanders. I had reservations on his running style and questioned his transition to the NFL shortly after he was drafted, and was flamed. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

NFL Wide:

1. Cam Newton will get injured early on - but the Patriots* will be more competitive than many fans think - because Jarret Stidham will turn out to be a competent rookie QB, however the Pats* will not qualify for the playoffs - just missing out on a wildcard spot - losing a tie breaker.

2. The Jets finish last in the AFC East - winning only 4 or 5 games - they will be able to keep games close, but "find a way to lose" most weeks.

3. The Bengals will be the most improved team in the AFC - finishing at 8 & 8.  

4. Robert Kraft will be found to have been on the flight logs to Epstein's "Pedophile Island" more times than Bill Clinton, but will not suffer any consequences by the league or legal authorities.

Bills Related:

1. The Bills will keep Tyler Bass over Stephen Hauska - but will wind up regretting it, due to inconsistent performance & we will be back in the market for a place kicker next year.

2. Josh Allen shows progressive improvement this year and earns his next contract with the Bills.   

3. The Bills O-line have trouble getting push in the run game - hampering our rushing performance. However, the continuity of the group helps to enormously improve our pass protection - leading to big years by Allen, Diggs, Brown, etc. through the air.  

4. Andre Roberts will return both a kick off & a punt back for touchdowns this season.

5. Trent Murphy will stay healthy & be our best pass rusher this year.

Edited by Bulldog

This has been fun to read and all very interesting.  A lot of what is wished to happen vs. what probably will happen.

So I’ll play along:

Bills

Moss, Singletary, Allen, and Yeldon Go for well over 2,000 yards, we’ll over.

Allen throws for 3500 yards.

Poyer and Tre tie for 6 picks each.

Epenesa late in the year has 5 sacks.

NFL

The Bucs, Saints, and Seahawks, 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys, and Cardinals all Make the playoffs in the NFC.

The Bills, Colts, KC, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, and Dolphins make the playoffs.

Lamar steps back in some part to McD figuring out how to defense against him.

Cam is benched by the end of the year.

Rivers has a reclamation year and leads the Colts to the South with the best O Line he’s ever had since entering the league.

This one is a wish.  BB is so humiliated with a 5-11 season, he gives it one more year, makes 7-9 and walks away after 2021.  Maybe a GM, but hands over the coaching to his OC so he has someone else to blame the creep.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeh been saying since draft day same, I’m with you on Moss. I think a lot of people here are going to be disappointed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh been saying since draft day same, I’m with you on Moss. I think a lot of people here are going to be disappointed.

He just feels limited to me. I hope that I’m wrong. He’s a bruiser but doesn’t feel dynamic enough. He will be an upgrade to Gore but I don’t see how he takes touches from Motor. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He just feels limited to me. I hope that I’m wrong. He’s a bruiser but doesn’t feel dynamic enough. He will be an upgrade to Gore but I don’t see how he takes touches from Motor. 

Yeh I've never seen an RB get touted for his power and yet doesn't hit the hole on balance. 

Running over college DBS is one thing but vast majority of pro backs have to make hay between the tackles one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh I've never seen an RB get touted for his power and yet doesn't hit the hole on balance. 

Running over college DBS is one thing but vast majority of pro backs have to make hay between the tackles one way or another.

Sammy Watkins used to bowl over people in college, also. It rarely translates to the NFL.

23 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Sammy Watkins used to bowl over people in college, also. It rarely translates to the NFL.

That was only because they were running away from the Advanced Reptilian and his flat earth beliefs.  They heard Sammy's church was 'badder' than the JWs, Joel Osteen, and Scientology all put together.  But I got news for them...

NFL

Aaron Rodgers has a great MVP type season and leads Packers to the NFC Championship game.

Colts win AFC South easily, as the Titans regress.

Falcons finally put it together and win the NFC South.

49'ers & Seahawks take a step back, Cardinals improve, but the Rams come out on top in the NFC West.

Broncos have another sub-par season, and Pat Bowlen fires John Elway.

Bills

Win the AFC East and make it to the AFC Championship game.