No Team Wants To See The Buffalo Bills

H2o

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Weather may have an impact on this game, but agree.  The Bills can beat any team in the AFC right now imo with the Ravens being the most scariest offense imo be good to see a team shut them down and supply a blueprint on how to do it

We beat up the #1 Offense in the NFL with the #1 OL in the NFL....We shut down the running game after that 1st series.  If Josh Allen continues to play mistake free football and let Singletary run the ball, we will have opportunity to win every week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why are we tolerating this guy's presence?

There's something to be said for his determination. I'll give him that.

Several other trolls are visibly absent today!!!! We know who they are. 

Signing off. Everybody enjoy your night and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 hour ago, RoboTronic said:

I don't think the Ravens are scared of the Bills. I'm also quite sure Belichick isn't either.

Rather a “Debbie Downer” sentiment today, but probably accurate.

What we can hope is that they *should* be scared of us, but until we prove that on the football field, no team that has pwn’d us is gonna be scared.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rather a “Debbie Downer” sentiment today, but probably accurate.

What we can hope is that they *should* be scared of us, but until we prove that on the football field, no team that has pwn’d us is gonna be scared.

It's not a downer at all IMO. Someone states that teams are "on notice" and "should be scared of" etc, I just think that is wrong.  Absolutely does not take away from the great win today.

1 hour ago, RoboTronic said:

Why are you so sensative? Yes, great win today, but some people are getting carried away. Ravens and Pats are two of the best teams in the league this season. Bills still have more to prove.

followed this up by beating Mason Rudolph in OT ??????

1 hour ago, jaclynrea21 said:

y is buffalo still the 5th seed in playoff picture

Division winners are 1-4.

If a 9-7 division winner plays an 11-5 wild card team, the 9-7 division winner still hosts the wildcard team, and is the higher seed.

Since the Pats still have a stranglehold on the division Buffalo is in control of the #5 spot (wildcard).

Edited by RocCityRoller

I don't think that any of the remaining teams on the Bills schedule are shook about having to play them.   I don't think the Bills are afraid of the Ravens either and the Ravens could have literally scored a TD on every possession against the Rams the other night.   I guess I just don't think players even think that way much.   It's a fan thing.   Like assuming that the team feels the same emotions as fans during the game.   Players live in the moment fans wander in and out of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoboTronic said:

I don't think the Ravens are scared of the Bills. I'm also quite sure Belichick isn't either.

Let them not be scared just like Dallas wasn't!  Going for it in their 19 yard line, no respect for the Bills!  The Bills are pulling it all together at the right time!  

I can get someone saying the Ravens are not going to be scared. The way they are playing at the moment they are rolling even more than us and their confidence is sky high. Beat San Fran on Sunday and they will be feeling borderline invincible. 

But if you think Bill Belichick wasn't watching that last night and thinking "man if those Bills are the ones that show up here the weekend before xmas they will give us all we can handle" then I am not sure you have watched New England this season. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoboTronic said:

That doesn't even make sense.

Frankly neither do your posts.....

THe bills are 9 and 3

THey can only play the teams that are put on their schedule

One of our losses..to the patriots..was by less then a TD

We just beat a team that has a winning record and something to definately play for.......soundly....IN THEIR HOUSE

To sit there and B word "Well they havent played anybody yet"....these are all professional NFL teams.....the improvement of the team is undeniable because previous bills teams LOSE games like todays.......

So....why are YOU here

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 wins are great. winning on thanksgiving, awesome. but, I need to see them win against the ravens before I can get too excited. bills fans, up and down emotionally and after a win like yesterday and I can see how some can be so up they feel they'll dominate what is at this point, the best team in the afc.

win against the ravens at home, get to 10 wins then were talking. I think it's a little premature to be claiming no team wants to see buffalo though.

they are definitely coming together as a team all at the right time.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

9 wins are great. winning on thanksgiving, awesome. but, I need to see them win against the ravens before I can get too excited. bills fans, up and down emotionally and after a win like yesterday and I can see how some can be so up they feel they'll dominate what is at this point, the best team in the afc.

win against the ravens at home, get to 10 wins then were talking. I think it's a little premature to be claiming no team wants to see buffalo though.

I don't think anyone is stating here that the Bills will dominate the Ravens.  I think most folks have opined that the Bills can go toe-2-toe with Ravens or any other team in the league and may have a close game with them and even win it.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I don't think anyone is stating here that the Bills will dominate the Ravens.  I think most folks have opined that the Bills can go toe-2-toe with Ravens or any other team in the league and may have a close game with them and even win it.   

no team wants to see the buffalo bills? yeah, dominate may not of been the right choice of words. but, again, no team wanting to see them just seems a bit too much at this point. ravens are no joke. bills are showing certain growth, especially on offense but I don't see them as a team feared by other teams, especially the ravens who I will give credit for their season to this point as well and will be by far, even over the pats*, the best team the bills will face this season.

I believe they'll have a chance to win, biggest test for this young team this season. they beat the ravens and go 10-3, there could be talk of taking the division then?

lets get past the ravens first.

9 hours ago, RoboTronic said:

That doesn't even make sense.

Go Pound Sand Meaning. Definition: Go away; do something pointless; screw off. The idiom go pound sand is an expression of contempt that often means, “Go away.” It also refers to a pointless activity. The idiom originated in American English.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'll never understand this mentality. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

what isn't there to understand Joe?

what should I do as a fan? call them superbowl contenders? division leader? the best team in the afc or nfl for that matter?

I mean the thread is based off that team(s) should not want to see buffalo? 

nothing wrong with wanting to see them win at home against the ravens before getting my emotions too high with the thought that every team should now fear the buffalo bills.

I also made the comment that they are definitely coming together as a team. at the right time of the year I may add but as a long, long standing bills fan who has had the sails taken out from under him for years and years of incompetence, has every right to be a little skeptical at this point.

sorry Joe that I am not at your fan hood level but I will say that I am very grateful as a fan that my team showed up on thanksgiving, showing the nation this team is on the rise.

nuff said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

Go Pound Sand Meaning. Definition: Go away; do something pointless; screw off. The idiom go pound sand is an expression of contempt that often means, “Go away.” It also refers to a pointless activity. The idiom originated in American English.

You know you can do something about that 

;);) ? 

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

maybe because it was 1 game against another team that had not beaten a winning team and also lost to the JETS 

Winning against the Cravens is further vindication.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I get the skeptics in this thread, I really do. But at the same time, the heat was on McDermott to get a win like this. The heat was on Josh to have a "statement game" against a good team. This is the 2nd week in a row he has seen a top 6 defensive unit. Yesterday he was nearly flawless after being pretty damn good the week before. The narrative before the game? The Cowboys have too many weapons. The Bills have a weak run defense. The Bills defense is overrated as a whole. Josh turns the ball over too much. The Bills haven't beaten a team with a winning record and are a product of their schedule. Just about EVERYONE in the media and analyst on television picked the Cowboys to win, and not only win, but dominate the Bills yesterday. Not only did McDermott and the staff come up with a fantastic game plan, but Josh was lights out, we dominated all facets of the game, and ALL of those guys played hungry. If you don't see the energy around this team, the bond they have, and can't feel that this team is special I'm sorry. I see it, I can feel it. Now the rest of the NFL, the media, and personalities are seeing it as well. 

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

I get the skeptics in this thread, I really do. But at the same time, the heat was on McDermott to get a win like this. The heat was on Josh to have a "statement game" against a good team. This is the 2nd week in a row he has seen a top 6 defensive unit. Yesterday he was nearly flawless after being pretty damn good the week before. The narrative before the game? The Cowboys have too many weapons. The Bills have a weak run defense. The Bills defense is overrated as a whole. Josh turns the ball over too much. The Bills haven't beaten a team with a winning record and are a product of their schedule. Just about EVERYONE in the media and analyst on television picked the Cowboys to win, and not only win, but dominate the Bills yesterday. Not only did McDermott and the staff come up with a fantastic game plan, but Josh was lights out, we dominated all facets of the game, and ALL of those guys played hungry. If you don't see the energy around this team, the bond they have, and can't feel that this team is special I'm sorry. I see it, I can feel it. Now the rest of the NFL, the media, and personalities are seeing it as well. 

I actually predicted them to win yesterday, in a close one. they by far went over my expectations and JA and the defense as well as some fine coaching by both McD and Daboll was certainly a sight to see. my slightest skepticism comes from the fact they they still need to go further with a dominating win at home against the ravens who now sit at number one in total offense and a top 10 defense as well. they showed yesterday, as a defense while dallas had presently sat with the number one total offense, they could shut them and the critics down, a hell of a statement to say the least. as for the media, their tune was totally changed by half time and all four of those so called experts ate crow and it should of been fed to them cold and raw.

the ravens are not the dallas cowboys as was show cased this past monday night so after meeting and fulfilling that challenge yesterday, this will be by far their toughest one to date. I believe in this young team enough to know they have a chance to win next week but I also have to know there is a chance they may not win. I will be okay with that because as I have said recently before the cowgirls game that even with a loss it is a part of the development and growth this team and JA needs to reach the level of the top echelon teams and right now, the ravens are at the top.

yes, I'm overlooking the patsies* but honestly, I'm doing that because I do not believe they're the team to beat at this stage of the season and how they have just been squeaking out wins, wins that really have not impressed me like the pats* of old. I do believe buffalo has a good chance to beat them in foxboro dec. 21. 

I want to see them dominate at home, they've proven themselves on the road but I feel like the great Bruce Smith " you have to protect your house when the teams come in to play you on your home turf, you have to establish dominance".

I'm not an analytics /stats kind of fan, I look at what I see on the field and I can confidently say that this team is going to make it's mark, as it has already and I believe they will reach that level of the top echelon teams. but there is still more to see and I need to see dominance at home, against the ravens to be able to take what may be that last sigh of relief and drain what little skepticism I may have left.

there was a time, years ago, I would wake up every sunday for about 5 or 6 seasons straight knowing, believing and confident that any team facing the bills, they were winning. yeah, they lost some, 4 on the biggest stage but you always felt they were going to win, especially at home.

it's nice to know that that feeling is not too far off.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

Nobody wants to play this team in the playoffs. Nobody. This team may not quite be there yet but they are improving every week. This team is a bunch of warriors fighting for each other every damn play. 

This team is the difference between a collection of talent and a TEAM. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I can get someone saying the Ravens are not going to be scared. The way they are playing at the moment they are rolling even more than us and their confidence is sky high. Beat San Fran on Sunday and they will be feeling borderline invincible. 

But if you think Bill Belichick wasn't watching that last night and thinking "man if those Bills are the ones that show up here the weekend before xmas they will give us all we can handle" then I am not sure you have watched New England this season. 

I actually think Belichick always imagines the negative outcome first.    He's a glass half empty personality by nature and that drives him to prepare to the point that their cup runneth over.     But I doubt their players are sweating it much.   They are confident in the gameplans they are given each week.   And for good reason.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2019 at 7:11 AM, Nervous Guy said:

The full idiom,  btw, is "Go pound sand up your ass."

Which I like much better...

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

not sure about teams

but very few fans outside the Bills fanbase care to see the Bills play

Good thing we have a massive fan base! Have you seen the prime time numbers we put up this year? I expect that to continue throughout the playoffs.