Trent Edwards relived

Chicharito

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

McCoy's running style and decline is what got him released. Nothing else to see here.

A healthy Singletary is critical to this being a run-heavy offense (Captain Obvious here). With that said, if they have all 3 backs healthy, they have more than enough to be a very strong run team. Plus this strategy will be much more effective for a team that is transitioning a whole new starting OL.

McCoy is doing fine in the Chiefs system, a good fit for both.

• Like (+1) 1

If he learns to start protecting himself and protect the football, then this could turn out OK. Blame the defender for that hit, but blame Josh too. There is no reason for him to be standing when the hit came anyways. He should have gone down to avoid that collision entirely. I just hope this knocks some sense into him so he'll stop dropping the football all over the field and start throwing it away when there isn't enough room to squeeze it in between defenders.

He's fumbled 3 times already in 2019 and he's tied for the NFL lead in interceptions. Stop making excuses for him. Look at Daniel Jones. He doesn't need excuses and he has no talent to work with at WR. Minshew too! So many other young QB's playing well and Josh is still stuck in neutral. He's looked better by a bit this year, but that last game was as bad as he's played.

If you're not concerned, you're living in denial. How poorly does he have to play before you admit that he is struggling? 4 turnovers in just 1 half? 3 picks in 1 game? Been there. Done that.

At this stage, I don't really even see a drop off with Barkley at QB.

Edited by GreggTX

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

If he learns to start protecting himself and protect the football, then this could turn out OK. Blame the defender for that hit, but blame Josh too. There is no reason for him to be standing when the hit came anyways. He should have gone down to avoid that collision entirely. I just hope this knocks some sense into him so he'll stop dropping the football all over the field and start throwing it away when there isn't enough room to squeeze it in between defenders.

He's fumbled 3 times already in 2019 and he's tied for the NFL lead in interceptions. Stop making excuses for him. Look at Daniel Jones. He doesn't need excuses and he has no talent to work with at WR. Minshew too! So many other young QB's playing well and Josh is still stuck in neutral. He's looked better by a bit this year, but that last game was as bad as he's played.

If you're not concerned, you're living in denial. How poorly does he have to play before you admit that he is struggling? 4 turnovers in just 1 half? 3 picks in 1 game? Been there. Done that.

live and learn

a DB doesn't want to take a hit from a man way bigger moving faster than he is

watch Rivas head for the hills when Tebow came at him on a scramble

1 hour ago, Chicharito said:

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

They should really close this site after a loss until Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

I am not in denial with Allen. Any idiot knows he has to be better. Period. He has been bailed out by his D, which may have saved him from being benched, but..........

when you have a million new starters on your OL and you run these constant no RB sets, what kind of results do you expect for a young QB.

Allen needs to be better and more consistent and he needs help from his coaching staff. Also, period.

46 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Anyone throwing the towel in on allen is an idiot.

And that's not really up for debate.

Watching that game on Friday, I felt that Allen was nervous and uncomfortable early on in the game, but there was a point when I saw the look in his eye change and felt that he was starting to settle in. I honestly believe he was going figure it out and win that game if it weren't for the cheap shot that took him out.  Yes, he was trying to do too much for most of the game, instead of taking what the Defense gave him. He held the ball in the (clean) pocket too long several times and forced it into windows that were too tight.  

BUT, his skills are undeniable and I believe that he will learn from his mistakes and continue to develop into the franchise QB we are hoping for.  Like I said, I think he would have found a way to win that game.  In Josh I trust.

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sorry I thought i was responding to "I can dig it! Go in peace, bronan."  

No I am not throwing in the towel on Allen but I have gone from 90% all in to about 75% all in.  Last Sunday concerned me.

So 2 quarters concerned you, micromanage a little more. 

Allen was starting his 15th ever game

Belichick is probably the best head coach all time and one of the best defensive minded coaches of all time

New England has a superb defense this year, probably going to be top 2 along with Bills

The oline wasn't good sunday nor was the coaching

The first pic was underthrown but Zay could have at least fought for the ball

Last pic shouldn't have been a pic, should have been an incomplete pass.

So Josh had a bad half, he was doing much better after haltime and actually his offense outscored Bradys offense 10-9

That said what was expected, 17-20 200 yards 3 TDs and 0 ints?

He's young, he struggled, it happens, especially against that team and coach, how'd Brady do again on sunday?

15 minutes ago, pop gun said:

He's young, he struggled, it happens, especially against that team and coach, how'd Brady do again on sunday?

Brady won, took at most 2 decent licks, notched up another road win.

7 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Belichick is probably the best head coach all time and one of the best defensive minded coaches of all time

New England has a superb defense this year, probably going to be top 2 along with Bills

So Josh had a bad half, he was doing much better after haltime and actually his offense outscored Bradys offense 10-9

I already know everything you wrote.

How Brady did is irrelevant to the Allen question.

If Allen's terrible play doesn't concern you, fine by me.  Live in denial.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

It won't be relived. Trent had zero "gunslinger" traits. Josh might have too much. Josh strikes me as being tougher than Trentative. But it will take a longer than expected time for Josh to stop making dumb decisions.  I think Trent learned a little more at Stanford about common sense than Josh at Wyoming. The joke over this whole concussion is Jones/NE won't even get punished for the cheap hit. It may not have been a Vontace hit but it was worthy of an ejection or 1 game suspension.  It it had been Golden boy the penalty would have been more severe.

Game was too fast and never slowed down for Trent... plain and simple.  The hit didn’t actually change him although maybe he got even more skittish. 

He just didnt have it.  You could argue only 15 or 20 people do, Or 0.0000003% of the world 

There are another couple hundred that are marginally close. Trent was one of them. 

Allen’s story is unwritten. But it’s hard not to think there’s something there when a guy seems to rise when it’s time to go win a game and has delivered no matter how ugly the start was. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Except his best game as a Bill came the game he came back from the concussion.

Why does this keep getting repeated? He wasn't shell shocked, he got figured out.

Because its true. 

Give me a break..."He got figured out."  

Brady is figured out, he still performs.  Same with with any other Qb. 

Edwards was never the same after getting stretched out, and anyone with two eyes can see it.   He was completely gun shy and was never comfortable in the pocket again. 

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

We actually don't know this. We all hope it, but the jury is still out on JA being a long term franchise QB. 

58 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm so tired of this "Trent was ruined by one hit" argument.

He was never that good.

No passion for the game.

No fire.

The perfect QB for a Jauron-led team.

Josh is the anti-Trent.

I agree with all of this. The perfect QB for DJ. Trent was 'OK' but not good. If he had any fire he would have been much better. But he didn't, so he retired after a few years, even when he probably could have made a career as a backup. 

12 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I mean, come on. He didn't just struggle for 2 quarters...he struggles for 2-3 quarters every game. 

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Game was too fast and never slowed down for Trent... plain and simple.  The hit didn’t actually change him although maybe he got even more skittish. 

He just didnt have it.  You could argue only 15 or 20 people do, Or 0.0000003% of the world 

There are another couple hundred that are marginally close. Trent was one of them. 

Trent's game face was destroyed on that single play

Josh is a tough kid. You can see that in the way he plays. 

Trent was not tough. Captain checkdown was made of glass. 

Edited by Nick the Greek

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Because its true. 

Give me a break..."He got figured out."  

Brady is figured out, he still performs.  Same with with any other Qb. 

Edwards was never the same after getting stretched out, and anyone with two eyes can see it.   He was completely gun shy and was never comfortable in the pocket again. 

Again, he had his best game as a Bill AFTER he came back. It's simply not true no matter how much you want to repeat it. If he was never comfortable in the pocket how could he possibly have his best game ever as a Bill? Better than ANY game he had before the injury.

It's a complete myth.