What must Allen do Tomorrow?

billsfan_34

I know there are other JA threads however this may get lost in the shuffle. 

What does everyone want to see out of Allen tomorrow? 

Hit the long ball and lead his receivers is at the top of my list. Second is taking care of the football- 16 fumbles in 18 games.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’d take the question further and ask what must the offense do tomorrow.  I’d love to see them run the ball (with RBs) more.  I’d like to see Allen hit on one or two nice long passes.  Designed QB runs are overrated.  Once or maybe twice per game is sufficient.

Like the thought process- always a fan of pounding the rock

Must do?  Whatever it takes to win. In the context of a single game that's all that ever matters.

In the context of his career, a strong downfield passing performance - as part of a win. Josh needs to show me that he can do that regularly. So maybe 299 yards in the air - just enough to keep the stat freaks panties in a bunch.

23 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I'd like to see 300+ passing with a deep completion or two and no turnovers. 

I'd like to see him beat the blitz they are sure to bring with his arm, to move defenders out of the box. 

They’ve held every QB except Brady and Wentz under 300 yards, including Prescott and Cousins. 

Dunbar, Collins, and Norman are all playing well. I think it’s very unlikely we pass for 300 yards. 

30 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They’ve held every QB except Brady and Wentz under 300 yards, including Prescott and Cousins. 

Dunbar, Collins, and Norman are all playing well. I think it’s very unlikely we pass for 300 yards. 

I do as well, but its what I'd like to see him do. 

I think we will see a heavy dose of Singletary tomorrow.  They are going to crowd the line and stop the run.   We will either need Singletary to break some big runs to set up some nice play action or Allen will have to bring his A+ game. 

After last week Im not really looking forward to AP running against us. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would prefer to see us get out to a comfortable lead and stay there with no need for taking over a game or 4th quarter heroics.

But maybe that's just me.

Strange that OP went with must in the thread title and then want in the ask. 

Your preference (want) is as good as your must (Just Win baby) IMO.

Go Bills!

Anyone else seeing a double bind here?  "Throw for over 300 yards to prove to us you are a franchise QB" plus "If you have a big game against bottom of the barrel opponents like the WR then it obviously doesn't count".  If I were JA I would tell everyone to take a hike (actually I would use more profanity).

More play action, bootlegs, 2 TE sets, misdirection plays and far less 4-5 WR shotgun sets. Get a screen game going. Try a deep pass or two to keep defense honest. Take the handcuffs off Josh and let him sling it. Get McKenzie at least 3-4 touches, and Singletary 10+ touches. No more designed shotgun QB runs. Gonna get him hurt that way. GO BILLS!

Edited by bobshaw81

This is a game where Allen has to show some form of progress. Hard to believe his deep ball accuracy seems to be so bad due to working on his short and intermediate throws. I think a lot of his problems are not trusting his O line, feeling too much pressure where there isn't any. And for the love of god Daboll, scrap the hell out of those designed runs ffs

3 hours ago, bobshaw81 said:

More play action, bootlegs, 2 TE sets, misdirection plays and far less 4-5 WR shotgun sets. Get a screen game going. Try a deep pass or two to keep defense honest. Take the handcuffs off Josh and let him sling it. Get McKenzie at least 3-4 touches, and Singletary 10+ touches. No more designed shotgun QB runs. Gonna get him hurt that way. GO BILLS!

You realize most of what you're saying is not what JOSH ALLEN must do.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The team needs to win the game

/thread

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I know there are other JA threads however this may get lost in the shuffle. 

What does everyone want to see out of Allen tomorrow? 

Hit the long ball and lead his receivers is at the top of my list. Second is taking care of the football- 16 fumbles in 18 games.

Five fumbles lost so the impact is not so big.