Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

7 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Recommendations on Italian restaurants in NYC are accepted.  Thanks.

Il Punto on 9th Ave in Hell’s Kitchen area. Good food & service. The owner & I have the same name so it was interesting when we went there after I had reserved online with my name.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like this thought process. You have a few names to keep an eye on? Is there another ‘Feliciano’ type of player for either RT or swing tackle? 

Here's a list via Spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/right-tackle/

Of these, a few that may come at a decent price should they make it to the market:

Bulaga - Spotrac has his Market Value at $10 mill AAV

Ifedi (Seattle)

Darryl Williams - who is flying under the radar this year so far, as opposed to last year when folks on this board were ready to sacrifice their first born for him.

Those are  few intriguing names that won't be "cheap" but won't break the bank like Conklin, JMO

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Conklin's market is 15 mill plus.

Do we really want the Bills to pay BOTH Dawkins and Conklin 15 mill plus a year?

There are a few FA's out there at RT who will command much less than Conklin and will perform equal or better to him.

$15M sounds like a lot.

Juwuan James got $13M last year as a RT, so Conklin is probably $13.5. I know Trent Brown got $16, but he was coming off of a year at LT for the SB champs.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If the new bargaining agreement passes quickly, will teams be allotted a higher Cap for this season? I realize the 17 game season & extra playoff spots won’t start until ‘21, but I don’t see why new ca$h can’t be doled out.

Doesn't the revenue have to come first? (Asking for a friend.)

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

While you are absolutely correct about the jets, Gase, and the dumpster fire,...
The Big Apple is really an amazing  place to live in or visit, quite literally any type of food, fashion, bars, clubs, entertainment or any other thing you might want is likely to be found there, people from all over the world are there, and bring all the interesting things from their home lands, the best pizza I’ve ever eaten the best dim sum, the best Italian food outside of Italy, etc etc. it is hands down one of the most dynamic places on our planet. so yes The proximity to NYC is a big deal.   Oh, but there is one draw back, actually two, the New Jersey jets and giants, they masquerade as New York teams... ??

Yeah, sure... but do they have a Dave and Busters? :unsure:

:lol:

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Recommendations on Italian restaurants in NYC are accepted.  Thanks.

Go to Little Italy. It's where Italian American cuisine started.

Some ideas for that part of town

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If the new bargaining agreement passes quickly, will teams be allotted a higher Cap for this season? I realize the 17 game season & extra playoff spots won’t start until ‘21, but I don’t see why new ca$h can’t be doled out.

I'm not sure, but I thought I heard that every player would get another game check (1/16th of their contracted pay), and it would not be considered part of the Cap this year.

Can anybody verify that?

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They swung and missed last year. It’s their biggest need. 

Nah their biggest need is to keep their qb away from girls with mono and other diseases. They had a decent record with Darnold in. They might have made the playoffs had he played the entire season based on record with and without him. 

5 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

This isn’t college football. Most of these guys that hit free agency are going to whichever team is going to pay them the most. If the dollars are close then they go with the situation they are most comfortable in.

Anthony Barr says hello. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I here you, on all counts, I don’t think that the jets have what it takes to shed their rep, the Bills on the other hand are making some head way on reviving their name.

Go Bills!!!

The Bills and Buffalo have a long way to reviving their name sadly. Just last Probowl Buffalo was voted the worst place to visit by the players. 

16 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Wasn't Newton rumored to them at some point? I know Rhule said he was still "their guy" but have heard it all before...could also be Rivers. Not even going to speculate on Brady.

Rivers is expected to be headed to Indy.  Seems like a pretty done deal. 

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Conklin's market is 15 mill plus.

Do we really want the Bills to pay BOTH Dawkins and Conklin 15 mill plus a year?

There are a few FA's out there at RT who will command much less than Conklin and will perform equal or better to him.

With the CBA expected to jump up cap allocations by 2021 there will be teams that substantially “overpay” free agents this off-season. That’s because they expect those bloated looking contracts to be bargains in a year.  It’s going to happen with young players like Clowney and Conklin. 

Edited by BarleyNY

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Rivers is expected to be headed to Indy.  Seems like a pretty done deal. 

With the CBA expected to jump up cap allocations by 2021 there will be teams that substantially “overpay” this off-season. That’s because they expect those bloated looking contracts to be bargains in a year.  It’s going to happen with young players like Clowney and Conklin. 

I’d be surprised if the Bills were the ones who overpay for either one of these players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Doesn't the revenue have to come first? (Asking for a friend.)

I suppose so. For this amateur reading ‘tween the lines, I think there’s plenty of revenue at the ready. Owners are so determined to get this done, THEY’ve offered perks for this contract they’ve shut the League down for in years past. I’m convinced-without much evidence, they Know they’re about to make a ridiculous killing on new tv contracts, streaming services and additional channels offering  League games. I’m cynical, but if I’m right, the players will rue the day they accepted this Trojan Horse..

May the Jets fail at absolutely everything they do. I despise them. I hate Gase's smug little rat fink face. I hope he smacks his stupid toe on every stupid piece of furniture he owns. I hope his Microsoft Surface malfunctions and deletes his entire stupid playbook. I hope Darnold throws about 27 errant passes per practice that hit him right in his googily-eyed fink-face. Friggin' loser. 

I hope they bring in Conklin and he wastes their friggin' time and makes them think he's gonna sign there and then turns around and signs somewhere else. I hope that happens with every single GD free agent they bring in.