2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Okay, Jefferson is also 5 years younger.

On a deal of a couple million a year.

Jefferson and 7th Rounder or Diggs, 4th Rounder, 5th and 6th? 

We’ll see, but Beane’s calculation was not completely correct. 

50% chance Jefferson busts out of the league in 5 years. 

and Bonus- with potentially shortened offseason, rookies, will have an even steeper climb.

Bill had the cap, not a good move. An excellent one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Awesome move by Beane for Diggs! I’m shocked by the run on WR. It is really unjustified. IMO Lamb was a mid-first talent and Ruggs was a late first talent and no other receivers should have gone in the first.

No other receivers? How the Hell can anyone think Jerry Jeudy wasn't worth a 1st? 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s not to say Diggs sucks, it’s just that Jefferson is a good prospect in his own right.

I’m not especially attached to the mid rounders we gave away, but I don’t think we fleeced Minnesota or anything seeing how this has turned out.

I think it’s closer than a landslide to the Bills that’s all.

Whether or not the trade was a fleecing is yet to be determined. There is no reasonable way in the world you can competently make that call today. As others have pointed to you already, your position is just contrarian nonsense.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So this wasn’t sarcasm?  LMAO

Gosh Bills fans are so sensitive.

Jefferson is an interesting prospect, so I am not 200% sold the Bills hit a home rub had they just stayed at 22 and took Jefferson.

But it took a surprise move by the Eagles to make it a possibility.

To me, it’s something worth noting. Going forward.

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Okay, Jefferson is also 5 years younger.

On a deal of a couple million a year.

Jefferson and 7th Rounder or Diggs, 4th Rounder, 5th and 6th? 

We’ll see, but Beane’s calculation was not completely correct.

Beane's calcuation was dead-on.  The top-3 guys were gone well before 21 (the value of the picks).  Jefferson is a slot WR.  The Bills don't need that.  And as a slot, he's not going to come close to the yards Diggs will.  Assuming Jefferson can play at the NFL level, which hasn't even been proven yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Top 5 in the game...

With two low 1,000 yard seasons?

Diggs is fine, but Bills fans talk about him like he’s a league leader. 

leads the league in contested catches and is top 5 in yards per target and yards per catch.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Top 5 in the game...

With two low 1,000 yard seasons?

Diggs is fine, but Bills fans talk about him like he’s a league leader. 

Watch the tape. Regarded as BEST route runner in the NFL. Best contested catch rate of any WR. Ridiculous speed. 

Can literally do it all as a WR and has the mentality and work ethic to be the best in the game. True # 1 WR aren't easy to come by. Diggs is one of em , #1 CB guards him , opens up Brown/Beez and the run game. 

We got a legit SB window with this addition

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Margarita said:

excuse me if this has been posted already This is a tweet with Beanes basement draft setup....all class.

Command central, most impressive draft room so far by a long shot.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Saints get a stud in Ruiz

Most good teams tend to spend their first round picks on O-line, QB, and D-line. QB play determine the outcome of 90% of NFL games and how you protect your QB and how you attack and pressure the opponents QB is usually what it comes down to. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Watch the tape. Regarded as BEST route runner in the NFL. Best contested catch rate of any WR. Ridiculous speed. 

Can literally do it all as a WR and has the mentality and work ethic to be the best in the game. True # 1 WR aren't easy to come by. Diggs is one of em , #1 CB guards him , opens up Brown/Beez and the run game. 

We got a legit SB window with this addition

Suffer not the trolls....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Most good teams tend to spend their first round picks on O-line, QB, and D-line. QB play determine the outcome of 90% of NFL games and how you protect your QB and how you attack and pressure the opponents QB is usually what it comes down to. 

Yeah I said all draft process Ruiz was the best interior lineman and winning teams value the trenches

• Like (+1) 1