2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Darryonton Evans. They scouted him a bunch. 4th round.

If they are predicting 5 RBs round 2.... Evans is probably rated #7 or 8? Does that last til the end of the 3rd? Let alone 4th?

I had Darrynton mocked at pick 86.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I think Beane is going to try and trade up for Gross Matos

I can't believe the Chiefs didn't jump on him.

I wonder what's on film that dropped him out of the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I still think Bills will go offense at pick 54. Interior offensive lineman is my first guess.

No way.  They probably won’t even draft OL with a late round pick.  They are deep there.

First Round completed.  Lots of picks before the Bills go.

Some interesting names still on the board, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade up into the 40s.

• The Top 3 running backs (Swift, Taylor, Dobbins) are all still available.
  • Three potential 1st Round edge rushers (Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Baun) are still there

There were big runs on WR, CB and OT.  But there are still some solid names left, who were considered late 1st/early 2nd talents.  Higgins, Shenault, Mims, Pittman at WR,  Jones at OT, Diggs, Fulton and Johnson at CB.

Another popular choice is Safety, and somehow none have been picked yet.  McKinney was considered a Top 20 pick.  Delpit was not far behind.  If the Bills go here, I think they are looking at a specific kind of fit for the defense however.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought the first round fell really well for the Bills tbh. The biggest needs at Edge, WR, CB, and SAF, RB all have extremely good depth still. We should be able to get a good player regardless of the direction we go in.

Just looking at the position of needs there are

RB- Dobbins, Taylor, Akers, Swift (4)

WR- Shenault, Mims, Pittman, Claypool, Higgins(5)

CB- Fulton, Diggs, Jaylon Johnson, Hall, Dantzler(5)

Edge- Gross Matos, Epenesa, Weaver, Uche, Okwara(5)

SAF- Delpit, Winfield, McKinney, Davis, Chinn, Duggar (6)

At positions of need there are 25 guys that could be legitimate options at 54 alone. Meaning we should be able to get a really good player at 54 that they really like.

This doesnt even include other positions we could take a guy just because hes too good a player to pass up like Josh Jones OT Houston, Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State, Lloyd Cushenberry OG, Logan Wilson LB Wyoming, Zack Baun LB Wisconsin, Ross Blacklock DT TCU, Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma

Should be able to stay at 54 unless they really like a guy on this list that they feel is worthy of trading up for. It will be a longer wait but we are still going to get a really good player.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chances look good for a great RB or WR falling to the Bills

WR and especially RB...the two positions I don't want them taking in the 2nd.

Gimme an Edge rusher, CB, or one of those 'Buffalo Nickel' players (Chinn or Dugger). They need a complementary RB, not a starter. No need for one in the 2nd. They invested ample draft capital in Stefon Diggs. Time to open up the passing attack and get him the ball.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Epenesa and Gross-Matos still available. They get past the first 10 picks and I could see us  make a move.

Again, with what?  They aren’t going to trade their 3d and that wouldn’t be enough to move up more than 7 or 8 slots anyway.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’re so screwed.  

between the ravens and the chiefs, it’s gonna be tough to make the SB

Chiefs are going to be tough.  Not sold on the Ravens long term.  Our Offense was trash against them this year and we still almost went to OT with them. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No.....

sigh.  

really wish the chiefs hadn’t drafted Clyde.  

My feeling, glad our guys held their water. Lots of great guys still available. Don’t give up picks until you see how things shake out. I love their willingness to make deals that make sense. Move around, up or back, when it makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’re so screwed.  

between the ravens and the chiefs, it’s gonna be tough to make the SB

Sorry but the Ravens don’t scare me....the Chiefs however.... I am sure Belicheat will be hiring a group of clandestine COVID transmitters to hangout with the Bills and Chiefs this year because he has to prove he is great without Tommy Boy.

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Crap. I thought he would be the bills selection. 

Now i think Moss will be only available RB to us at 54

No Moss is not a top 64 pick....

RBs round 2 will be Swift, Dobbins, Taylor. Maybe Akers sneaks in there? Doubt it.

But round 3 will be Akers, Moss and I think Evans is our pick at 86.

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Some interesting names still on the board, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade up into the 40s.

• Three potential 1st Round edge rushers (Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Baun) are still there

There were big runs on WR, CB and OT.  But there are still some solid names left, who were considered late 1st/early 2nd talents.  Higgins, Shenault, Mims, Pittman at WR,  Jones at OT, Diggs, Fulton and Johnson at CB.

Another popular choice is Safety, and somehow none have been picked yet.  McKinney was considered a Top 20 pick.  Delpit was not far behind.  If the Bills go here, I think they are looking at a specific kind of fit for the defense however.

If they go safety, go for the heavy hitter from Southern Illinois. He has Big Nickel and Strong Safety ability. If they go corner I want Danzler HOWEVER I want points !! If we are serious about a super bowl bring us playmakers on offense !!!! You won’t limit KC to 20 points no matter who you draft. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Gimme an Edge rusher, CB, or one of those 'Buffalo Nickel' players (Chinn or Dugger). They need a complementary RB, not a starter. No need for one in the 2nd. They invested ample draft capital in Stefon Diggs. Time to open up the passing attack and get him the ball.

It's crazy that we dont have any glaring needs for the first time in forever, and people still want us to draft certain positions and not others regardless of who's available.

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I thought the first round fell really well for the Bills tbh. The biggest needs at Edge, WR, CB, and SAF, RB all have extremely good depth still. We should be able to get a good player regardless of the direction we go in.

Just looking at the position of needs there are

RB- Dobbins, Taylor, Akers, Swift (4)

WR- Shenault, Mims, Pittman, Claypool, Higgins(5)

CB- Fulton, Diggs, Jaylon Johnson, Hall, Dantzler(5)

Edge- Gross Matos, Epenesa, Weaver, Uche, Okwara(5)

SAF- Delpit, Winfield, McKinney, Davis, Chinn, Duggar (6)

At positions of need there are 25 guys that could be legitimate options at 54 alone. Meaning we should be able to get a really good player at 54 that they really like.

This doesnt even include other positions we could take a guy just because hes too good a player to pass up like Josh Jones OT Houston, Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State, Lloyd Cushenberry OG, Logan Wilson LB Wyoming, Zack Baun LB Wisconsin, Ross Blacklock DT TCU, Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma

Should be able to stay at 54 unless they really like a guy on this list that they feel is worthy of trading up for. It will be a longer wait but we are still going to get a really good player.

Most those guys I think are Top 50 guys. I mocked Uche @54. But maybe one of those WRs fall to 54. 

Never thought Okwara would fall to 54, it’s gonna be close.

I just think Uche is the most process guy being I think most those guys are gone.

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

No Moss is not a top 64 pick....

RBs round 2 will be Swift, Dobbins, Taylor. Maybe Akers sneaks in there? Doubt it.

But round 3 will be Akers, Moss and I think Evans is our pick at 86.

I knoe he isnt thats why i said crap he will be only one left. Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift will gonearly 2nd. And even Akers is a hot name right now that was moved into a 2nd round selection. CEH was one RB that I thought would fall to our selection.

And i dont think Moss will be at 86. He too has been moved up in recent mock drafts. He should be but i dont think he will.

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs are going to be tough.  Not sold on the Ravens long term.  Our Offense was trash against them this year and we still almost went to OT with them. 

I’m sold on the Ravens while they have Campbell.  I think he’s the perfect addition.  He fits that D so well.  He fits the locker room so well. Then Queen falls to them.  They’re gonna be really good. 

Clyde is the perfect fit for Kc.  He’s gonna be a top 3 fantasy rb every year, if not the 1st.  Grrrr.  The rich get richer.  Doesn’t even matter if their D can stop anyone.  No one will stop that O if healthy 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

My feeling, glad our guys held their water. Lots of great guys still available. Don’t give up picks until you see how things shake out. I love their willingness to make deals that make sense. Move around, up or back, when it makes sense. 

I’m glad we stayed put.  It’s just upsetting that the best team in our conference and SB champs drafted the #1 rb on my board.  

9 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Sorry but the Ravens don’t scare me....the Chiefs however.... I am sure Belicheat will be hiring a group of clandestine COVID transmitters to hangout with the Bills and Chiefs this year because he has to prove he is great without Tommy Boy.

You don’t have to be sorry.  Wait and see.  The ravens are legit.  That d is tough as nails now

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

I knoe he isnt thats why i said crap he will be only one left. Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift will gonearly 2nd. And even Akers is a hot name right now that was moved into a 2nd round selection. CEH was one RB that I thought would fall to our selection.

And i dont think Moss will be at 86. He too has been moved up in recent mock drafts. He should be but i dont think he will.

Yes. I think Moss is gone mid round 3. All these CBs, WRs.... OL is always big in round 2, there will be a run on pass rushers too. I only see 3 RBs going Rd 2, but Akers and Moss by pick 75-80 tops.

12 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Man Gross-Matos was my 1st rd pick all along at 22!

If we end up with him somewhere in the 2nd...what a steal! ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims & Mike Pittman Jr.... aka Mike Evan's 2.0 are all my reserves.

Jaylon Johnson & Trevon Diggs ... are my others.

But Pass Rusher, WR & CB ....should be our pick at 54 or higher if we trade up.

Since Matos is there... I can see Beane giving up our 2nd & 5th to move up in the 2nd for Matos...would take that all day!

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

No way.  They probably won’t even draft OL with a late round pick.  They are deep there.

We don't have anyone young to develop behind Feliciano and Spain. Morse with his concussion history could use a young backup as well. It isn't an immediate need but neither is any position.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I agree completely. They’re not going to go RB until very late in the draft, IMO. Edge and DB is what you need to ID in the first two rounds of the draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Brothers from a different mother...

image.png.4ff9d46783c508a98631bbbc706af710.png

image.png.5a63addbb23472b388b27b5262bd67d3.png

I was literally just thinking about his hair and wondering if he keeps it like it's part of his image/brand. He has to know how goofy it looks... it's only second to the Raiders owner.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Couldn't disagree more. We need to expand this pathetic 17 pts per game offense.  We're not going to do that with any of these overrated 2nd round edge guys. Diggs would be the only defensive guy I'd love at 54. If someone like Dobbins, Taylor, Mims or Claypool are there you go after them depending on Beane's board.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Most those guys I think are Top 50 guys. I mocked Uche @54. But maybe one of those WRs fall to 54. 

Never thought Okwara would fall to 54, it’s gonna be close.

I just think Uche is the most process guy being I think most those guys are gone.

I mentioned 32 guys. Not only are 1 or 2 gonna be there but mathematically speaking that would mean up to another 32 picks make sense meaning that goes through pick #64. So that means 10 of those players will be on the board at # 54. The question is which 10. They are going to get a good player at 54.

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

It's crazy that we dont have any glaring needs for the first time in forever, and people still want us to draft certain positions and not others regardless of who's available.

They invested a 3rd in Singletary last year. They planned for him to be 'the guy' this year, IMO, which is why I prefer that they get a complementary RB to pair with him later (3rd or later). If that's their mindset, then taking a RB in the 2nd is not a good allocation of resources. Would I be mad if they took Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor? Absolutely not. That said, if you take one of them, you are looking to make him 'the guy'. Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Darryonton Evans. They scouted him a bunch. 4th round.

Appalachian state baby ;-D Im not poo pooing this possibility at all Im calling third round with the edge guy Uche in the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

I seem to be in the minority, but I still consider their oline one of the team's weaker position groups. If their line doesn't improve much through continuity it will be a limiting factor on offense just like last season. I don't know if any of the guys left could have an impact this year, but I'm not real confident their line will be good enough.