Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Recommended Posts

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

 

 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

 

 

Damn it! They can't have our future RT.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Jets doing what Buffalo did last season with bringing in tons of o-line guys...they really messed up last year not doing anything to protect their new QB

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I see the Jets doing what Buffalo did last season with bringing in tons of o-line guys...they really messed up last year not doing anything to protect their new QB

They swung and missed last year. It’s their biggest need. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

 

Thanks Yolo. It shall be so.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I see the Jets doing what Buffalo did last season with bringing in tons of o-line guys...they really messed up last year not doing anything to protect their new QB

Yeah but what is funny is we take Long (OG/C) off their hands and he actually played pretty well for us...hope we keep him for depth

 

Keep spending that  money jets

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah but what is funny is we take Long (OG/C) off their hands and he actually played pretty well for us...hope we keep him for depth

 

Keep spending that  money jets

Long was a very smart depth pickup. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah but what is funny is we take Long (OG/C) off their hands and he actually played pretty well for us...hope we keep him for depth

 

Keep spending that  money jets

 

Long would have been a top 2 or 3 lineman on their team last year.... Ah Jets.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

 

 

We need to go get him! Set our RT and blow up the Jets plan at the same time!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Long was a very smart depth pickup. 

 

To add to this, what was really nice too was that Beane added enough guys where we could feel much more comfortable with our 6th or 7th guy than we ever did during the drought years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dalton? 
 

 

 

I bet it's Tannehill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dalton? 
 

 

Wasn't Newton rumored to them at some point? I know Rhule said he was still "their guy" but have heard it all before...could also be Rivers. Not even going to speculate on Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

 

 

Still don’t understand why anyone would want to play for Gase or the Jets dumpster fire of an organization. Is the NYC proximity really that big of a deal?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

We need to go get him! Set our RT and blow up the Jets plan at the same time!

 

I like the way you think! 

 

There is the point that some people claim Conklin actually isn't that good - I have not watched enough Titans to have an opinion

I kind of wondered if we were going to go after Halapoulivaati Vaitai ourselves

 

5 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Wasn't Newton rumored to them at some point? I know Rhule said he was still "their guy" but have heard it all before...could also be Rivers. Not even going to speculate on Brady.

 

Neither Rivers nor Brady is going to go somewhere to "push" the starter.  They want to walk in the door and be handed the keys.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

I bet it's Tannehill.

Why go compete with the Bears when you can start with a better team in Tennessee? Tannehill is gonna get 20 plus in FA. That's not what you pay a QB to compete, that's starter money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I like the way you think! 

 

There is the point that some people claim Conklin actually isn't that good - I have not watched enough Titans to have an opinion

I kind of wondered if we were going to go after Halapoulivaati Vaitai ourselves

 

 

Neither Rivers nor Brady is going to go somewhere to "push" the starter.  They want to walk in the door and be handed the keys.

Good point - though "push the starter" could also be an aside to potentially moving on from Trubisky altogether.

 

Honestly, I can't see how any established veteran wouldn't out perform him at this point and win the starting job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Why go compete with the Bears when you can start with a better team in Tennessee? Tannehill is gonna get 20 plus in FA. That's not what you pay a QB to compete, that's starter money.

Maybe a Bridgewater or Mariota 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Why go compete with the Bears when you can start with a better team in Tennessee? Tannehill is gonna get 20 plus in FA. That's not what you pay a QB to compete, that's starter money.

 

I could see the Bears paying Tannehill 20 mill plus.

 

They are desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dalton? 
 

 


Mariota...Nagy has experience with a mobile guy like Alex Smith.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I could see the Bears paying Tannehill 20 mill plus.

They are desperate.

 

Unless the Brady to Tennessee rumors are true, I think if I'm Tannehill I take less to stay put with the team I just won Comeback Player of the Year with.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Unless the Brady to Tennessee rumors are true, I think if I'm Tannehill I take less to stay put with the team I just won Comeback Player of the Year with.

That mindset could cost him millions of guaranteed dollars. It’s a nice thought but

this is his winning lottery ticket. Benched

then come back player just in time

for FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

 

There is the point that some people claim Conklin actually isn't that good - I have not watched enough Titans to have an opinion

 

Conklin is consistently good. Only 25 yrs old, he could secure the right tackle spot for years to come. 

  I have always thought that Ford would be a better guard than tackle and I think he could excel at the position. The Bills badly need a tackle and a guard and this move could solve both positions.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Still don’t understand why anyone would want to play for Gase or the Jets dumpster fire of an organization. Is the NYC proximity really that big of a deal?

While you are absolutely correct about the jets, Gase, and the dumpster fire,...
The Big Apple is really an amazing  place to live in or visit, quite literally any type of food, fashion, bars, clubs, entertainment or any other thing you might want is likely to be found there, people from all over the world are there, and bring all the interesting things from their home lands, the best pizza I’ve ever eaten the best dim sum, the best Italian food outside of Italy, etc etc. it is hands down one of the most dynamic places on our planet. so yes The proximity to NYC is a big deal.   Oh, but there is one draw back, actually two, the New Jersey jets and giants, they masquerade as New York teams... 😁👍

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...