2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Doc said:

They wanted to move Diggs but they had to replace him.  They've got no other receiving threat opposite Thielen. 

I get that. Just seems like you would’ve tried everything you can do to make it work with the proven commodity if the plan is to backfill with what will likely be a lesser player. At least for 2020. But...I guess they tried and he wanted out. Our gain. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

So much cheap labor replacing expensive labor.  This draft has been more about cashflow and cap allocation than any other I can remember.  Wonder if owners are worrying about revenue declines.

Once upon a time, teams were criticised for letting high draft picks walk after their first contract and backfilling those holes with other high draft picks.    Now teams are lauded for it (unless they're the Bills).

Go figure...

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Now Thielen is expendable... send him our way!!!!:wub:

No way.  The Vikes have no other WRs.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Based on what? 

Jefferson had huge production at an SEC school and better combine metrics.

LOL!  Good one.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Patriots are not good at drafting... historically.

Brady is gone now, don’t know how cute Bill can continue to be by “trading down is so cool”.... I know they have a “plan”, we will never know but I hope Bill gets screwed!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Based on what? 

Based on Diggs having done it and proven it in the NFL? And not only that he has proven he can play outside as a true #1. Jefferson is a slot guy.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Based on what? 

Remind me again how many plays Jefferson has run in the pros. Go ahead, I'll wait...

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I loved the Diggs trade regardless, but I'm super-loving it now that I see how the draft went.

Same. The rest of the picks thrown in would be long shots to make a loaded , deep roster. 

Diggs is too 5 in the game. 

Jefferson probability of getting to that level is so slim. He's like another Treadwell , first Rd bust

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Patriots are not good at drafting... historically.

Brady is gone now, don’t know how cute Bill can continue to be by “trading down is so cool”.... I know they have a “plan”, we will never know but I hope Bill gets screwed!

You can get away with being a not so good drafting team when you have a hof qb That time is done

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Any rookie will be an "economic upgrade."  Real newsflash there, Willy.

Cheap, but unproven. WR is a real crap shoot early. And Diggs is relatively cheap for now. 

If you’re looking to save money, I’m also available. 

• Like (+1) 2