Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Because they are getting cap ready for the rebuild with a real coach and GM in 2021.

If Patricia gets canned, and Frazier gets a HC job, do we want Patricia at DC?

I could see Detroit bring in Frazier as HC as well.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No sir.  Since leaving BB he has had the 23rd and 31st ranked defenses.   Not entirely sure Frazier gets another shot at HC in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

Clowney  is the most overrated  player in the NFL. 

- Takes tons of penalties

- Is more of an elite run stopper than pass rusher

- Can't stay healthy . 

And he probably  wants top 5 $$$ or more for his position . 

No thanks

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he gets canned he will just head back to NE. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Matt Patricia is such an ass-clown.

Did you see him ridicule a media member for slouching in his seat during a press conference? Completely condescending and ridiculous -- especially coming from a guy that looks and dresses like Matt Patricia does.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Because they are getting cap ready for the rebuild with a real coach and GM in 2021.

I don't know man, I don't watch the lion's but I always though Stanford was good enough to win with. You would think they would do everything in their power to keep him upright. 

Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

So Patriots offered Tom 1 year deal for ***** money. No more Tom in NE!!!!

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/03/nfl-rumors-is-patriots-1-year-contract-proposal-to-tom-brady-the-final-offer.html

According to WEEI in Boston, the Patriots will only be able to offer Brady a one-year contract that would pay him less than the $23 million he earned during the 2019 season, due to the Patriots’ salary cap and Brady’s dead cap space.

If that’s the limit the Patriots can go to on a new contract for Brady, it might serve as a “take it or leave it” moment for the quarterback and the franchise.

WEEI also reported that a call between Brady and coach Bill Belichick was made to discuss that contract offer. The report said the call “didn’t go well” for one side, and it was “business as usual” for the other.

Original source interview -

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-brady-rumors-patriots-only-can-do-one-year-deal

If this is true I have to believe he’s probably gone, unless he really really doesn’t want to leave New England. If true it almost seems like Belichick is sort of pushing him out the door.

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, DJB said:

- Can't stay healthy . 

No thanks

I honestly would look at a guy like Robert Quinn....

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/03/nfl-rumors-is-patriots-1-year-contract-proposal-to-tom-brady-the-final-offer.html

Original source interview -

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-brady-rumors-patriots-only-can-do-one-year-deal

If this is true I have to believe he’s probably gone, unless he really really doesn’t want to leave New England. If true it almost seems like Belichick is sort of pushing him out the door.

3sj47p.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, DJB said:

Need Kirksey news. 

K thanks 

Check Kirksey thread 

Ravens are interested but he hasn’t visited there yet. In Buffalo today and wants to make a decision “fairly soon” 

multiple eyeball emojis and gifs from Hyde and Poyer today 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Check Kirksey thread 

Ravens are interested but he hasn’t visited there yet. In Buffalo today and wants to make a decision “fairly soon” 

multiple eyeball emojis and gifs from Hyde and Poyer today 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Matt Patricia is such an ass-clown.

Did you see him ridicule a media member for slouching in his seat during a press conference? Completely condescending and ridiculous -- especially coming from a guy that looks and dresses like Matt Patricia does.

And he probably smells like a Patriot.

10 hours ago, DJB said:

- Can't stay healthy . 

No thanks

When Clowney is out there going full speed, he’s a wrecking ball difference maker.  It doesn’t result in sacks.  He just wreaks havoc.  That matters.  Watch the week 10 game, Seahawks vs niners in SF.  It’s not always about stats

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

When Clowney is out there going full speed, he’s a wrecking ball difference maker.  It doesn’t result in sacks.  He just wreaks havoc.  That matters.  Watch the week 10 game, Seahawks vs niners in SF.  It’s not always about stats

Clowney is the Sammy Watkins of defensive ends.  Never plays a full season, gets paid a ton of money for average production, yet many people will tell you he is great because he incredibly gifted and has a great game from time to time.

Rather have 16 good games a season than 2 great ones.  Just my opinion.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

One interesting development to come from the premature ending of the XFL season is its players being released from their contracts earlier than anticipated. In fact, the timing will allow those players to sign with interested NFL teams immediately following their exit physicals, which are scheduled to take place on Friday, per NFL.com's Tom Pelissero. 

With NFL teams gearing up for free agency (the legal tampering period is still tentatively scheduled to begin on Monday), more options are now on the table for personnel departments that have been keeping up with the reborn league since it kicked off the weekend following the Super Bowl. Here are five players we think did enough to earn a spot on an NFL team over the first (and only) five weeks of the XFL season.

1. QB P.J. Walker    2. WR Cam Phillips    3. CB Deatrick Nichols     4. QB Jordan Ta'amu       5. DT Cavon Walker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/coronavirus-ends-xfl-season-early-five-players-who-could-land-on-their-feet-in-the-nfl/

4 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Not going to act like I know anything about punters but are there any legit options out there?  I’m sick of watching 28 yard shanks 

I think there's like two punters that would be good gets:

Arizona State: Michael Turk

Texas A&M: Braden Mann

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I hang on the words of other negative posters?

No. I just watch the games dude. I saw drop off in Milanos play from 2018.(Not to be unexpected coming off an ankle fracture)  He looked slower to react and slower to the ball and this was even more evident throughout that slew of games where the defense was getting absolutely mauled in the run game. He had an awful game against Philly. I didn’t think he had a particularly good year in 2019 compared to what we saw in 2018. Would I like to see him resigned? Sure, but I wouldn’t break the bank for the player we saw last season.

I believe it was bandit who cited him as being among the top defensive players in the league at most missed tackles in 2019. Just what I saw man. Don’t get so mad. 

Why would the Bills consider resigning him at all if he “hasn’t even been good”?  And why would you want him resigned if he “hasn’t even been good”?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why would the Bills consider resigning him at all if he “hasn’t even been good”?  And why would you want him resigned if he “hasn’t even been good”?

You guys should just kiss and get it over with already.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

One interesting development to come from the premature ending of the XFL season is its players being released from their contracts earlier than anticipated. In fact, the timing will allow those players to sign with interested NFL teams immediately following their exit physicals, which are scheduled to take place on Friday, per NFL.com's Tom Pelissero. 

With NFL teams gearing up for free agency (the legal tampering period is still tentatively scheduled to begin on Monday), more options are now on the table for personnel departments that have been keeping up with the reborn league since it kicked off the weekend following the Super Bowl. Here are five players we think did enough to earn a spot on an NFL team over the first (and only) five weeks of the XFL season.

1. QB P.J. Walker    2. WR Cam Phillips    3. CB Deatrick Nichols     4. QB Jordan Ta'amu       5. DT Cavon Walker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/coronavirus-ends-xfl-season-early-five-players-who-could-land-on-their-feet-in-the-nfl/

...think the Walker guy has more promise than Tyree on PS......could "third time is the charm" work for Cam at OBD?............

FA is definitely going to be interesting this year. My guess we won’t see a lot of movement and see more 1 year deals. They can all interview by Skype/WebEx, but players are going to a full tour of the facilities and area and get a feel for the organization. They only see a limited amount during travel games. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Good lord this is going back and forth with Shaq. I can't wait for free agency to happen already.

A paid Shaq is probably less impactful than a Shaq who wanted to get paid. Even when he wanted to get paid his impact was debated.

I don’t think it hurts the team either way, they have money to spend, if he leaves they won’t sign a worse player IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

Shag wasn’t anything amazing but was a very good player trending up, if he is gonna sign a contract for some quality cash then I feel for his sake it is here as I believe there are enough people around and a team first mentality that he won’t be able to load or show up to cash a check. There are enough strong personalities around to prevent that! 
JMO.