Sunday Nite Football Patriots*** at Ravens 8:20 ET NBC

Just now, Dopey said:

The AFC east is still within reach. Especially if ne loses tonight. Gotta be rooting for Baltimore.

It really is. The Pats are finally playing a real team and getting destroyed here early. 

Their voodoo D turnovers will come to a halt and they are just another team at this stage.  

For a while some folks have been saying that eventually "ground and pound" will come back, because the defenses will be made up of smaller/quicker guys that are suited to shutting down the passing game.

I think that time may have come.

Edited by 32ABBA

Just now, njbuff said:

Lamar, I think, can be a lot like Barry Sanders.............

meaning, not taking the big hits. It was what made Sanders a great player and I think Jackson has a lot of those traits where he doesn't take a big hit.

We shall see.

sanders had the biggest thighs/calves I've ever seen in person  He was built like a bowling ball  Jackson will get knocked out by all those designed runs  He's on pace to have the most carries by a nfl qb ever ant its not even close

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think the ravens win. They have historically never been afraid of the patriots. They will hit them in the mouth. Looking forward to them blowing up Brady. 

This. A couple years ago I did some research and the Ravens have had the best record against the Pats/Belechick.

They're a well run organization with stability in the FO and HC.

I wish the Bills would study the Ravens as an organization, but also on how they play the Pats and what it takes to beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills could have traded down and taken Jackson

And done what with him?  Force him to be a pocket passer?  How may yards does Jackson run for behind the Bills O-line - especially last year? 

If the Bills draft Jackson last year he fails.  If the Jets drafted Jackson he also fails.  If Arizona had drafted Jackson last year he fails.  If Cleveland had drafted Jackson last year he fails. 

Hat's off to Baltimore and their coaches for deciding to think out of the box and try to do something unique in the NFL.  Only TIME will tell if this experiment will work.

Don't forget out of ALL the teams that took QB's in last years draft ONLY Baltimore was a Playoff level team.  All the others were in the middle of tear downs. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Lamar Jackson is everything I wish Josh Allen was.

You mean the 6-2 Josh Allen that could have TOTAL control of the #1 seed in the AFC after tonight?  

Patriots lose and the Bills control the #1 seed in the AFC, not the Ravens.  That's right, the Buffalo Bills control their own destiny and the #1 seed in the AFC if the Patriots lose today.

Edited by FUTURIST