Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Williams was not good this year at all, I sincerely hope he is not a Bills target. 

Peat is versatile but his play was also terrible this past season. The Bills need dependable talent and they have the money to get it. If Conklin is too much or just not an option, Bulaga was excellent this past year and at 30 should have a couple of good seasons left. He will definitely cost less than Conklin but is just as good of a player if not better. Draft another tackle and bring in Bulaga if possible. I am hoping Ford moves to guard as that is his natural position imo.

It's true that Peat had a down year, but the prior 2 seasons he was a pro-bowler, a former first rounder picked 13th overall. The point is he is 26 versus Bulaga 31. Peat isn't in the conversation for most fans but may provide great value like Spain did this year, those are the guys the Bills need to look at.

Recency bias can be one of the most misleading factors in free agency. 

I get that fans become excited about the idea of acquiring blue Chip players in free agency, but where I hope Beane wins again is that second tier of great value and fit FA.

Edited by Seoulofstone

Morse was a "top tier" FA last year.   

BB did say he wouldn't be "wading into the deep end of the pool" of FA this year.   That makes me believe that a Conklin isn't in the plans.  And that "they want to keep in good salary cap shape for as long as possible" (until Josh's Contract comes up).

So my expectations are for the value players.   My own hope is for a monster defender , I am thinking Bud Dupree, some "iron sharpens iron" pieces and  a taste of good depth. 

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Morse was a "top tier" FA last year.   

BB did say he wouldn't be "wading into the deep end of the pool" of FA this year.   That makes me believe that a Conklin isn't in the plans.  And that "they want to keep in good salary cap shape for as long as possible" (until Josh's Contract comes up).

So my expectations are for the value players.   My own hope is for a monster defender , I am thinking Bud Dupree, some "iron sharpens iron" pieces and  a taste of good depth. 

Because GMs always broadcast their intentions. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

That’s an absolute abomination...but the Texans will do it because Bill O’Brien the GM wants to give Bill O’Brien the HC what Bill O’Brien the OC wants.

they have to do it! You can’t trade your future for a guy and then not pay him. 

All of the people running that organization are stupid. All one of them. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

they have to do it! You can’t trade your future for a guy and then not pay him. 

All of the people running that organization are stupid. All one of them. 

As soon as that trade went down without a new contract extension built in, Tunsil had a blank check from the Texans. Leverage out the Wazoo

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As soon as that trade went down without a new contract extension built in, Tunsil had a blank check from the Texans. Leverage out the Wazoo

And he’s holding onto that leverage almost as much as he holds on to defensive players... 

Really pisses me off we lost to the human ego that is BOB. Felt nice to see him get his ass kicked by KC though.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2020 at 6:06 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I never want to tell someone what to do with their life but this guy should not play in this league any longer. They shouldn’t clear him.

Also, I think that it’s pretty bold of Brady to go to Vegas to compete with Peterman. I thought if he left New England he’d go somewhere with a little clearer path to be a starting QB?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't understand when or why people began to think Bradberry is an elite corner.

I think it’s more of him being one of the top corners “on the market” vs being actually elite, those guys aren’t going to hit the market. And teams always overpay for corners. Remember Trumaine Johnson? Lol. I actually to like Bradbury but that’s a lot of coin for him 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s more of him being one of the top corners “on the market” vs being actually elite, those guys aren’t going to hit the market. And teams always overpay for corners. Remember Trumaine Johnson? Lol. I actually to like Bradbury but that’s a lot of coin for him 

I'd rather sign Kevin Johnson for the money he'll get than Bradberry if $15m is the actual price for him. Byron Jones, Tre, etc., $15m is justifiable. I think my defense is in trouble if Bradberry is my highest paid player.