Trent Edwards relived

Chicharito

The Trent Edwards was ruined by his concussion take IS the worst least informative take in all of sports

He was never that great and was already dinking and dunking before the injury... It's called Coordinators figured him out

In fact iirc Trent had an AMAZING GAME HIS FIRST GAME BACK, then got figured out and regressed

He WAS NEVER going to be our answer

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McCoy has 214 yards on 40 carries (5.4 avg), 12 carries for first downs, and 2 TDs.  He's also caught 9 passes out of 11 targets for 71 yards (7.9 avg) for 3 first downs and 1 TD.  He has 0 fumbles.  That projects to be about 850 yards on the ground plus another 280 yards via passing, and he's not even the feature back on a passing team.

I'm not a fan of playing money ball, especially on the offensive side.   You can't have too much talent on offense in the modern NFL in order to be successful as the Pats, Chiefs, Saints, Rams, and Eagles have repeatedly demonstrated.   Surrounding a top QB prospect/veteran with second stringers and JAGs hasn't proven to be a particularly successful formula for building consistent playoff contenders in this century.

i gotta admit it looks like we missed out on a lot of production but i think that's the translation from the bills to the chiefs, nobody plays the Chiefs to stop the run and they have an above average OL so no surprise McCoy would look good there and i'm especially happy for him but I don't think he does that here, and with the split carries he would be unhappy.

i honestly think there's more to the McCoy cut and ultimately landing in KC, i gotta believe there was some discussion between him and McBean and then something between McBean and KC so they were assured he'd be taken care of, there is/was a lot of respect between them and it was a matter of fit and his best case scenario outside of the Bills.

5 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

Come on...

First, Trent wasn't good BEFORE the AZ game.  He barely beat the worst teams in the NFL and had mediocre stats in most games prior to the AZ game.  Our ST and Defense scored multiple TD's and turnovers in his 4-0 start that really were important to being 4-0.  I mean he averaged 230 yards per game and had 4 TD's, and 2 INTs over those 4 games.  

This myth started back then more out of his supporters trying to make an excuse rather than admit he was just not very good.  He was the same QB before and after, nothing changed other than he didn't get to keep playing bottom feeder teams and our ST and Def didnt keep helping the offense by scoring TD's.  

Josh Allen is not in any way going to be rattled from this.  He has taken them plenty of times, literally ran off field pumping up the crowd, etc.  Trent was never a good QB, never had any bravado, and was never remotely close to as talented, competitive, or mentally tough as Josh is.  

6 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

I hope not

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't take Josh as the same type of person as Edwards at all. Trent played scared after that concussion. Allen seems to have a fearless nature. 

Trent played scared. Period.

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on...

First, Trent wasn't good BEFORE the AZ game.  He barely beat the worst teams in the NFL and had mediocre stats in most games prior to the AZ game.  Our ST and Defense scored multiple TD's and turnovers in his 4-0 start that really were important to being 4-0.  I mean he averaged 230 yards per game and had 4 TD's, and 2 INTs over those 4 games.  

This myth started back then more out of his supporters trying to make an excuse rather than admit he was just not very good.  He was the same QB before and after, nothing changed other than he didn't get to keep playing bottom feeder teams and our ST and Def didnt keep helping the offense by scoring TD's.  

Josh Allen is not in any way going to be rattled from this.  He has taken them plenty of times, literally ran off field pumping up the crowd, etc.  Trent was never a good QB, never had any bravado, and was never remotely close to as talented, competitive, or mentally tough as Josh is.  

Oh the irony in those stats lol

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He had one fluke game after coming back vs a terrible defense, I think the thesis he was ruined is correct

Actually, he had two more excellent games - against KC and against Denver. He had ratings of over 100 in each game and the Bills put up 54 and 30 points, with both games on the road. His tailspin occurred when he had to play three good divisional opponents in a row: Miami, the Jets, and NE -- right after the SD game.  All had good defenses and all finished over .500 that season. In the next game, he struggled early against Cleveland but put them in position to win 30-29 with a great final drive. Lindell missed the kick. 

Lots of false narratives going on here. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Edwards threw the ball on the ground @ 4th&13 at our own end, against Miami. It was the single, most gutless play that I ever witnessed in that stadium. 

Josh Allen is guts, personified.

someone threw a useless checkdown to Moulds on 4th down against the Pats to clinch a loss

In 2008, with Trent Edwards starting at QB, the Bills went 4-0 to begin the season.  After his concussion playing AZ he and the team were never the same. 

I hope Josh recovers fully and not just because of football.

FROM USA TODAY:

Trent Edwards of the Buffalo Bills has fallen from possible MVP to a shaky quarterback—at best. The second year QB looked like an up and coming star through the first few weeks of the season. He was becoming one of the young poster boys for the NFL. He made appearances on ESPN’s NFL Countdown; Rome is Burning, PTI, ESPN the Magazine and everything in between. Some were even calling the 25 year old quarterback the next Tom Brady and a candidate for the MVP.   

That changed over the course of the season, and it may have to do with a concussion that Edwards faced in Week five against the Arizona Cardinals. He was knocked out of that game and took the bye week off to rest. 

So what exactly happened?

Edwards now looks sluggish and his decision making has turned into that of a certain Bills QB (JP) that is currently sitting on the bench.  He has thrown terrible interceptions, fumbled, overlooked open receivers, thrown off his back foot regularly and even been stripped while stretching for a first down.

Edwards has gone 3-7 after a 4-0 start to the season.

Is the concussion still lingering???  Is there permanent damage?  He definitely isn’t the same player!

• Like (+1) 1

I always thought this narrative was complete NONSENSE. People seem to conveniently forget that Edwards played one of his "best" games the very next week(maybe there was a bye) after the hit in AZ. He had thrown exactly 3 TD's through 3 games BEFORE the "career altering" hit. He just wasn't any good and the team was eventually exposed as a fraud. People eat this stuff up with a spoon, but it's really just malarkey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

JESUS...

I can grasp a couple of super homer and super negative Allen threads, but post BBMB, the multiple mirror threads have gotten absurd the last few years. 

Its a message board, we will keep calling

eachother names, such is message board life,  but this thread in particular really grinds my gears. 

Mods- can we close or merge please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I always thought this narrative was complete NONSENSE. People seem to conveniently forget that Edwards played one of his "best" games the very next week(maybe there was a bye) after the hit in AZ. He had thrown exactly 3 TD's through 3 games BEFORE the "career altering" hit. He just wasn't any good and the team was eventually exposed as a fraud. People eat this stuff up with a spoon, but it's really just malarkey.

He had 2 100+ passer rating days before the injury and 4 after. 2008 was his best year by ANY/A and the injury happened very early on in the season (week 5?).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He had 2 100+ passer rating days before the injury and 4 after. 2008 was his best year by ANY/A and the injury happened very early on in the season (week 5?).

It was week 4. The fact that he bounced back against San Diego immediately after the injury tells me all I need to know. People act like he was some rising star before the hit when in reality, he was a middling guy and that's all he would ever be. 

Troy Aikman had 37 concussions.   Steve Young had a baker's dozen his first year as a pro.  Why does one concussion make Allen just like Edwards and not like every other QB to ever to take a traumatic head injury (which is all of them)?  There's a tiny chance this is Allen's first concussion.

If Allen starts jabbering on about Dakota Fanning and moves in with his sister then we can worry. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It was week 4. The fact that he bounced back against San Diego immediately after the injury tells me all I need to know. People act like he was some rising star before the hit when in reality, he was a middling guy and that's all he would ever be. 

It was week 5. We were 4-0 on the year going into that game and Trent was an early favorite for the Pro Bowl before the hit. Yea, he bounced back the next game (Week 7), btu he was never the same player again.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It was week 5. We were 4-0 on the year going into that game and Trent was an early favorite for the Pro Bowl before the hit. Yea, he bounced back the next game (Week 7), btu he was never the same player again.

The BILLS were 4-0. The collective record of the teams they beat to get to 4-0 was an ASTOUNDING 16-48! Dude was averaging 1 TD per game in those victories. That 4-0 start was fool's gold and largely responsible for this false narrative. He just wasn't any good, but everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

U guys remember when Rob Johnson got hurt back in 2001? Hope Allen recovers ok...... ?

I membah. Well played.

37 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You nailed it. He was never good enough. He wasn't that good in college.  Really only became a name because Bill Walsh supposedly recommended him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Spare me all of your "he played the best game of his career coming off his concussion."

He had weeks to prepare coming off a bye, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder takes up to a month, sometimes years to manifest. 

Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.

Edwards was NEVER the same after getting stretched out.