Sunday Nite Football Patriots*** at Ravens 8:20 ET NBC

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Possibly?   But teams had figured out Vick at a certain point in his career

And my guess is they will figure out Jackson in due time. He’s flashing right now on national TV. But sooner or later, and my guess is sooner, they figure him out. 

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

But Lamar is a more accurate passer and he's taller.  I'm apt to believe he has better field vision.

More accurate, better pocket presence, much better reading coverage. Vick and Lamar are really only comparable in terms of running ability.

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Every time Brady gets sacked, I say a little prayer that he doesn’t get up.  He keeps getting up..

Look at the bright side....if he doesn’t get up, it can’t happen AGAIN! 

It's fascinating watching the Ravens and Jackson successfully run a classic college offense.  If you watch a lot of college football you've seen this before.  I still think durability is going to be a problem over the long haul but who knows.  You can see the problem the Raven's O presents a defense.

One thing you notice is just how strong the Ravens are on their O-line and at TE.  And Ingrahm is a load.  Any fall off in the play of these units, particularly due to injury, would definitely put a crimp in this offenses production.

To be fair if Jackson played for t Bills he would  be facing a disaster of Rosenesque proportions.  There is much to be said about being in the right place at the right time.

And like everything in football it's good to be lucky.  Jackson should have been intercepted on that batted ball. 

Still I'm thinking the ravens are going to put a beating on the Pats tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I don't think Josh can run like Lamar. That makes those other plays work.

Actually, I think JA is a better scrambler than Lamar. We need to call some pistol plays. 

Roman with Allen > Roman with Lamar 

Edited by Chill

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Roman was never the problem in Buffalo IMO. He was handcuffed by Tyrod.

Not as much of a problem as Rex and his defense.  But it wasn't until Anthony Lynn took over (Roman fired) when the offense broke out and became top 10 in scoring.  Roman didn't use Tyrod like Lynn could, which is why I'm surprised that Lamar Jackson is doing as good as he is.  I have to believe that is due to John Harbaugh.

• Like (+1) 1